Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (jhampton)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
My buddy blew out his ear drum saturday morning and the doc said that he has to keep it dry until it heals (2-3 weeks).

If he wants to keep riding before it heals, he has to get a plug that will keep his ears from getting wet.

What kind of plugs have you guys used to keep your ears from getting wet?
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-03-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
i have doc pro plugs http://www.proplugs.com/

i have major issues with ear infections and right now i have a hole in my right ear... but this summer no problems at all useing them
Old    alanp            08-03-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
yep docs are the ones to get
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-03-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
the docs plugs are good once the ear is healed, for prevention, but i found I got the best seal on my ear (for riding) with those silicon mouldable ones.
the docs pro plugs still let little bits of water into my ear.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-03-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
my daughter has tubes and we use these on her they work real good never a prob.
http://www.macksearplugs.com/pillow_soft_silicone_earplugs.htm
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-03-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
I used the same as crash's daughter when I had tubes in my ears and they worked good.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-04-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
go see an Audiologist. They can make a silicone impression of your ear in the office. Work very well for temporary use. For long term use they can send the impression in and get you a custom mold that will last a few years. Those molds cost a little more, probably around $100.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-04-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
I think you should tell that loser to learn how to land a W2W.