Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-24-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
First off, have to start off with wow. We took a demo in Windemere, FL a few weeks back and we were very impressed with the overall quality of the boat and the wake as well. With it being a west coast boat, I hadn't heard much about it and wasn't quite sure what the quality was like or even the wake.

On the first walk up, I was really liking the look. It's a clean look and the paint in the gelcoat is a big plus… no stickers. You can get a lot of options on color and the overall scheme, which is definitely awesome for someone ordering from the factory.

The interior layout is extremely simple, which is exactly what I like. Coming off an X-Star, I was happy with the simple, effective layout and the clean looking setup with the seats. The drivers spot in the cockpit has a pretty cool layout that was easy to get used to while pulling the rider and, with my skepticism of electronics and touchscreens all over the place, I was digging the standard gauges. My opinion is the more complicated it is, the quicker something will go wrong. I'm the same way with airplanes (I'm a pilot) and glass panel vs. steam gauges, the simpler the better.

A big plus is the rear plate control which puts the boat up on plane very quick, even when loaded up. Doesn't do anything for the wake, only for helping to get on plane. Not a problem because I didn't want to change the shape of stock wake at all. This was my first real test with the Zero-Off cruise control and it worked flawlessly. We rode in chop on this day and naturally being GPS controlled, it was a consistent pull the whole time which is a huge plus for me. I yank the boat back pretty hard on some cuts for flats-tricks and I was happy with how it performed. Oh, and another plus is the gated ballast --- fill up the stock tanks in about a minute by letting the water rush in, no pumps! Huge advantage for what we're doing… it took the Axis with plug and play plumbed stupidly by the dealer 20 minutes to fill up stock plus three 750's. With this setup, you're waiting on the rider to get ready.

For the wake, I was extremely happy. It's got a rampy shape to it, about like a Malibu, and has a little bit of a curl on top with stock weight and a few bodies in the boat. I was able to hit all my tricks with it without having to rush like I do on other stock wakes. Although it had the size needed for my stuff, it's still a small enough wake that can be controlled by any level rider. I was unaware of the extra bags that were in the boat, so we threw about 600 pounds in the rear lockers and another 350 in the bow. Same shape on the bottom end, but had more of a lip up top and damn, I was a happy guy. Boat still hopped up on plane in hardly any more time than before with the help of the plate, which definitely helps with minimizing the fuel flow when constantly pulling riders up after falls.

If you're in the market and have considered an MB, I highly recommend contacting the closest dealer and setting up a demo ride. I was impressed with it and I'm sure many others would be as well. They're a little hard to find on the east side, but still worth trying for.

For those in or around Florida, contact Drew at surf@surffresh.com and set up a day on the water to check out a new MB.
Old    Chris Walker (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-24-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
Nice review Adam. wishing you had some pics cause your always fun to watch ride. Happy Thanksgiving
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-24-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Couldn't agree more with the "simpler is better" analogy, and that MB boats will compare with anything on the market.
Old    Nick911            11-24-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
Does everyone on this site work for MB?
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-24-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
Wake is probably not as good as a nautique
Old    Brendan (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-24-2011, 4:06 PM Reply   
I wouldn't classify this as 'a review' if not one negative thing was pointed out about the boat. This is more of an advertisement.
Old    Nick911            11-24-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Boat isn't loaded up with features? That's ok, say its "simpler" and less likely to break down. And then compare it to an Axis.
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-24-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
I am not an amateur who does advertisements. Don't ever call a post of mine an advertisement.

I compared to the Axis because it was/is a boat I wouldn't keep if it was given to me.

To me, the wake is better than a Nautique. Personal opinion is what runs our industry, that's why I ride what I ride and you ride what you ride. Think before you post.

Can a guy not go on the forums and post about a boat that he took for a demo ride? I don't really have any complaints with the boat but I was only on it for a few hours. I rode a couple times, had a good set each time, took a quick tour of the lake(s) since there are some nice houses, and went home. I liked the boat overall, only had a few minor complaints for the time that I was on there, but it's a nice boat. Would I own one? No, probably not. Grown up on Mastercraft's all my life (old Stars & Stripes, 93 Prostar, 03 X-7, 03 X-30, 04 X-Star now) and love those, and as a matter of fact, my buddy and me are getting contracts with a different boat company soon.

I do apologize for the rant but I have a short fuse for dumb comments. I posted what I did because that's what people look for when searching for a boat; positives on each brand. Yes, negatives, but I haven't experienced the boat enough to give a list of legit negatives.
Old    Nick911            11-24-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
Hahaha
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-24-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
No Nick, everyone on this board is not employed by MB. You seem to have a rather large conspiratorial bent concerning the acceptability of MB's in the marketplace.

