Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    lakeside5_10            02-08-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
What type of nose rocker does everyone seem to like on a surf style board. trying to decide on a sled cut blank from WNC , i was thinking on the 5.11j
Old    surfdad            02-08-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
I like between 2.25 and 2.75 with a flat bottom and up to 3.25 with a concave. LOA in the 4.5 range.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-08-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
i saw your profile,boat,current boards..imo you should prolly use a 6'4" fish blank.it will be way faster than a 6'2"R..just wont turn as easily..to fix that go ahead and move your fins up to a more aggressive position.i have found that at least 6 inches of nose rocker will help out alot.cant give out the number for the tail because that would just be too easy.you will have to manipulate the rocker and the stringer to get that kind of rocker out of the nose.being able to do that by hand is what separates the men from the boyz.your planer is your friend in this situation.dont abandoned it for a surfform no matter what your eyes tell you.good luck
Old    surfdad            02-08-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
You have to love it when a professional shaper takes time to give input. That was generous of you, sir.
Old    lakeside5_10            02-08-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Waterdog ,
i am looking to make several styles of boards from the same blank , i look to make copy of the 5.4 fish i ride because of the massive pressure dings and a short 4.6 board and a long syle board for the big people that are starting out. i was looking at the wnc 5.11 j blank
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
that blank will be perfect for the 5'4" fish you want to make..and the 4'6" shorty will actually have a pretty aggressive rocker if you cut from the tail only.the longer board will for sure have a planted stable ride for a beginer..id call that blank a good choice.good job,good luck
Old    lakeside5_10            02-11-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for everyones input ,. just bought some 1 inch 2 lb. sheet foam 24x48 to make some small skim and punkin seed style boards.