Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
Well I finally did it. Dennis let me demo his lead (600#) but I still needed the 750 on the seat so I found 1,100 # of used buck shot bagged it into 50 # bags (Lowe's had the bags on clearance for $ 3.00) 22 bags. Cant wait until Thursday to see the results and free up the seat to be used for the comfy ballast.
Attached Images

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
How much did the used buck shot cost you?

I've been meaning to go to a local shooting range and see if I can convince them to give me some... not sure what to expect.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-03-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
I am proud of you. This will make riding with the Black and Blue Crew more special than it was before.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-03-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
I can understand having 300-400lbs of lead, but I am not quite sure I would want to run around the lake with 1,100lbs of lead in my boat all of the time. Why didn't you try adding a custom Fly High sac. This one is a little pricey, but could not have been much more than 1,100lbs of lead.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1813

Either way, hope the wave turns out great!
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-03-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
We dont need to drive to our riding spot - Launch - fill up the built in ballast - ride.

I was leaning toward the big sac but I would need 2 (on the chance someone wanted to ride on the other side) and I have invested in the 750s for the trunks already and the lead was cheep $ 200 + 70 for the bags and like Dennis said to change sides just get the chain gang going.

I only tow 10 miles to the lake and plan on transporting the lead in the truck bed.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-07-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Well did you test it out in Thursday?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-07-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Can you tell me what the name and stock number was from Lowes regarding the duffle bags and which section of the store they were in? Were they in the tool section?
Thanks
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-08-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
I could not find the # but they were in the tool section and come in a 2 pack. I think one is a 12" and one a 14" $ 6.00 for the pair. Home Depot had some but they were orange and yellow and had a price of $ 7.99 for the pair.