Shmoe: Is "probably" a guess? It would seem you are lacking empirical evidence to support your conclusion regarding your hypothesis. Is there some unknown set of criteria you are using to prove your reasoning?
Old    Nick911            11-24-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
No Nick, everyone on this board is not employed by MB. You seem to have a rather large conspiratorial bent concerning the acceptability of MB's in the marketplace.

Shmoe: Is "probably" a guess? It would seem you are lacking empirical evidence to support your conclusion regarding your hypothesis. Is there some unknown set of criteria you are using to prove your reasoning?
Occam's Razor provo....

If I had a nickel for every MB aficionado on here who leaves a phone number at the end of their post.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-24-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Does everyone on this site work for MB?
LOL, you aren't the only one to think that.

As an owner of a 2011 23 twb (NOT the boat reviewed in the OP, btw), I'd be happy to give you my criticisms...

it's a big freakin boat. it's a harder tow than my vride for sure.

65 gallon gas tank. Yes, it's enough to last two days but when the pump clicks off at $125 for the second time, my wallet and i are ready to cry.



I've been pretty vocal in other MB threads about the lack of a raw water seacock on the raw water intake. weird place to save a few bucks imho.

in the 2011's the tray over the tranny (and ungated raw water intake) is held on with 4 allen bolts. makes it more difficult to check vdrive/tranny/intake issues quickly. Mentioned it to the dealer's tech and he told me to leave 'em out, which I will probably do next season.

The hour meter runs when the key is in the on position whether the boat is running or not!?!? Totally weak and probably easily remedied by tying the hour meter to the fuel pump rather than the ignition, EXCEPT that making that change could be deemed tampering with the hour meter and thus voiding the warranty according to the terms of the warranty. This is pretty much the dumbest thing on the boat by far and really needs to be addressed. Yes, it's minor, but by the same token, hours depreciate a boat, and it's irritating that "fake" hours will rack up. So why would you put the key in the on position while the engine is off, you might ask? Two reasons -- because the gauges aren't powered up in acc, which means neither the depth gauge nor the ballast gauges work unless the ignition is "on." So if you are floating and want to check depth or ballast status, you are putting hours on the boat.

the stock triple racks (2 wakeboards / 1 surfboard) don't hold the boards well in chop. That could be a complement to the hull -- I can traverse rough waters much more quickly than I could in our 2006 vride -- but when hitting the rough stuff, the wakeboards on the bottom don't get much bungee tension and will tend to swing around in the racks.

The cushion bases are "flexy" in comparison to my old malibu. Don't notice it except when you pull a cushion up, in which case you can feel some flex.

Finally, the fuse box under the dash is super cheap, and coming from Malibu, which had circuit breakers, it's a little ghetto. Totally functional and have had no issues, but much more "basic" than even my "stripper" vride was.

All that said, we really really really like the boat. The wake is money. Gravity fed ballast is as good as everyone says, without any readily apparent drawbacks. You can switch from a great surf wave to a great wakeboard wake as quickly as your riders are willing to get wet and ready. The 23 is gigantic inside. The tower is nice and high. The bimini is very easy to deploy. The rough water ride is fantastic. Controls are analog and right in front for easy manipulation (speaking here as a former owner of a 'bu with the stereo under the armrest). Storage is amazing in comparison to our older 21' malibu.

....

a "fair" list or criticisms?

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I'm certainly thankful that MB makes such a great boat at a fair price, flaws notwithstanding.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-24-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdsworth View Post
I am not an amateur who does advertisements. Don't ever call a post of mine an advertisement.

Quote:
Think before you post.
Quote:
I do apologize for the rant but I have a short fuse for dumb comments.
I find irony in the fact the last two comments were preceeded by the first one...


Sorry but I agree there is an awful lot of MB ball washing on these boards. They make great boats, but knowing Mike's history and a number of MB owners who have been denied warranty claims, I would be hesitant to purchase one. I also would have a hard time putting alot of value in a review that doesn't have one bad thing to say about a boat. Even MB knows they need to up their game, a big reason they got design talent from a competitor to help improve their line.
Old    Dave Diaz (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-24-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
I really do not understand all the hating on here when someone has something good to say about a brand. Isn't this the general discussion area for boats. Dude, if someone handed me any boat, I'd take it. Funny thing is a lot of the hating comes from people who have no expierence with the brand, or people who don't even own a boat.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-24-2011, 10:04 PM Reply   
Wow, how dare someone share their experience on this site without mentioning the negative.
Old    Brendan (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-25-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Man, people take stuff WAY to seriously.

