Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-25-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Can anyone post up the links to what you believe are the highest quality and fastest reversible pumps that can be used in a 2003 X-star (old hull)? The ballast hose is 3/4" ID.

thanks!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
Anyone?

This isn't for my boat - I'm helping a friend with a ballast project and I use individual pumps in my boat so I'm not up on the reversible pumps...

thanks
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
MC USES JABSCO'S BALLAST PUPPY YOU CAN FIND THEM FOR AROUND 250 BUCKS
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
The Simer 8512 have a similar gph to the Ballast Puppy, doesn't have impeller problems, are not ignition protected (limits mounting locations), but only cost about $70.

Do a search on WW for Simer to find out more info.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
Is there going to be anything out there that would really blow away the Jabsco Ballast Puppy or the Simer pump in terms of gph flow? Like the equivalent of a Tsunami pump, but reversible?
Old     (sixmilecrew)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-27-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'm using the Tsunami Aerator pumps, but they arent reversible, if you get the 800gph ones they have the 3/4" outlet so you can plumb that right into your lines. The only problem is you will need to use 2 pumps per tank. Not a big problem if you use a checkvalve where needed. The advantages to the aerators are they can run dry without the worries about melting down your impellor, like with the jabsco,s. Also aerators will be cheaper than buying Jabscos, I was going to run 3 jabscos, and now am going with 6 attwoods and it came out to be ALOT cheaper. Just as fast, if not faster.