Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (wake175m5)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
It wont be for a while but my friend is thinkin about a new boat (x-star, lsv, and the airs)....

Diferences between wakes?? anything else to consider?

Also differences between the 220 and 226?

Last, i was just on malibu's site and saw this picture. Doesnt it seem like you would want the I/O instead of a V-Drive cuz of the way it rides in teh water?
Old     (wake175m5)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
http://malibuboats.com/Default.aspx?pageID=5
Old     (wake175m5)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
...click the VDRIVE vs I/O
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Tell him he needs to test drive them. Dealers will be more then happy to let you ride behind one fore a few pulls. I prefer the X-Star to any boat. If you are on a lake that can have rough water the hull is amazing, and the wake is unreal. Why do you see every pro riding behind one in the movies?
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
the only reason the pros ride behind them is cause they ge them for free, thats why mc prices are so gnarly is cause they have to compensate for all the boats they give away. malibu on the other hand rarely gives out boats. but phillip soven brian grubb stilll ride for ethem
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-30-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Hahahah, and exactly what figures do you have to back that statement up?

BTW: Do you go to school with Colin, because it looks as if you have the same English teacher.
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
mastercraft prides themselves on thier foam filled stringers, the problem is that they lag-bolt their motor mounts where malibu's are threw bolted. another thing, mastercrafts motor mounts are imbedded in between fiberglass, anyone who has ever work with fiberglass knows metal and fiberglass do not adhere. im not saying mc's are bad boats, im just saying an lsv will kill an x-star anyday. BTW matt, i was in a rush so i didnt really pay much attention to my spelling.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-30-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
the boat companies wipe their @ss's with the money that it costs to for the boats that they give away. MC, BU, Tige, CC, you know all the big names. you can't get one of those boats for under 50 grang these days n they all sell about 4,000 of them a year. giving, say 10 boats away a year they could care less about. sorry just my 2 cents on the MC prices being so much.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-30-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Kill it how? Like if I got rammed by an LSV the motor in an X-Star is going to fly out due to inferior mounting? That must be why MC gives all them away, and Malibu is immensely more profitable. Looks like you were in a bigger hurry the second time around as well.

(Message edited by xaggie on July 30, 2007)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Here is my attempt at a non-owner goggled answer.

X-Star - Big Rampy Wake, gets bigger with weight

LSV - Nicely shaped rampy wake (true comparison should be VLX not LSV) takes weight well, handles well, goes through chop well

SAN - Steep wake that boots you up high, not quite as steep for 2007+ hull. You said "The Airs", there is a huge difference between a Air 216, Air 211, or SAN Air 210 wake, be specific or the description does not apply. My Air 211 wake is probably closer to the LSV wake than the SAN wake but smaller than both.

Because you have asked these questions I am guessing you are not a pro, not an amature competitor, I would guess you are a weekend boarder at best? If my guess is correct nearly any V-drive on the market (correctly weighted) can provide you with an adequate wake for your skill level.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-30-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
Hmmm,

Just looked at the pix in your profile, I retract that last statement. You will notice a smoother take-off and landing area on the LSV and X-Star with the absence of trough you have on your SAN, but it will be a little tougher to get as high as you do behind your SAN.

(Message edited by mikeski on July 30, 2007)
Old     (wake175m5)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
thanks for your input guys and mike you do know you have the ability to delete posts right?
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
Matt is always clownin on my spelling. Just like you 55, I'm always in a rush, on a website like this, spelling and everything doesn't really play an important rule in my view. But who am I to judge!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 11:52 PM Reply   
Mikeski: nice lookin boat, i love the neon.