1) I do own a boat, no hating intended. The minute I step foot in a new boat I start a mental list if the positives AND negatives. Human nature I think. A review should always include both, hopefully leading w the good.
2) I AM possibly in the market for a new boat
3) I was looking for reviews on various boats including MBs, and thanks to both Adam AND Shawndoggie we now truly have one.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-25-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Does everyone on this site work for MB?


Man u just don't learn. U were owned once let not make it twice. I understand u own a sweet boat you probably rub one out too every note in the driveway, oh wait that's right, you don't own anything yet except a picture. You have zero experience with any other mfg on the market and yet want to spout off comments left and right. Please go back into your hole. People like yourself don't last long here. Get over youself and the picture of the boat you own and have never ridden behind. You were owned get over it and take the advice you were given.

The guy posted a review of a product he actually used. Way more useful than anything youve posted. Figure out that tube towpoint yet for your new Mc?

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-25-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Man u just don't learn. U were owned once let not make it twice. I understand u own a sweet boat you probably rub one out too every note in the driveway, oh wait that's right, you don't own anything yet except a picture. You have zero experience with any other mfg on the market and yet want to spout off comments left and right. Please go back into your hole. People like yourself don't last long here. Get over youself and the picture of the boat you own and have never ridden behind. You were owned get over it and take the advice you were given.

The guy posted a review of a product he actually used. Way more useful than anything youve posted. Figure out that tube towpoint yet for your new Mc?
Just pointed out an obvious bias on this forum that several people agreed to. Go back and re read the last two paragraphs of the initial post, something to the effect of "go see your dealer to learn more."

If MB was as flawless as all these guys who leave a dealers number after their "review" say, no one else would sell any boats, MB would have 100% market share.

Let me guess, you get alpha-maled at work everyday and you come on here to take out your frustrations....
Nice little defense mechanism...
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Like seriously, look at the last two paragraphs....lol
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
There's no bias. I took a ride on the boat and liked it enough to share with people the experience that I had and allow people to broaden their spectrum of the wakeboat market. Don't care if I help MB or not, just letting people know what's available and what's good about it. If anyone buys a boat based on one review, they're not a boater they're a poser. Demos are for people who know what they are looking for and want to find the best and worst qualities.

I left contact info for the dealer so that people could know how to contact him if they're interested in a demo and they don't have to contact anyone in between just to get the guys information. Are you oblivious to the fact that contact info is needed to set up a demo? Instead of searching the MB site or Google, I covered it. Is that a crime? I bet you're the kid that got his Google-search certified boaters license and talks big game. You just might be GQ's neighbor.
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-25-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
^^^^hahahahahaha^^^^^^
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
Well to be honest I do wish I had taken a closer look at MB because they do seem to have quite a loyal following so MB is certainly doing something right. So you took the boat out for a demo, you going to buy it?
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
No, my buddy was offered an unbeatable deal with another boat company and we are supposedly getting riders contracts with them. I am just here to express my satisfaction with the MB.

Last edited by holdsworth; 11-25-2011 at 2:43 PM. Reason: . . .
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Satisfaction duly noted.
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-25-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
Nick911
Could yyou post a picture of your boat? Can you tell us your age? What other boats have you owned? You appear to be a troller who likes to stir things up. I too am an MB owner. Is it the ULTIMATE PERFECT boat? No but it is darn close. I got mine at larsen's un northern California. I'm sorry I wasn't offered a wake plate and they put their boats on Sports Boat Trailers. Not the ones MB uses. It lowered the price but I would've paid more for the correct one. This trailer is terrible. It creaks and groan and is only 7 months old. But the boat is awesome. Not perfect but awesome. Huge and well shaped wake, good instrumentation, very plush and well built. This is not my first boat. I have had two bu wake setters, two sangers, a MC X2 and a Tige (it was 11 years ago so don't ask. Bad)
For the money, quality, wake, pure vert system and plushness you couldn't ask for more. The zero off is great. Is it perfect? No but no boat is. Just wish I had the MB trailer not a cheaper one and I would say close to perfect for me and my family. Anyway Nick if I were you I would lay low for awhile. You are becoming notorious for your arrogance and hating. Anyway Happy Holidays to all my fellow WW members!
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
No hating here. Sincerely meant that when I said I wished I had taken a closer look at MB. I will say this...no other manufacturer has a more loyal following.
Old    Nick911            11-25-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Ohh yes, I'll post pics of my boat on MC Teamtalk when I get it in spring.
I'm 28. My X25 will be my first V-Drive. I also have many leather-bound books.
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-25-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
Nick
You just can't help yourself can you? Come back when you turn 18 and show us your Daddy's boat. You really don't get it do you? Maybe you have terresttes.

