Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Would it be reasonable to just swap out the Kicker 300.4 with a kicker 800.4, or is there more to this than I think?
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Help
Old    tclagggym            06-20-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
Matt, we need more info on what you are running for speakers. I have a SAN03 and I to am upgrading the kicker system. I am adding a 12"diamond sub w\kicker 600.1 amp and upgrading to a 600.4 or 800.4 to run the present speakers plus my new boss 530 cans w\ alpine speakers in them.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-21-2003, 4:39 AM Reply   
I just want to run the stock kicker system with a biger amp.
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Matt, you probably want to upgrade to a 5 channel amp. You can get the Kicker 700.5 for like 300 bucks on ebay. With a 5 channel amp you have a dedicated sub channel and so you can use the other 4 channels for the boat speakers. It should sound better.
Old    tclagggym            06-21-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
Matt,if you have the 6 kicker speakers and the 10" sub. The front 2 speakers are running off the deck and the 4 in back and the sub are on the amp now. The sub is not even in a box under there. You would be better off spending your money on a boxed sub.

Old    beth            06-21-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
I probably will upgrade the sub sometime, but i'm not that worried about base. i just want to get real clean high's, I was planning on just leaving the two front's on the deck and runing the 4 backs on 2 channel's and the sub on the other 2(just like the stock system but with a biger amp, i'm planing on adding tower speakers some time. I realy don't want to go overboard on the system just needs to sound a little cleaner. I'm not planing on going over 2 amps i'll probably run the tower off the kicker 800.2

xxlair i looked at the 700.5 but don't want to waste a set of rca jacks on the sub. i'll probably just swap the 300.4 with the 800.4 Inless someone thinks i won't get what i'm looking for out of the upgrade (clean high's)
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-21-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
I probably will upgrade the sub sometime, but i'm not that worried about base. i just want to get real clean high's, I was planning on just leaving the two front's on the deck and runing the 4 backs on 2 channel's and the sub on the other 2(just like the stock system but with a biger amp, i'm planing on adding tower speakers some time. I realy don't want to go overboard on the system just needs to sound a little cleaner. I'm not planing on going over 2 amps i'll probably run the tower off the kicker 800.2

xxlair i looked at the 700.5 but don't want to waste a set of rca jacks on the sub. i'll probably just swap the 300.4 with the 800.4 Inless someone thinks i won't get what i'm looking for out of the upgrade (clean high's)
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-23-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
tim how are you wiring your front speakers are you leaving them on the deck? also can you add a Y to the rca jacks or is that a no no.
Old    tclagggym            06-23-2003, 2:14 PM Reply   
Leave them on the front, you don't really hear them from the back anyway. If your running two amps using a y is the way to go.
Old    xtigeman            06-23-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
Very easy.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-23-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help.
I'm trying to plan this as much as possible so I don't end up with a bunch of junk.

As long as every one doesn’t think I’ll destroy the stock kicker system with an 800.4 I’m going to snag one off e-bay.

Next is the tower system, what are the best deals on tower speakers that sound good and what should I amplify them with? Should I use the kicker 300.4 that I’m replacing or should I toss it in my car and run a bigger amp for the tower. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are there any tower wiring kits available for a super clean install if not how has everyone been doing it.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-23-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
dose anyone know the ohms, and how the stock speakers are wired.