Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
i just went to the boat show and was always a nautique guy. but the new boats are hideous and look like i/o's. i couldnt be more disapointed. why make all the boats look the same but different sizes? and whats up with a new 210 and an old one ? thats lame. if i were to buy a new boat it wouldnt be a nautique for the first time ever. bu and mc are running away with it. hell i liked the rz2 better.
Old     (blxboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, there was a thread up exactly like this about a month ago.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-11-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
yes I do too.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-11-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
im a master craft owner but a fan of all boats. the new nautique line is ugly. thats too bad because the 210 was and is a sick looking boat. the new boats look like boxes. why change whats not broken.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
It's a shame that true die hard wakeboarders are a minority in the grand scheme of things . . . Otherwise, there would be a greater emphasis on the development of wake innovation, rather than boat bling, etc. . . utilitarian wakeboats like the 210 and the X-1, (reduced production this year), seem to be dying breeds. It's all about business.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
They are def. going in the wrong direction. I honestly thing that the best thing that Ski Nautique could do for good publicity and some serious buzz throughout the industry is bring back the 2001. Keep the hull the same. Update certain aspects of the original but update it slightly. Offer the boat as a "budget" wakeboard boat that when fully loaded is at 30k. I would also be open to a v-drive conversion? I don't know if that would be possible, or worth it.

Here are some of my thoughts on what they should add as standard equiptment
1. Flight control tower (the old ones that everyone likes)
2. Perfect pass
3. EFI engine (different optional engines)
4. Ballast pumps and tubes set up. Choose your own bags.
5. Better driver seat.
6. Speaker holes pre determind with basic speakers (optional team package etc.)
7. Acme 542
8. Modified interior
9. BASIC gel coat. Nothing to flashy

Options
1. Bigger engine
2. Stereo upgrade
3. Heater
4. Shower
5. Pop up cleats
6. Dual Battery

Lets all be real. I am a lover of Nautiques but the direction that Correct Craft is heading in is not a directions that the wakeboarding community is interested in.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-11-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
Eric that is a great idea.

I think any manufacturer that can offer a wake specific inboard for super cheap will definately be going in the right direction.

IMO the 226 and 236 are good looking boats but why "mess with success" the 210 was obviously a hit.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-11-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
I agree with all comments so far especially barrets...... a majority of boats that are sold these days are not for die hards. I have been around the industry and at several different mfg dealers. These days 90% if not more of the people walking through the door are boarding families which will use the boat for boarding along with several other things. Hence the take off of the 23-24ft V-drives.

Die hards know exactly what they want and always will. I think Nautique and MC finally realized that they have to branch out to keep success and their products competetive with other brands. They will always be leaders, no doubt, but these days pretty much every mfg puts out a sollid product. The old 210 and current X-1 do what they do best, produce great wakes, but as a family boat they both are not even in the mix. They are cramped and take a beating going across the lake during leisure time. Trust me I know both boats are solid and bulletproof, but you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't admit that fact. It's a tough sell to try and get a family in one when other mfgs offer a more spacious interior and adaptability to do several things well and in most cases a better price point. WE all know that the wakes though will never be matched IMO, but these days it's arguably very close to being matched. To most people the wake isn't tops on the list... its what can this boat do besides produce a good wake? Most people aren't going pro and don't want/need pro wake. They want a wake that will get them boarding and something they can grow with and won't let them down.

I agree with the fact that they should bring back the old 210 hull and maybe do the same thing MC did and offer it at a price point. It was by far my favorite looking with the plain lines it had not too mention its performance speaks for itself. I can assure you that in the Nautique realm that boat was just not going out the door as fast as their others so they needed to change it up to mosts dismay. I also think the SV211 could have been setup much better than what it is, and that owuld have doubled its sales I think, but we can't forget one thing.......... these companies didn't get to the top by producing sub par products :-) Either way boats keep getting more expensive each year. WISH THAT COULD SLOW:-)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
Wow Swatguy, your one hell of a typer. Must type a few reports every now and then, ehh?
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-12-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
Where is Red when ya need him?