Last edited by wakintime; 11-25-2011 at 5:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-25-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
Oh one more think I don't like is where they hVe the gas tank. It is a bad place to put it especially trying to fiill it up on the trailer. It's fine if you keep your boat on the water. Now there is a negative.
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-25-2011, 5:18 PM Reply   
Is there some unknown set of criteria you are using to prove your reasoning?

well, let me think before I type......I have a 2005 VLX and the nautique wakeboard wake is better than mine, I would not get an Axis, I, like some others, thought this was a dumb review for MB! Every review says their boats wake is the best, this is a bunch of BS, just like every review says their wakeboard has the greatest pop. Tell us which wakes are better and which ones are worse(in your opinion) we are not going out and buying it based on one review, but I do value peoples opinions here and would put it on the short list if someone here said it was the best wake out there.

Holds, my comment was not dumb, it was one of ignorance, I know nothing about MB or Mastercraft, as a matter of fact, If I did know anything about MB, good or bad, I would not have made any comment whatsoever. If you say the wake is better than nautique, then you are saying that MB leads the industry with their wake, I don't believe it but definitely would hit it before I bought another boat.
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-25-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
Joeshome,
I don't know if you are addressing me but I never said my MB has the best wake or anything else. Nor have I said your are comment was dumb. Heck I never said it was better than natiques's. I think natiques's are great boats and great wakes. Right now MB is the best boat for me and family and friends.
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-25-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
@Jo, your comment wasn't what set me off, and the end of my address to you was a bit harsh, so my bad. I have a personal preference of a smooth, poppy wake with a long transition and a rampy shape. and the MB is like that, which to me makes it better than a Nautique. I did my best to explain what the wake was like so that people know what to expect from it. As for what is best, that is always up to personal opinion. Same for boards, I ride a Humanoid because it's a great board that others may love, like me, and others will hate. When it comes to wake, nothing will be better for my riding than an X-Star loaded up with stock plus 1800+ pounds. Like I said before, personal opinion is what runs our industry and is why there are so many brands out there to offer something to appeal to a different group of people.
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-26-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Wow, sorry you had to go through that Adam. FYI , I invited Adam and his ride buddy out because... 1) they shred and go huge ...2) they have never even seen a MB. Did I ask him to write a review on the boat / wake...NO. IMO Adam just wanted to share and let other east coasters know that the brand is available and worth looking into and I thank him for his effort and time. With that said in 2011, Nelem's Marine in Dothan AL, myself in Orlando FL, Performance WaterSports in Johnson City TN all became MB dealers on the east coast, I believe that Aqua joined in 09 or 10, they are in Fenton MI. Truth be told, Adam and his buddy got a hellofa deal with another brand and are getting a 2012 from them, not MB. Happy Holidays !
Old    Traver (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-26-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Hi All, I have a 2011 21' Tomcat and I love it. It is a great boat and it works well for what I want to do. I love how the ballast system works. I spent months looking for the right boat (and one that fit the budget). The only way to buy a boat is to determine the must have options (within the budget), water test it and if fits all of the must have needs, I say buy it. I have no buyers remorse with my boat and if you can or cannot say that about your boat will let you know if you have made the right decision.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-26-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
Shmoe, it was me who questioned your initial input with "probably." Your follow on was more to the point, and I appreciate your honesty. To say you have no experience with MB is credible. To say the Nautique wakeboard wake is better than your VLX is only applicable as far as your opinion. But to go and later comment that Nautique leads the industry with their wake, takes you back to merely your opinion, which has no empirical evidence for such a statement. That's the point with the message board. Don't get caught up with everyone saying "theirs" is the best whatever. By necessity you need to place into that statement, the context, "in my opinion," as that is what everyone is meaning anyway. We are all subjective in our descriptions of whatever we are talking about here. The OP was merely an expression of his opinion.

If you want to always qualify your inputs with the "non-silent" "in my opinion," I will respect that, but if you, or anyone else for that matter, forgets to include that qualifying statement, I won't deem their input unworthy for consideration.

