Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
anybody ride here? pro's con's? pics?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
I just heard it was the most poluted river in washington. other than that I don't know too much about it. We always ride on the columbia when we are in eastern washington.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-26-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
Can you take a boat on the Wenatchee? I have rafted it before, I don't know about taking a boat down class 4 rapids. If you are going to Wenatchee, the Columbia is right there in the City of Wenatchee and Entiat is about 10 minutes away.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
WOW, I didn't know that was considered E.WA.

We have time share there and was thinking of trying out Levenworth for the first time. SO class 4 rapids, ok no wakeboarding in that .

Columbia is good? what advice do you have? any pics?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Kenny,

Your going to have to head further east on 2 if you want to ride. There is a launch in Wenatchee if you want to ride the Columbia.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
The Columbia is sickkk!!!! I don't really have any pictures of it but I'll link you to some video. This is mostly shot at Lake Entiat. During the weekdays its butter for miles and weekends you will always be able to find good water.

http://www.myspace.com/prejvaeh

(Message edited by shredsickgnar on June 27, 2007)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
I thought Entiat was a river?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
the columbia river sucks. don't even waste your time.

take it from me--a wenatchee native.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
The Columbia is broken up in to lakes where the river is dammed. Lake Entiat is right above the Rocky Reach Dam.
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
The Columbia river is nice but its always freezing cold when I ride it.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
yeah and lake roosevelt is above grand coulee dam. that lake totally sucks. stay away.

especially the 2nd weekend in august please.

not to be confused with the entiat river, or wenatchee river.

be sure to drive into the north end of downtown wenatchee and pick up a dusty cheesburger. awesome old school greezy mayo heart attack burger. or hit up the coffee cabin and get a chocolate covered espresso bean shake.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
nate unless it's record may/june it doesn't warm up until after the 4th.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-27-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
I'd stay away from Entiat, Pateros & Roosevelt at all costs. The water isn't worth the drive.

Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 3:37 PM Reply   
Noti where's that pic taken at?
man you guys are confusing me
So Entiat is a river that branches into lake/s, along with the Columbia are good for boarding (any known hazards) wenatchee river sucks arse.

Man I really need to learn this area...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
what are the water temps?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
above Rocky Reach Dam = Lake Entiat
they call it Lake Entiat because the Entiat River drains into the Columbia and the river is slow moving (like a lake) because of the dam.

above Grand Coulee Dam = Lake Roosevelt
not sure why they call it that, but someone's got a good reason.

i'm just giving you a heard time. wenatchee made money magazine's most appreciating housing market in the u.s. last year. kind of sucks because we wanted to buy a 2nd home there. now i'll have to look up river or farther east.

it will still be years before it ever gets too crowded, but like everything else, it will happen

my buddy was at lincoln rock state park just above rocky reach and he said water temp was ~61. it hits mid to upper 60's depending on how much water they let out, weather etc late july.

if you've never been, i highly recommend it, just don't tell anybody how much fun you had and how nice it was please.

imo, lake roosevelt is a little nicer, way bigger, sand beaches, couple marinas, etc. but it's a trek.

banks lake is a resevoir just below grand coulee. some ~50 miles of lake. water temps last year hit 72 where we were anchored. awesome. not as much butter and way more people, but there's a couple of really nice places to stay.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
wow, looking at a map its all really just the columbia river broken down by dams, and a way to locate certain areas just seems easier to name them.

Being that I will have wife,nephew(15),son(3), and daughter(9months) in tow, water temp, sandy beaches, travel time (whidbey island), and more importantly glass, butter, a-la good boarding conditions, I will be relying upon you guys for the good info. The more you can send my way the better.
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
I wish Entiat looked like that last weekend.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
Kenny,

I've got an idea... Why don't you start with this trip???

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/424998.html?1182369845

Twenty - Thirty - and Forty somethings riding - check

Content wives relaxing in a laid back environment - check

Kids in plentiful numbers playing on the lawn and in the pool all day - check

Best friggen water in all of Washington - check

Pull into town, and never have to get in your car to get anywhere until it's time to go home. - check

Relatively inexpensive ($85 a night) - check

Don't have to worry about your boat, as it's sitting right in front of you on the water. - check

I could go on, and, on and, on.