(Message edited by spoonman on January 12, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
I would agree. I've always been a Nautique fan, but I don't think there is one boat in their lineup right now that I would consider buying new... except maybe the 236. I also agree that a retro 2001 would be a great idea for a wakeboarding boat at 30k. I would have bought that boat for sure a few months ago when I was in the market.. not sure if they can make them profitable for that price though.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
I didn't think about the profit margin at 30k. What does a dealer usually make on a boats profit? Even if they did the 2001 as a limited production the first year back to see how the demand was and what they were selling for from the dealers to narrow down future production.

I feel that if Moomba can make the outback for 28k than Nautique should be able to do the 2001 for 30k. But I don't know enough about the industry to be able to say that with 100% confidence.

i think that if retrofridge was able to re-invent his 2001 and sell it for 22k there is a market for selling a brand new 2001 at 30k.

Here is the link for his boat if you have not seen it. http://www.squaminboards.com/19842001.html
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-12-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
Billy I"m sure there was a ton of typos. :-) Just getting the itch these days as it's boat show time here as well. We still write most of our reports here in Chicago believe it or not. Lots of white out :-)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
I bet they could make a nice profit at 30k on an existing hull. Especially when they sell twice as many.
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-12-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
That's what happened with the X-1, and the same would happen to the 210. If you make it a price point, if people buy a ton of them, the price will keep going up until production slows. that is why the x-1 is no longer advertised for 39k like it was last year.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
i love the idea, but pretty sure current owners of nautiques wouldn't.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Nacho, whats up? Do you think the boat needs to changing after Sunday's ride. (j/k) You know that I still miss my 1989 2001. It was nice but definitely not like my current boat. Best boat for the money is a barefoot nautique from the 80s'.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
jeff, i guess it was ok.... right. i love the new bags! the only thing that needs to be changed is my approach. ya gotta sack-up to hit it!

just checkin out the weather. looks like this wknd is gonna suck. thats ok tho. next wknd I'll have my new board! i'm ready.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
barefoot had the 454 in it, no?
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yep, and most of those guys don't know about the wake it can make so they still sell cheap. Extra weight and extra horsepower.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Nautique isnt going in the wrong direction, just the same direction. Nothing new.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
The barefoot did have the 454 but so did some of the 2001's. Mine does!
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-12-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
yep
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Yes they are just harder to find. You can still find the barefoot and you know it is going to have the big block. You see everyone talking about price point, well you can still get into the sport with a boat if you are willing to not get sucked into the hype that you have to have the newest baddest v-drive.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-12-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
CC management appears to be getting senile.

Every innovation seems to be:
1) a step backwards or
2) one step forward and two steps backwards

edash flip flop: basic dash; edash; basic dash
clamshell flip flop: clamshells everywhere; clamshells nowhere
tower flip flop: orginal tower; gay tower; massive tower
interior divergence: super simple interior; erector set interior;
wake divergence: killing the SAN; going with rampy wakes
last to have a 3 piece sun deck
first to have a walk through transom
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Absolutely the wrong way. They totally look like your average I/O runabout. Now, I have never been a Nautique guy, but I've always respected their performance and quality, just never the really liked the styling. They weren't bad, just not for me. These new ones are bad though, really bad.

I have to concur with the general consensus that you don't need the biggest, baddest, newest V-Drive on the planet. 99 out of 100 people aren't going to go pro at any point in there lives. You don't need the sickest wake on the planet to pull off every move in the book. I can get plenty enough wake out of my Tige to go out hurt myself and do so often. A good rider can make the most out of average wakes. Most of the people who buy these 60k boats aren't throwing 9's or switch crow mobes or even basic back rolls. Most of us have had to earn our money and by the time we can afford a 60k boat we're old and busted. We all keep saying that these prices have to top out some time, but so long as people keep buying 'em, they'll keep makin' 'em.

Where the hell was I going with this? Oh ya, the new Tweeks are ugly.

(Message edited by nickypoo on January 12, 2007)
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-12-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
I am coming around to the look of the new nautiques. I like the 236, mostly like the 210,220, and 211.

