Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-29-2007, 3:26 AM Reply   
If I use the AUX input on an EQ such as this one, will I be able to control the volume from the head unit's remote?

http://clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/processors/EQS746/us-en-product-pf_1134643389018.html
Old    alanp            03-29-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
yeah you can. if you dont wanna use the eq to control the volume then you should set the eq to the highest volume setting you want to hear your music, then use your hu to control the volume
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
No. Because the input is entering the eq preamp not the headunits. If the head had an aux in then the preamp could control the volume of the aux source.
Old    alanp            03-29-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
i dont think im wrong here. h/u output --> to eq(aux) input --> eq output -->amp input and he can use the hu to control the volume, unless im not understanding something. in fact this is what im doing but with a line driver between the eq and amp

(Message edited by alanp on March 29, 2007)
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
If he is asking if he uses the aux input for another source other than the head unit(i pod) then the head unit will not control the volume of that source. If he is just inputing the aux with head unit output then yes it will.
Old    alanp            03-29-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
gotcha