Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hello, I'm looking at adding some LEDs to my boat this spring, and want to swap out the courtesy lights to blue LEDs. My question is, are there led(s) in the existing light that can be removed and a new blue led(s) put in.

If so, how do you get the thing off? I've pulled the carpet back, and see it is held in by screws, but i can get the chrome piece off the front and I'm afraid ill break it if i try to hard the wrong way. What has everyone else done with those courtesy lights? Is there a replacement that covers the entire hole?

The lights might be the same ones used in Supras as well, but not for sure

Thanks
Brian
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-19-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
I know in my 06 malibu these lights are a direct fit. Just undo two srews remove the housing and put these lights in!

http://www.boogey.com/TNTSeries.htm
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
they are a sealed unit, they are already led's though, just might not be the color you like.....
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Sorry, I thought I had Moomba in the title, my boat is the 08 Moomba LSV
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-19-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Stop jacking around with speaker cans and LED's and get that ballast upgraded!!!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-19-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Brian,

We make acrylic adapters that house new step lights in any color, which by the way are made in China!

Stop by and check them out.

David E.M.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
your right Jarret, speakers and leds wont do me much good when I'm behind the boat riding, I need to get my ducks in a line.