Nautiques are changing to suit their buyers. In the past nautique built sport specific ski boats but the market has changed and now family man wants a inboard. So that is who they are selling boats to.

I applaud them trying to progress their boats but I also hate to see the old 210 go. They should have followed Mastercraft and made it a price point boat.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-12-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
I was thinking about buying old 2001 boats that have blown engines or floor damage for cheap, and completely restoring them. Pretty much just use the hull, shaft, struts, and deck. Redo the dash, stringers, floor, interior, engine, gel coat, and add a tower and ballast. Maybe sell them for about $25k. I dont know if it would be worth it as a business, but I am going to do it with my 83' 2001 on a personal level.

Anyone want to start a business?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
i m not even talking about the wake thats a whole new rant. im strictly talking about the exterior looks. they look horrible. who is designing these things? skiboats should have a straight rubrail, not an arched one. leave that for vip, chapperel{sp}, bayliner and such.the old 210 hull coulsd have been streched a foot or so wider and a few feet longer.with some tweeks they coulda made the wake awsome.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
I totally agree. I feel like CC abandoned has their core market. I definitely think CC is going in the wrong direction. I never thought I would say this, but if I had to buy a new boat this year, Nautique would not even be in the running. Sorry, CC, but if I wanted a I/O, I'd get an I/O.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
I guess for us who own the old 210 SANTE we will get good resale value when it comes time to sell. Upload
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
^^good point.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Maybe I am just crazy, but I love the way Nauiques look, even the new ones. I hate that every boat looks alike. Without graphics how many could tell a Moomba XLV from a from a Supra Launch 24SSV. I don't think I could. I bet most could nab the 236 though. To me their stuff looks more "upclass" than the other builders...and clean.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Mike I could tell an X45 from a 247LSV from a Mobius XLV, from a 24ssv, and from an epic... They all look different, now as for CC. I don't think I'd be able to tell a difference in any of their new line, unless I had a tape measure or a catalog.(they all look about the same with exception of length
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
No I love the direction they are going just makes my 06 210 that much more valuable
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
I am not happy with the price hike every year. I agree that a "wakeboarder specific" price point boat for $30k is in order. Keep it simple and clean. Tower, speakers, storage, and a boatload of built in ballast. get it, boatload? I am not a Centurion guy, but I was in central CA in 2004 and could have bought an avalanche new for about $34k. the next year, i saw the same 2004 boat for sale at the same place for 45k... I think all the boat man. are cashing in on the rising popularity of our sport and boats. Handing down "old", calling it "new" and charging $7k more for it. Any new, innovative design/features will see a $20K higher price tag.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2007, 12:23 AM Reply   
What do you think the probability that Nautique will bring back the 210 or even more crazy of an idea the 2001 but a wake edition?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-13-2007, 1:01 AM Reply   
I think someone could start a good company with those two boats. 2001 v-drive for $35K and 210 v-drive for $50K. Make them in white only with all the options minus the stereo. Offer differnt colored decals for those who want. Stamp them out. Sound like a plan?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Prices are going through the roof but as long as people keep buying them manufacturers will gladly sell them. Until people just refuse as a whole to pay the ridiculus prices, they will continue to escalate. If boat manufactures saw a sag in sales, prices would drop tremendously. I heard from an inside source that one of the big three just had there most profitable year in history even though they didn't move as many units.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
So the question is where does it end? As the prices escalate we continue to see the sport grow and more people being involved in wakeboarding. The x80 is the biggest, priciest boat on the market but there are not that many units sold at its 125k+ price tag. But move down to 100k and we see plenty of xstars, x45s on lakes and I wonder how people can afford that.

I wonder how moombas sales are going since they are the only true budget wakeboard boat on the market.

GD wanna start that company just selling 2001s and 210s? Lol. How much would it cost someone to buy the molds from Nautique?
Old    K.B.C.            01-13-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
"I think someone could start a good company with those two boats. 2001 v-drive for $35K and 210 v-drive for $50K. Make them in white only with all the options minus the stereo. Offer differnt colored decals for those who want. Stamp them out. Sound like a plan?"

