Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Well, my family has officially stepped into the legit wakesurfing world. We got ourselves a brand new Sanger V237.

After a flight down to California, this blue monster is only a 22 hour drive away from being dipped into her new home... It's gonna be a long ride.Upload

Hopefully now I can let my shredstixx see some air!
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat, contrats.

T
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-16-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
Congrats on the boat. I picked that boat up at the factory and dipped it in the water first. You will love that boat. I'm pretty sure that it is a one of a kind with the cutoff swim deck and one of two with the twin wakeplates.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-17-2009, 12:39 AM Reply   
Y, I remember that boat. It is the boat I took pictures of last year, and helped me work out how I was going to do my aluminum surf deck. Nice boat. Made a very nice surf wake on both sides.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-17-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat. Enjoy.

I love the sangers, too bad they are not in my area.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-17-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Very nice but the 22 hour drive is not-wow! Please post pics of the surf wake when you can.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-17-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Good to hear you finally got a sanger. Walker board next?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
I'll only get to use the boat for a day or two, before I go away for 3 weeks. Heartbreaking.

When I get back, i'll be getting on the water with a Walker for sure.

Gotta say thanks to Dennis. Without him my family would never have found this boat, let alone get into a Sanger.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-17-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
What kind of ballast does a boat like that have? How's the surf wave?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
It comes installed with 600lbs hard tanks in the rear lockers, but I'm not sure of the capacity of the front ballast.

I'm going to be taking out the hard tanks and putting in custom sized bags to get 1100lbs in the rear lockers. The surf wave this boat makes is great on both sides with the same weight.

I haven't really seen what this exact boat can do, I only surfed behind an '08 (same hull but without the extra trim tabs and cut down swim deck), but I'm expecting it to be better than my previous experience.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-17-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Sweet, can't wait to see pics! Congrats and that is a sweet looking boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-17-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
This video was done behind that boat. Keep in mind, conditions were a bit blown out. This requires quicktime.

http://gallery.me.com/ragboy#100353
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
That wouldn't happen to be the 237 from Suncountry marine in Castaic would it??? I was there getting my boat serviced (pics of new ride coming soon) and saw them rolling it out of the showroom and putting it on a trailer. If it is that is a super sick boat!!!! I just wish I had the coin to buy it over my v215.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
That's the one, they were taking her out so we could put it into lake Castaic. Pictures don't really do the boat justice, gotta see it in the sun.
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I hope they detailed it well for you because I was drooling all over it last week
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-17-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
LOL, thats funny.

I actually serously considered that very sanger or one like it, after the castaic contest. I would say this boat is what put us on our "quest" more than anything else. But it also showed me that the only problem with my boat, was the deck. So I did that over the winter, and fell back in love with my boat.

It definitely threw a great wake on both sides, as the video shows.