Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    bob_dallas            06-19-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
I just bought a 1981 Barefoot Nautique from a friend. I had a tower built for it and am now trying to figure out the best answer for ballast. Where's the best place to put it? It has a home built seat in the back with a lift top on it for a ballast sac but I'm wondering if that will weight the back too much - maybe I should put a couple of sacs next to the engine? I've heard you can get pretty good wakes out of these boats if you load them "right".

My other question is whether anyone has a good source for seats that will work in this boat. The boat is in great shape overall but the seats were recovered pretty poorly - I'm trying to decide if I want to have them recovered or find newer (more comfortable) seats.

TIA /Bob
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
For new seats you can contact Correct Craft.. They can hook you up to something good. It's also an idea to drive to your local refurnisher (if I spell it correct) and do something you like...

About the weight. We put pretty much weight in front... About 400lbs in the nose and 2x250 at the side of the engine.. Our wake is clean, steap and BIG... I compared it to some other new boats (pro Air, Tige) and found our bigger and steaper and harder... The only drawback is that the wake is only clean above 21mph at 65f... So for wakeskating it's not that perfect..

Tommy
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
A barefooter can have a big wake?
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-20-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ok, first take out the rear seat,and throw a 500lbs sac in the rear. Then throw a 500lbs sac on each side of the motor box. I run two 90lbs sand bags up front. Hope this helps out!!
Old    bob_dallas            06-20-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone - I had heard that you needed to get some weight forward in the boat or at least next to the engine so you guys confirmed that. I'll try sliding a couple of sand bags under the dash too. I appreciate the advice - I'll try it out this weekend.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2003, 12:54 AM Reply   
We have a Barefooter '88. This is in principle a Ski Nautique 2001 (the model, not the year....)... They throw a big wake Mike!

A said 65f of rope... But's this is not including the handle!