Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-01-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
I just put one in my boat for about $135 and that was all new parts. If you had some of the hose fittings and tubing or garden hose you could do it for around $100. The pump was $90 new, I bet you could get one from ebay for half that used. It was super simple and took less than 2 hours and I really took my time.

If there is some interest I can post some pics and instructions. Reply to this post and if enough people reply I will take some pics and post some instructions.

It is about $100 cheaper than a storebought kit, I don't know what they would charge to install it.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            10-01-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Please post pics and instructions!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-01-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
i am interested!!! please post pics
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-01-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
There is an article on this site on how to hook up a shower, but I will take some pics tonight of my homemade install.

I found pumps on ebay for $59, this is the same one I just got for $90 at west marine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50073&item=2434592 300

This would easily make the total cost under $100.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
That's cool. I looked all over for a pressure-controlled pump, but I couldn't do better than $120.

I also couldn't find a mixing valve assembly that I liked the looks of, and the shower head was going to cost $19.00. So, I just bought the Aquatik setup for $170.

One thing to consider. The Aquatik system has screens in the mixing valve's water intakes, and I have to clean the screens every season. I'm not sure what would happen to the pump if the gunk went through it.
Old    leggester            10-01-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Jeff, is that Aquatik the one that has the transom mount with a lid?

Just curious, the Mrs. is starting to seriously think about one.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
I'm interested Matthew!!! Post some pics!
Old    wes_the_gimp            10-01-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
Yes Matthew post some pics!! please!!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
Matt, Aquatik makes a couple of models. I think the one with the cover is an 200-S or something like that. Mine is the 100-S. It's like the system on the back of the MC's on another thread here, and here's a link to what you get (plus a pump and a couple of fittings): http://www.fluidconcepts.net/Pages/Showers/showers.htm

After seeing the slick home made job that is pictured in still another thread here, that route is worth considering. The guy found a way to do it for under $100, using the same pump that comes with the Aquatik.