Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-13-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Recently bought a 2002 310 TBI Mastercraft X-star. It just turned over 300 hours so I figured I would go and replace the spark plugs. First owner told me he never changed the plugs so I figured I would check a plug and just replace it with what is in there. The plug read AC 41-932 so I went to NAPA and picked up 8 for about $60. I found a couple posts on line that say the original plug for that motor is an MR43LTS. What's the scoop? Did my boat have the wrong plugs installed from the get go? Will the AC 41-932 be OK in my boat? Obviously they have been working for the first 300 hours? Any suggestions?
Old     (boatguy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
As long as they have the same heat range and are stainless you will be ok. There are certain parts I recommend you get from your dealer or Indmar directly, the plugs being one of them! Also starter, alternator, etc.. are marine specific items and should never be replaced with your local auto parts stuff. Obviously oil, filter, belts and the sort of thing is ok but all sensors and electrical parts are a must!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-14-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
My previous boat with an Indmar came with the MR43LTS - within is a marine specific plug, I believe they are stainless to prevent rusting, my Mercruiser came with the 41-932 plug. I believe they are both platinum tip, same heat range only difference. I found the MR43LTS at a local AC Delco distributor for $6 each. NAPA and other auto parts stores will not carry the marine plug but will have the 41-932.