Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
I'm finally dragging myself out of the dark ages and am about to buy new setup ('05 and up I suppose).

Anyhow I've ridden the '05 Murrays and Byerlys and I like both, but it seems like 3/4 of the reviews or comments are about how easy the BOA system is to break/loose parts/F-up in general.

I've always had good luck with my HL stuff and understand they stand behind their product, but is it better just to stay away from this design in general?

I'm just asking because I don't want weeks worth of downtime with my "new" setup. Thanks, Matt
Old    bocephus            06-05-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Going on 3 years of yearly usage and no problems with my boa's although all my buddies have broken...easy fix though...
Old    alanp            06-05-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
ive seen several pair of these screw up, but they are easy to put back together. personally i would stay away from them, but im sure some people have had good luck with them
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-05-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
I've had no problems so far with mine.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Still have my Temets with no problems and now use my murrays with no problems. Love the BOA, except that it can take some time to tighten down, longer than say the Hinge Technology boots. BUT I know the extra time is best for me because the BOA gets to the right tightness.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-05-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
I love them for many reasons. One, in particular, is that you can tighten them with ONE HAND while riding. Laces need two hands.

You have to expect wear and tear on bindings, and the boa has held up to my expectations, and then some.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-05-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
I've riden with BOA's for 3 years now with relatively no problems. I just now started to have one of them start to pop out some while I am riding. I need to take them in and see if they can fix it. Other than that, the BOA has never been an issue for me.

(Message edited by eubanks01 on June 05, 2007)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I snapped two boa's on the 06'-07' murrays. However, my 04' temets (in 05' called "murray") have been going strong. I have a feeling it has to do with the stringing system on the 06-07 that makes them suck.

So..I like them, but would I reccomend them? Only if you get 05's.
Old    wakejjboard12            06-05-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
had to warranty my '06 murray's BUT the BOA wasn't the problem! i love the BOA!
Old     (hmurray)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-05-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
yeah, i have recentley bought '07 byerly.
I like the boots verry wel and the boa system is so relax to work with.,
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-05-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
the BOA takes longer to tighten...im sure with the Murrays itll be easier to take care of because the BOA is on the front
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-05-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
I have just snapped the cable on my 07 Murray's as well. It broke off at the base plate which could not be fixed and the whole boot had to be replaced.

The cable on my old Temets pulled loose a few times at the BOA - but thats easy fixed if you have the tool.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
Takes wayyyyyyyyy to long to tighten up!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-05-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
i rode boa from the first bindgins with them in 05 till now. never once had a prob. the only reason im not riding them any more is cuz they dont have em on the 3ds. i switched to those cuz i wanted to ride a stiffer binding to get more control on my roam.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
my '05 murrays are still going strong...the only minor problem i had with mine was the nob popped off once, but the boardshop sent me a new one, other than that no probs here