Oh well, one of these days I'll get you and Bmac to come on over.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-27-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Kenny - Your kid would be the only one at NWWF wakeboarding.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/466862.html?1182808903

I know some on here will take offense to it....but gotta give props to Kenny's boy, that is great seeing a 3 yr old so excited to wakeboard.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on June 27, 2007)
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-27-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Kenny - Just messing with ya. That pic is from Pateros last year at NWWF. You should definitely come. Not sure about your son being the only kid wakeboarding, but he WILL be the youngest. The water is like that as far as you can see in both directions.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
NWWF?
I would like to make it and will talk with the wife.. The only thing I see stopping us is when I get back 1 Aug (leaving this SAT) from the ship we will be the ready carrier and I might not be here .

how long of a trip do you think it is from whidbey island?

crazy about wakeboarding, yeah he's doing 360's on the tramp with a better handle pass than me.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-27-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
being that I am a Cali guy and my only experience so far up here on the water is lake Cambell, I/we are dying for what you are describing our "Holy Grail" of wakeboarding!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
Lake entiat on the columbia river above the rocky reach damn has everything you want. I would stay at lincln rock state park if you have youngsters. Also NWWF is always a blast. I think there might be a few kids out there giving it a go this year. 3 years old is very impressive.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-28-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
we'll make it over there one of these days for sure cliff. we're still trying to choke down the new mortgage payment.

looks like my i/o isn't going anywhere for a while. guess that's okay as i'm still really learning anyway and you can't beat the payment in february.

headed to banks lake this weekend for 4 nights. 10 adults 4 kids, 3 boats and a 5 bedroom villa. sunbanks resort rocks.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Kenny - I'm from So Cal (11yrs here) also. Nothing down there compared to what I've seen/ridden so far including Delta, Naci, Mead or even the occasional morning sets at other locations. Guess there's just less traffic on the water outside the city (when you live on/close, why travel). Hope you're finding good water up north. Try to make it to NWWF, you won't regret it.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Just got the tee times reserved for Friday. I've got room for eight golfers at 9:30, and 9:37.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
When is this NWWF that you talk about? It intrigues me.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-28-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
you got me looking forward to getting out that way..
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-28-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
it's worth the road trip kenny. you just have to be sure to make a long weekend out of it at minimum. 3+ nights is a must.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Cliff - You know I'm in. Now you have 7 spots.

Scotty - Check the Events Section for the NWWF info or go to Cliff's link towards the top of this post.

Kenny - Yahoo maps says it's 203mi from Oak Harbour if you go north and take RT 20. Not sure if that's the best way, but looks like south to Everett then HW 2is faster driving speeds. It's 190mi from my house and takes about 2 1/2hr towing.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-28-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
roughly a 3+ hour trip, so this is not something just for a day.

whats NWWF stand for?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-28-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
never mind I know what NWWF stands for...
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Hey if your bringing your boat you can come to Lake Roosevelt and camp for free! We have property in Lincoln a mile away from the boat launch and even now have our own outhouse (did you know you can buy those?)

We have sand beaches and TONS of water to ride on. It's roughly 4hrs 4.5 towing from Seattle.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
planning on bringing our boat (05 V215 Sanger).
Wife is for it See just wants to be able to find a babysitter for our little girl (9mths) as she wants to be able to have a good time, but I think I can get her to let KJ
(Kenny JR)come.

The only thing will be if
a. I am home and not deployed.
b. I am home and not have duty!
Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-29-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
Hope to see ya make it. Shoot me an email as the the date gets closer.

Nick,

I may just take you up on that offer some time this summer.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Not sure if we will be taking Nick up on his offer or staying at our timeshare at Lake Chelan.

Nick if we camp at your place can we do open fire pit?

Also for all we will have plenty of room on our boat to ride, just say'in incase you haven't ridden a Sanger or you have and love it. (Nick you have first dibbs if we crash at your place)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Noti, what happened to your profile pic? you used to have a cool one..
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Cliff, let me know, we can make it happen.

Unfortunately the fires get shut down in the summer it seems like. If there is no burn ban though then we will for sure have a fire. Even if there is a burn ban we have this totally sweet propane fire pit !
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
sweet...
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-29-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Cliff, I am down to wack a few ball with you guys. I will be headed over midweek and leaving for crescent bar fri.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Kenny and Cliff, here is a pic of what the place looks like. This was taken during the spring time, it can get hott in the summer, but it doesn't really ever matter since your out on the lake riding or sitting on a beach.

Upload