Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
I have two pretty bad knots in my rope that i have neglected and am now regretting it. Are there any tricks anyone has for getting out knots that seem helpless?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-04-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
i've heard soaking the knots in warm water for half an hour can help - especially if you've been riding in salt water.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-04-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
take each knot, one at a time and place the knot in the palms of your hands. like your praying. know take me serious, it works. rub your hands together really fast rolling the knot back and forth, like Mr Myogi in karate kid. do it fast. keep doing it but dont soak the rope in water. when the rope is wet the fibers exspand and the knot gets tighter. leave it dry. keep doing this and keep trying to pick the knot appart. good luck
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-04-2007, 11:17 PM Reply   
I have gotten several pretty tight knots out by doing the following:

Get the knot wet with very soapy water, place it on a hard surface, and gently hit the knot with a hammer. Don't beat the crap out of it, just hit it a few times, trt to work it out, hit it somne more. Works great for me, and no damage to the line as far as I can tell.
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-04-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
I got a knot out of my line by carefully pushing a smooth thick needle (knitting needle might work too) through the knot, between the pieces of the rope, until it goes right through the knot... then wiggle the needle and the knot comes loose. Worked great for me!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
I second what Buzz said. This has worked for me several times with no damage to my line.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-05-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
The hammer will work. I got one out of my spectra kite line this weekend which is tons smaller than wake line. Just use a small hammer with a smooth face and lightly tap it. I didn't use water, I just did it dry.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Third the Hammertime
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-06-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
fold the rope right where the knot is. grab the rope about 12-18 inches up from this, and smack it against a hard surface repeatedly. Similar to the hammer method, but you don't need a hammer.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-06-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
4th the hammer. Piece of cake.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
i chew on the knot for a minute to loosen it up and then it comes out. it works :-)
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
I do what Greg does, it never fails.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-07-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
Take some scissors and cut the knot out, it works too.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
This thread inspired me to get out a pesky knot that was ignored. The hammer didn't work too well, so I got it out with a needle.