Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-06-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
i guess this should be a simple question but i just been thinking if it really matters

i have a 07 PS3, i would say i am a Beginner/Intermediate more beginner as my trick list is very small w2w and some surface tricks working on w2w grabs

i read the PS3 is more a Intermediate/Advanced would it be better to go back to a beginner/intermediate or just keep working on the PS3 as it will grow with me?
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       07-06-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
boards pretty much grow with you... usually whatever you start with is the rocker, length, weight a person likes. My first board was a shapiro pro model and it learned me from getting up all the way to tantrums until i got my new board.... I would say stick with your PS3. When it comes time to get a new board you will have such a wide variety to choose from as the PS3 runs a pretty similar rocker to a lot of other pro model boards.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would go on your feel and your consistency. If you are riding well and progressing and you have good form, then I don't know if I would change. Also, if you are comfortable and the board fits your style. There have been several boards over the years that were pro models and then the molds became beginner/intermediate level boards. The Pure, Flame, Motive, and Era (started as a former Premier I think?) come to mind. All of these were pro model boards at some point in times and then the companies tweaked them a little here and there and sold them as beginner/intermediate models.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-06-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
i feel like i hit a wall and am not improving, thats why i asked.. but i kinda felt it was more a mental block then anything else