Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (muff)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-13-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
hey im going to texas ski ranch this weekend and i was just wondering what i should do about my fins. i have an 08 shane board with removable cupped fins, so im wonderin should i take them out or will it matter? or should i save my good board and take my old one without fins at all?
Old     (toxis)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-13-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
If you have an old board, I'd use it just so you can trash it and not tear up the good board. If you don't mind scratches on the Shane, just take the fins out and rip it...
Old     (muff)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-13-2009, 10:10 PM Reply   
yeah thats what i was thinking too. i just heard both sides from dif ppl. thanks man
Old     (toxis)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-13-2009, 11:22 PM Reply   
Rock n Roll
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-13-2009, 11:32 PM Reply   
I'm going to be there in two weeks, I have business in the area, and it will be my first experience at a cable park. It might be my only chance too unless I can convince the wife otherwise. Should I plan for the whole day or am I going to get burned out in a few hours? Any pointers for someone with some moderate skill but has never hit a slider?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-13-2009, 11:51 PM Reply   
take 'em off.
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-14-2009, 12:29 AM Reply   
I ride without.

Paul - Depends if you don't mind having a break once and a while. I get an all day pass, the time goes by pretty quickly so try an all day. maybe bring gloves aswell cuz after awhile u get a few sores here and there... just drink lots of water and you should b ok...
hope i helped
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-14-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
If you've never rode the cable chances are you will be pretty cooked after two hours, but it depends on what time of day you are there and the weather. If its busy (say 4:00 on a sunny afternoon) than it will be busy and you will end up standing around. Get there earlier in the day and avoid any lines.
Old     (hyperlitejohn90)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-14-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
I don't know what your schedule is for the day you plan on being there, but I have always found it to be at my advantage to get there early, buy and all day pass, and ride 4 or 5 laps then take a break. Seems to help on the sore hands too like Conar was mentioning. If you stick with not riding a ton of laps then the hands treat you well. Good luck and don't get to frustrated. Im a pretty good wakeboarder, but the first time i tried cable it was much harder than anticipated so dont give up man!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-14-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
So would one who does rails and airs get a molded fin board rather than a flex board like a Slingshot because you have to take the Slingshot fins off?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
slingshot fins arn't metal so you can use them and even without fins can do airtricks just fine and rails better...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-14-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
That's why I like the Motive. The molded fins grip well for edging on air tricks, break lose easily for surface rotation, and don't snag on the sliders. Plus the fins hold up well.