Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'm ready to start putting together my system for my 2002 SAN. I'm thinking to put in two amps, one running 6 interior speakers and sub (likely a 5 channel), then a seperate 4 channel for the tower speakers, likely to be 4 6 1/2's, possibly defcon III's. I've been checking out the kicker 800 4 channel, and 700 5 channel. there seem to be really good deals on ebay for brand new ones, less than $600 for both brand new, but they're like 2 feet wide.

here's my concerns...not much storage space on the SAN and these amps seem pretty big. can i fit both of them in the passenger side observer seat storage area? On my old MC, I had the sub mounted on the interior wall under the passenger seat, absolutely no space for that on the SAN, it would have to be on the outer wall. Better to do this, or put in a fake backing? Also, better to put a sub in there, or in my driver area footwell? any recommendations for a custom box? i'm thinking a possible audiformz box for housing an L7 solobaric, but don't know if it would fit nicely in the footwell with some easy customization. Also, are these pretty decent amps or is there better in the same price range? That's a lot of questions, but thoughts and feeback are appreciated.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
That sounds about exactly what I did on my 03. I got the defcon III's, a Solobaric 10" L7, a kicker 800.4, and a kicker 500.2 I hooked the L7 up to the 500 and the rear four speakers to 400 of the 800. The tower speakers run off of the 400 on the other half of the amp. All of the 6" speakers are at 2ohms getting 100 watts. The L7 is wired at 4 ohms to receive the full 500.

My only regret is that I used the 500.2 instead of a 600.1. I had originally planed to use the 500.2 for the tower speakers and half of the 800 for the sub. But figured that 400 watts was plenty for the tower, and not enough for the sub. So I switched. Also, the 600.1 is way smaller and uses less juice.

On a 02 SAN I think it is possible to fit the sub at the driver’s feet, if you don't have a heater. I have the 03 that has a fiberglass hump for the kick panel to screw in to, and a heater. I extended the mounting board from the 300.4 so I could fit the 800.4 and mounted the 500.2 vertically farther back in the storage space. The sub sets in there as well. I can tell you that I’m quite happy with the system, but my standards may be different than yours.

I hope this helps.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-24-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
here's what i recently had done:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/83920.html?1064645377
Old    scubastevebps            10-25-2003, 5:37 AM Reply   
I'm also shopping for my 02 SAN. Too many choices and routes that you can take. I'm looking at going with the defcon III's. Sick speakers.