Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
I have always wondered if my prop is too close to the guard on the trailer. Anyone else have their prop this close? I can just fit a finger in the space.

Upload
Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-25-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
The propguard arm appears to have a slight whoop in it in the second picture. I doubt it was designed to be that close. It's definately likely that the guard will hit the prop if you hit anything with that arm. Mine is pretty close but it's a different design that prevents it from ever hitting the prop
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
it is pretty close. thicker bunks would be an easy fix.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-25-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
You have too think, though, when your launching or pulling your boat out, and the trailer is on the ramp under water, the rear of the boat is actually floating a lot higher than it is when it's sitting on the trailer out of the water. Plus, once it's on the trailer, it's not going to sit any lower than what's in the picture...just my $.02

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were worried about it hitting when you are taking the boat on and off the trailer...

(Message edited by RyanD121 on July 25, 2007)
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-25-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
My acme 1235 on our Malibu VLX barely hits the trailer. It is not an issue getting on and off of the trailer, as the boat is never in gear when the hull is sitting all the way down on the bunks. For people who like to leave their trailer half way out of the water and drive the boat up onto the bunks, this may be a problem. We prefer to load our boat a bit more gently than that, and so far, no problems at all.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
Peter what kind of trailer do you have? I've got an extreme trailer and a 1235 prop on my VLX and I'm not even close to touching, I'd say I have at least 2" of clearance.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-26-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
it would take some serious impact to bend that cage. For everyday use, i think you're fine. the prop will hit the trailer on one of buddies boats, but we just back it in a little more.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-26-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
I had a problem with that when I first bought my boat.

Upload
Then I bought a new OJ 475 prop that was even bigger-
Upload

Since I spent so much on the prop I decided to fix it.

Upload
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-26-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
I changed to a ACME 1234 last year. i have a 1/16" clearance (maybe). Not worried as the prop shouldn't be spinning when it gets pulled out of the water. I will be placing a small space under the bunk mount soon for piece of mind.