Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-27-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has one of these or knows of someone that does?

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/#carbonMonoxide

Thinking of getting one because we do a lot of surfing and we have a lot of little kids in the boat most of the time (not that they're near the back by the transom) but we thought it's better safe than sorry. Also looking at this website got me concerned:
http://www.skiboatdeaths.com/

If anyone has any info, or if they know if it affects how the boat handles that would be great.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-27-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
There have been a few past posts about the topic. Try the search tool you will come up with some info.

Any new news on making a system for a malibu that allows the wedge to function???
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-27-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
It works great, and doesn't effect the wake or handling. I like how much quieter the boat is now.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-27-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
I just got one, can't wait to put it on.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-27-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
They just shipped the stainless one to me so I should get pics after the weekend (of the boat on the trailer, we got 4" snow today)
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       03-27-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
We love ours! No exhaust smell. The only drawback is we sometimes forget the boat is running it's so quiet!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
It's a great product. I got one last season and your boat will sound like an I/O. You can talk at a regular volume with your gang, you can hear the stereo a LOT better 80 feet back, and you won't get sick from fumes when surfing.

There is no difference with handling and it doesn't effect the wake. If you do have a teak platform, you'll need to keep an eye on it to make sure the tube straps are super tight. Teak platforms flex more that fiberglass ones.

I'll be doing an article on it at KneeboardPlanet.com within the next month. It's worth every cent.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
I just installed one and took the boat out for the first time last week. It does make the boat much quieter and I'm expecting the increased safety while wakesurfing. So far I can't see any disadvantages.
Old     (ripcurl74)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-28-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments everyone! My only other concern is that I've heard there is one "con" to it, and thats some people have found it may affect tight turns at high speeds. Not sure how much truth there is to that as no one has seemed to mention that yet.
Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-28-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Here is an old thread where I had some pictures of mine. The system is actually bolted to the hull rather than the swim platform. You can also see how it bends to make room for the wakeplate.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/366235.html?1157685718

I haven't noticed any effect on tight turns at high speed..........Not that I do them......but that's a different thread altogether!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-28-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
skiboatdeaths.com fails to also note that the overwhelming majority of fatalities were in people not wearing life vests. Carbon Monoxide is definitely a problem but so is lack of common sense.

I have FAE and love it. It makes the boat quiter and exhaust fume smell is much less.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-28-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
What would be the cost of the system? If you don't want to disclose I understand I was looking for a ballpark #. I think this is a great idea.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-28-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Never mind I found the price list on there web site.