Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-25-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
I have an 06 Malibu V-ride, anyone came up with any sweet way to install a bow ballast tank that will fit under the seats?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-25-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Integrated bow sack fits nicely and seems to be the best option so far.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-25-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Where do you pick up that bow sack? How many lbs?
Old     (redvlx)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-25-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
There's not much room under the seats in the bow your boat (I have the same hull as your boat with my '01 vlx). I just threw in a couple of 80lb. sand bags under the seats and it helped out a lot. And you dont notice them much when the boat is unloaded unless you got a couple of people riding in the front and no one in the back.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Throw in lead weight. My friend has a super air that has a couple of 100 lb lead bricks up front. Best part is that you can take one out, and then move it around the boat to balance out the weight.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
I have the integrated bow sack and it works well. Obviously, the best wake comes from loading up the front. Only bummer is the fact that you have to fill and empty the sack manually. Not to jack the thread, but has anyone come up with a way of plumbing the integrated sack in?
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-25-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
I had mine plumbed in...04 VLX. Without a lot of detail, I filled the left rear first, then placed a "t" in the drain port with a pump on each end. One pump still drained the rear tank and the other pump was used to fill the bow bag (routed hose to the front). A check valve on the output side of each pump and all was good. Added 2 thru-hulls and a drain pump/vents. All pumps wired individually. Got me about 215-220 lbs up front all filled/drained from the driver's seat.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-26-2009, 6:22 AM Reply   
I have an access hole in the middle of my vride. I put a pump in that area and ran a hose through the stringer to the bow area. I did have to drill a hole, in the side of the boat, to empty the sack, but is was easy.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
I used two Fly High side sacs, one under each seat. I installed a pump at the center drain hole and ran the hose along the drivers side all the way to the front. I vented the line at the bildge drain with a check valve. At the very front, I tee'd the two bags together.

For draining, I put the pump at the very front, tee'd it off and ran 3/4" tubing into each bag, and all the way to the back of the bag(so it could drain fully when the bow was up). I used an existing hole on the drivers side at the rear of the boat.

By using two seperate bags, I had room for my pump under the front little seat, along with a spot for an anchor.

I cut out plastic panels that fit under the seats, between the seat frame and bags. This kept the bags from pushing up the seats.

Sorry, no pics.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. All great ideas. Looks like I've got a new project coming my way!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-26-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
I have had customers use both the fly high integrated bow sac and the fly high side sacs with about the same results in the v ride bow. If I come across any of the pics I will post them. That said I like the integrated bow sac myself. It should be a fairly easy and pain free install. Have fun with the project.
Thanks,
Spencer
spencer@wakemakers.com