I for one appreciate all the input strings, on all makes, both positive, and negative. As an admitted MB owner, I will gladly hold to my opinion that MB's are a great boat and will compare with anything out there in the marketplace, in all facets of their usefulness,. And I invite any and all prospective buyers, riders, or users, to "decide for themselves," after good research, and investigation, and hopefully a qualified demo ride.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-26-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Actually Shmoe, I guess I need to redact some of my last post, and ask the question, "Are you implying that the Nautique wake leads the industry?" You indicated that to say that MB was the best would infer that their wake is better than Nautique, and also by inference then, that Nautique must be the industry leader. If that was not your intent, my apologies.
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-26-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
B, have you hit the wake of a Nautique? Nautique does lead the industry, in my opinion. Adam said the MB wake was better than Nautique, and then I said wow! then MB must be the best wake out there(I have no experience with MB, just going with what people say)
Old    B (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Thanks Holdsworth and Shawndog for the review. I can tell you I like their boats, I just don' t like their graphics. I do like the simple dash look over the touch screen stuff that is coming out now. As far as the wake, it looks great every time I see one pass by me at the lake. As far as which wake is better over other brands it is all opinions. I will look at MB closer next time I am in the market.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-26-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
All of this puffing about MB does get a little old . Seems like every boat thread comes back to a MB vs CC or BU or MC. I live in GA the closest MB dealer is 220 miles away. They are never at any boat show I have attended. I hope to see one someday and see if they live up to all the hype.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-26-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Does anybody have pics of the F21 wake
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-27-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
I'll see what pics my buddy's girlfriend got. I just remembered that she had her camera on the boat.
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-27-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
All of this puffing about MB does get a little old . Seems like every boat thread comes back to a MB vs CC or BU or MC. I live in GA the closest MB dealer is 220 miles away. They are never at any boat show I have attended. I hope to see one someday and see if they live up to all the hype.
I am scheduled to attend the Jacksonville FL show mid Jan. (have not recieved confirmation) and will defiantly be at the Orlando show end of Jan. Nelems will be at Birmingham AL and possibly Atlanta.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-27-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
Bama show is 230 miles Orlando is 400 plus but I will be at the Atlanta show . I hope you can make it I would love to see one.
Old    Adam R (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2011, 6:03 AM Reply   
I want to add my praise for MB boats and Drew @ Surf Fresh. Drew was kind enough to take me out for a demo of the F21 Tomcat in October. This was my first time in or around a MB product and I was very impressed! The wake was fantastic and more than I will ever need. In fact, I found that the ballast half full with two people in the boat was just about perfect for me. Completely full it's huge! As a reference, I have ridden behind loaded XStars, X2, X25, Nautique 230, Supra 21V among others. I'm not saying that the MB was the best/biggest wake of the boats I have ridden because thats simply personal opinon. However, it is definately in the same league as the boats mentioned above. Honestly, if we were not planning on having another kid next year I would probably have an MB at my house.
Old    MChase            11-28-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine has a F21 and I have spent some time on it. The wake is first class, in my opinion better than my 230. The surf wake is also excellent, producing a long deep pocket, and I love how he can fill his massive stock ballast in just 60 seconds. The graphics and styling are also excellent and quality rivals if not exceeds anything from CC, MC, Bu, etc. I also can't believe how little he paid for the boat. I also like the standard gauges and switches. I don't trust touch screens and feel they only lead to more problems down the road. He has nothing but good things to say about his local dealer. I would lose a ton of money on my 230 now to trade it as I bought it new last year however in a couple years I'll definitely be looking at a MB !
Old    Jason Buffalow (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-28-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
There is no one that works for MB that is on this site other than me. It's not like Dave Williams is in a MB and doing stories about them, right? I work with MB and handle the Photography and some other things for them. I am not a paid employee. They run a fantastic business and really take care of their people and their customers. They have a clear vision of what their business is to be and they stick to it. If a guy wants to give a opinion good or bad, it's not like we jump on here and tell him he is wrong or right. I am on here every day and always watching out for input. Like ShawnDog's input above. I want to research that a bit. Not sure I can do anything about it, but I want to check it out for myself.

One great thing about MB, is you can pick up the phone and call the Owner any day. If you can't get him you can get his son or wife. As a small business owner, I appreciate that level of service.

Nick911 - Would love to have you actually spend time in our boats so you could have an honest opinion of how our boats are made. I think it is funny MB makes 250-300 boats a year and people talk smack about little things, yet the peopel that own them love them. The other boat companies makes thousands of boats and they are rarely criticized. Seems odd.
Old    Hate2party (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-28-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Does anybody have pics of the F21 wake
are you still riding?

you can't be!?!?!

