Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-18-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
I'm new to riding and I ride cable.

andddd i need some help with some stuff...

I'm trying to do a raley ryt, i can get the air, but i over rotate way to much... it turns into some sorta backroll thing :P

i have no problem with keeping my eyes open when i'm doing it and i don't chicken out at the last moment, i get really good air but maybe too much?

i don't know if it's the way i get my air but i seem to be doing it ryt...

i pull my arms close to my body but thats not what you do right? is that why? also when im getting my air i push of with my legs to get my air is that ryt?

also i need help with ramps and stuff i can get off the ramp but i cant land it to well and if i do land it the cable slacks to much and i sink...
i bend my knees when i land.

Any help would be good

Thank you for your help people
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
let your arms out further. That will slow your rotation. The closer in your arms are the faster you spin.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-20-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
whenever i do them i don't push my legs, i just let the natural extension happen. drive with your leading shoulder and keep your arms in until after the release.
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-21-2009, 2:56 AM Reply   
alright thanks ill try what you say
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
Keep your sight straight forward (something on the shore) and keep the head up (don't dive). Also - don't throw your legs too fast, do a smooth move.

P.S. Land the backroll. Get it smooth and consistent. Then you'll know how the tension on the rope is working and land the raley in no time.
Old    gnarshredd            04-23-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
sometimes one trick is easier for some people than the other. I learned cable back rolls third try, it took me a full afternoon to learn a raley. If you can't fix your rotation right away just go with it and try for the roll. Like Georgi said, just do what's natural at first and get used to line tension.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-23-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
check out this for trick tips for cable

http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/index.php?showforum=32

also a friend made this video raley tutorial its the best one Ive seen made so far, check it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEQgc72CIA
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-24-2009, 4:35 AM Reply   
thanks for the help guys ill try to either land a raley or roll this weekend when i go for a run on the cable