Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       03-26-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
This maybe a stupid question but why does everyone switch out their hard tanks for ballast bags? Is it for storage once the bags are deflated or can you squeeze in more #'s that way?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Usually you can squeeze in more lbs that way. skiers choice boats you definitely can. But we're having additional hards tanks put in ontop of the stock ballast so now instead of 1250lbs in the tanks we'll be able to have about 1850. Either way works I just wouldn't do sacks unless they were plumbed into the boat. I also like the storage you still have with hard tanks.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
In my Malibu, it was a combination of both. The hard tanks only hold 250 each, and in my '04 they are above the floor. They are positioned in such a way that I couldn't fit a wakeboard in the rear compartments with the hard tanks. By switching out to 750 lb sacs, I end up with a total of an extra 1000 lbs, plus extra storage when deflated. Win/Win.
Old     (gelo_az_23_lsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Tyler, where are you getting the additional hard tank installed? Ive heard of switching the hard tanks for bags to get more weight but havent heard of anyone adding another hard tank(s) and was just curious where it could be installed?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-27-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I swapped out my hard tanks with 750 fat sacks. It's really easy to do on a Centurion.

You have more storage when the sacks are empty, none when they are full.

Hard tanks are less trouble than sacks.