You ever make it out west? Let me know if you ever need a pull.
Old    Nick911            11-28-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
There is no one that works for MB that is on this site other than me. It's not like Dave Williams is in a MB and doing stories about them, right? I work with MB and handle the Photography and some other things for them. I am not a paid employee. They run a fantastic business and really take care of their people and their customers. They have a clear vision of what their business is to be and they stick to it. If a guy wants to give a opinion good or bad, it's not like we jump on here and tell him he is wrong or right. I am on here every day and always watching out for input. Like ShawnDog's input above. I want to research that a bit. Not sure I can do anything about it, but I want to check it out for myself.

One great thing about MB, is you can pick up the phone and call the Owner any day. If you can't get him you can get his son or wife. As a small business owner, I appreciate that level of service.

Nick911 - Would love to have you actually spend time in our boats so you could have an honest opinion of how our boats are made. I think it is funny MB makes 250-300 boats a year and people talk smack about little things, yet the peopel that own them love them. The other boat companies makes thousands of boats and they are rarely criticized. Seems odd.
MB criticized here? Ya right. All you read about is how great they are.
There are a disproportionate amount of glorifying reviews on this forum for MB boats. Find me one guy that randomly demo'ed a X25 and loved it to the extent that he came on here and wrote a review.

I've already contended that I'll have a look at MB next time, would love to have a world-class tow boat and save 20K in the process.

And I bet XStarRider can't wait to comment on this and "own" me again.
Old    Jeff Moore (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-28-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
"Find me one guy that randomly demo'ed a X25 and loved it to the extent that he came on here and wrote a review."

Maybe because the X25 isn't that good of a boat?
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-28-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
Or maybe because the X25 is so expensive and this site is frequented by wakeboarders, not rich dad's (well ok there are some rich dads here). The X25 i saw at Mastercraft demo days was $102k! Thats not the boat priced for your average wakeboarder.

I think that is why MB's are praised here so much, they aren't priced as rediculous as the others.
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-28-2011, 9:01 AM Reply   
Here are a couple wakesurf wake pics taken last week in Cali on a brand new first time out of the box 2012 B52 23V with a plug n play with 2 min dail in period, we stoped dialing after I put the trim on 1/4. I caught some grief on the wakesurf forum for saying but do truly believe that the combo of long and high is hard to beat, I never said BEST, I said IMO as good or better, any ho...it's all good ! The last goofy pic is not the one I thought it was (edit)
Attached Images
   

Last edited by surffresh; 11-28-2011 at 9:04 AM.
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-28-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
MB criticized here? Ya right. All you read about is how great they are.
There are a disproportionate amount of glorifying reviews on this forum for MB boats. Find me one guy that randomly demo'ed a X25 and loved it to the extent that he came on here and wrote a review.

I've already contended that I'll have a look at MB next time, would love to have a world-class tow boat and save 20K in the process.

And I bet XStarRider can't wait to comment on this and "own" me again.
that's because the Mastercraft X25 is overpriced by 50%, has an ugly as sin tower, has terribly tacky interior with millions of stupid stiches/dimaonds, has tons of fancy electronics that belong in a climate controlled area, has stupid transformer looking dash/helm, passenger dash/glovebox and switches and most importantly - has owners like you who went out and purchased the boat because it was a $100k dickswinger and they thought their e-reputation would be improved on wakeworld..

Turns out - you should have bought the MB..

The only thing that is dope about the X25 is the wake.. Sorry you overpaid for yours, ducky.
Attached Images
 
Old    Adam R (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
I love the X25 for its wake all the interior space. It is my favorite wake of any boat I've been behind including the Xstar. I loved the CSX220 as well but its the same hull as the X25. I dont like all the electronic gadgets, tower or the $20-25,000 extra it takes to buy one over the MB.
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-28-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sounds like jeff is pretty pissed that he doesn't have the opportunity to spend a summer in a 25. You may call it overpriced and your opinion may determine that it's ugly, but it's stock wake is fantastic, it has a ton of room, and offers a ton of interior space for you and your crew to spread out. Also, the 25 shouldn't run you 100k unless you have stubborn dealer or get some ridiculous options.
Old    Nick911            11-28-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
that's because the Mastercraft X25 is overpriced by 50%, has an ugly as sin tower, has terribly tacky interior with millions of stupid stiches/dimaonds, has tons of fancy electronics that belong in a climate controlled area, has stupid transformer looking dash/helm, passenger dash/glovebox and switches and most importantly - has owners like you who went out and purchased the boat because it was a $100k dickswinger and they thought their e-reputation would be improved on wakeworld..

Turns out - you should have bought the MB..

The only thing that is dope about the X25 is the wake.. Sorry you overpaid for yours, ducky.
"When you're blessed, the haters come out."

Or,

"Never hate those who are jealous of you but respect their jealousy because they are the ones who think you are better than them."



Thanks for coming out....ducky....funny you should call me that, because in life, some of us are the top ducks, and some aren't. Enjoy your MB.
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-28-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
Nick911,
You are really delusional dude! Wow. You just don' t know when to quit. I thought you had but no. Please post a picture of daddy's boat when you get it. MC are great boat as are half a dozen others. Because something's cost more doesn't make it better. Talk about haters that is YOU. You have no credibility on this forum. Just sayin Ducky!
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-28-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Its crazy how much bi-polar spew comes from Nick911. Its as if he is in a dizzy free fall within the hole in his wallet.
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-28-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
Sounds like jeff is pretty pissed that he doesn't have the opportunity to spend a summer in a 25. You may call it overpriced and your opinion may determine that it's ugly, but it's stock wake is fantastic, it has a ton of room, and offers a ton of interior space for you and your crew to spread out. Also, the 25 shouldn't run you 100k unless you have stubborn dealer or get some ridiculous options.
lol @ pissed.

yeah dude - super bummed I didn't drop $100k on a riced out boat with a nice wake.. bwuahahaha
Old    PLR (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
I hate it when threads end up like this. Owner of "big 3" acts like an a$$ and then we get a blanket statement of " and most importantly - has owners like you who went out and purchased the boat because it was a $100k dickswinger and they thought their e-reputation would be improved on wakeworld." nobody wins.

holdsworth: I am happy you posted a review on here. I am happy when anybody posts a review on here. If I don't like the thread I am reading on this free website, I just move on to the next thread, it doesn't cost me anything and I try not to ruin anyone else's fun. I tried to look at an MB before I bought my boat (which is an MC X15, it was the best deal I could make) because I like the idea of some of the features you posted. There are not any in the Chicagoland market though, and no dealers. Maybe next time I am in the market, there will be more around here. I would likely (and did before I bought the X15) check out every other brand I can as well.
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-28-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
I hate it when threads end up like this. Owner of "big 3" acts like an a$$ and then we get a blanket statement of " and most importantly - has owners like you who went out and purchased the boat because it was a $100k dickswinger and they thought their e-reputation would be improved on wakeworld." nobody wins.

holdsworth: I am happy you posted a review on here. I am happy when anybody posts a review on here. If I don't like the thread I am reading on this free website, I just move on to the next thread, it doesn't cost me anything and I try not to ruin anyone else's fun. I tried to look at an MB before I bought my boat (which is an MC X15, it was the best deal I could make) because I like the idea of some of the features you posted. There are not any in the Chicagoland market though, and no dealers. Maybe next time I am in the market, there will be more around here. I would likely (and did before I bought the X15) check out every other brand I can as well.
all of this.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-28-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
Jesus guys. They are BOATS! If you guys put as much effort into world economics as you do this boating forum, I think we could solve the worlds problems.
Old    Jason Buffalow (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-28-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Kind of funny that your hardly ever see and MB owner trashing the other brands. You never hear MB employees say boo about the other boat companies. We make the best boats we can regardless of what the others are doing. We pay attention, but why talk smack. We make a small portion of the boats they make. We generally sell out almost every year. We focus on building quality boats at a great value and making our boats better each year. Nick911 can stir up trouble, but it really does not matter or change what we are doing, in fact it is quite entertaining.
Old    D.F.T.R. Josh (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-28-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
Alright getting back on track... The wake is LEGIT (Sorry only pic I have at work!)
Attached Images
 
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-28-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
OK MC is done time to move on to CC or BU. Oh wait a minute MB owners don't trash other boat brands????
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-28-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
Does MB have an owners forum? if not that is probably the reason you see so much talk about them here. Most of the major brands have their own owner's forum. I think this is why you see wakeworld's activity severly slowing down in the last couple of years. I also think that is why you see certain brands represented better on here. Traffic here seems to be slowing down as more people are using their brand specifc boards. It makes sense some but I think a lot of it is so they don't get butt hurt on here and so they can sniff their own farts.

Either way, why does it matter if someone posts a review on a boat. Wouldn't you want people to post a review on any boat? I actually agree with someone who said the reason you see them talked about more on here is because they are a rider's boat whereas the others(big 3, especially MC) are turning into crazy expensive runabouts bought mostly by rich dad's who want to make their kids happy. They aren't the type to frequent an enthusiast's website.
Old    Tuneman (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-28-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
What's brown and sticky?



A stick
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-28-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Does MB have an owners forum? if not that is probably the reason you see so much talk about them here.
Yes, we have our own forum. Ian from OIB is the owner/admin.

http://www.mbboatowners.com

However, I have noticed that it has been down for a few days. Not sure why. But it's a great forum, and a growing community. Like most owner forums, it is a lot more tame than WakeWorld.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-28-2011, 4:00 PM Reply   
MB is showing up at WW in high volume because the word is out and the snowball is building.

MC fanboys appear to be the most defensive because of the price/performance differential.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-28-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
"When you're blessed, the haters come out."

Or,

"Never hate those who are jealous of you but respect their jealousy because they are the ones who think you are better than them."


top ducks? blessed?
hope your power tower isn't DOA like a bunch of others #winning.
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-28-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
Nick911, quit climbing your imaginary ladder. I'm pretty sure I can up you in a ton of categories. So just stop acting important.
Old    Dave Diaz (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-28-2011, 9:18 PM Reply   
OK, not hating on any brand, but I'm sure any pro rider can throw down behind any wake. Including a bayliner (weighted of course). We all have our preferences to what we like and what we can justify spending our money on. I've ridden behind several brands over the years, and I really liked the VLX, for not only wake, but also for the other features, style, etc. I'm far from a pro rider, but I like to ride and have fun. Lets face it, we don't buy our boats on wake alone, for some its a status symbol. Having an expensive boat does not make you a better rider, or better than anyone else. I'm one of the few people on this earth lucky enough to be able to own a boat, and I'm grateful. Remember when all this was about promoting the sport, not bashing others for their opinions and likes? Perhaps those days are gone, but I can hope.

And in closing.....Nick, quit hating on people and bragging about something your "going to own". A lot can happen between now and spring. If you are in a position to get the boat you want, be grateful and humble. Goes a lot farther.....
Old    Jeff Moore (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2011, 7:57 AM Reply   
"for some its a status symbol"

I'd say close 70% of MC purchases fall into this class.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
Nick911's quote from that MB vs MC thread...

Quote:
MB is not a boat one strives to own
Note his word choice of "strive".

I did not have to strive to own any aboat. I simply test rode the boats I wanted to consider and bought the one I liked best. No striving was required.
Old    Mik (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-29-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
Indulge me for a moment. What model year did MB turn the corner and start producing a boat someone in the used market should consider?
Old    Bryce (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-29-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
First off... I will apoligize for not having anything negative to say about MB.

But I had the pleasure to demo a 2012 B52 and hang out on the same boat for a full day on another occasion. AND I have nothing negative to say about them.

Once again... sorry that i dont have any negative comments.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-29-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I do find it interesing that in most MB threads on ww, there is at least one post in which some MB owner/fan goes out of his way to bash Axis. I understand the desire to distance MB from the historic view that it is a budget friendly brand, and the desire the place MB up there with BU, MC and CC, but there's a lot of bashing of other brands coming from the MB side of the table too.

Case in point:
Quote:
I compared to the Axis because it was/is a boat I wouldn't keep if it was given to me

Last edited by chattwake; 11-29-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-29-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
Indulge me for a moment. What model year did MB turn the corner and start producing a boat someone in the used market should consider?
I could be wrong and someone please correct me if I am but I want to say that 08 or so was the first year of the 21' TWB and 21' Tomcat. These are both pretty similar to the current 21' boats. The 23 TWB started in 2010 or 2011 I think. You could probably go a little older(07 I think) on the 23' tomcat. I just don't like it as much but I think it has a similar hull to the other newer MB's.
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
The F23 is getting a refresh now. And, it looks like it may be called the F24.
Old    Adam Holdsworth (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-29-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
@Chattwake, it's nothing to be part of the norm (apparently) of bashing Axis, but that's what I have been behind down here in Florida for the last year and I absoluely despise the boats. Just some stupid, small problems with it, some design flaws and configurations that make it look and function completely cheap, and they really grew on me because it was things used/seen/encountered every time we took the boat out. Never would I own one.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
09 is when the 21 Tomcat came out and the 23 TWB was '11. The B52V23 and B52V are very good boats as well. The 08 and up 23 Tomcats are good too (just make sure they have gravity ballast as some early 08's did not have them).

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:03 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us