Sounds like the best plan ever.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-13-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
I went to the boat show today. Boy, I am under-whelmed by the big three.

CC is whacked -- the 210 feels like a handicapped restroom with a dash from BUICK.
MC has the same nice new boats with rampy wakes.
BU put a fugly windshield on the VTX to complement their fugly tower. Otherwise, its cool.

Sanger, Supra and Epic are in a great position to improve market share.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Does epic have a market share?

Dane -- Lol on your comment on the new 210. So funny yet so true.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-13-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
Who wants to start a business?

I am in the process of redoing my stringers, floor, internal ballast, and interior on my 2001. Who wants to take old 2001's and restore them for wakeboard?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
Epics market share only has one direction to go
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
But I would imagin that if epic starts to really progress as a company and develop they will raise prices of their boats. I could picture the 23 footer being 80k and the 21 footer being 55 or 60 eventually
Old    orgborn            01-13-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
I couldnt agree more Nautiques are unbelievably ugly compared to the MC and BU. they No longer compare to either boat.

The layouts are the worst hands down have some serious potato heads working there. For the prices they charge its ridiculous.

(Message edited by orgborn on January 13, 2007)
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-14-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
i really thought someone was gonna jump up and say how great they are doing and the new lineup is awsome {i had my flame suit installed}. that tells me even the hardcore nautique {me since 97 til 06} guys agree.
does any one think the new line up is good?
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-14-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Terrible is the only word to describe them, even the website is piss poor. Owned 2 Nautiques since 99 but can say right now my next will NOT be a CC if they keep this up.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-14-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
i like the new line up the way they designed the new 210s and 220s seating was to move people around to balance the wake easier but the only thinf i dont like is the stupid graphic they have on them and CC is still my favorite boat company
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-14-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
The seating looks like an erector set, what happened to simplicity that CC used to have.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-14-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
The old Barefoot Nautiques had a completely different hull than a CC ski 2001(even if it had the "2001" graphic), it was the deep v hull and the 454 that made it a barefooter, if you ever tried to slalom ski(cringe)at 29 or 30 behind one you would know it was like hitting a high curbing, but at 19 it threw out a cabin cruiser sized wake with ramps(we used to jump it with a kneeboard and get 8-10 feet of air easy) they are great boats that drive like tanks (50mph tanks!) they are the sleeper wakeboard boat that if you have one you know what you've got. Plus it is a great barefoot boat.

(Message edited by bftskir on January 14, 2007)
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Yes, that was my point about that boat. You can still find them cheap. About the looks and design of the new CCs, I love how my 211 looks and works. I still foot, ski, board and surf and could not think that another boat would provide me the versatility of the 211. I have never been a fan of BUs, the sides of their boats looks odd to me. I do like how Sangers look and MCs. I also believe that time will prove that the interiors of the new boats does work well. It is a little erector set looking.

Having seen the 236 and 220 in person they are impressive boats. All this being said my '89 2001 was built like a tank. There is not a builder making boats like that any more.Upload
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-14-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
jeff im not trying to dog your boat at all. the style just isnt my taste. when you bought your boat you had a choice. but cc took away the choice for alot of people this year and that sucks.i was a die hard nautique guy, ask anyone
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-14-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
"i really thought someone was gonna jump up and say how great they are doing and the new lineup is awsome {i had my flame suit installed}. that tells me even the hardcore nautique {me since 97 til 06} guys agree.
does any one think the new line up is good?"

No response necessary, we are all sitting back laughing at this...hate on....

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on January 14, 2007)
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-14-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
according to your profile you have an san 210??? thats not the boat in discustion more like the lack there of. are you retarded?

(Message edited by 882001 on January 14, 2007)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-14-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
Name calling now...Good job, keep it up....
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Ok lets try and bring this discussion back to a reasonable level.

Tackleberry- there are plenty of hate threads out there. We are more than welcome to discuss our dislikes of Nautiques new direction, and talk about what we feel would be improvement. And also a lot of this thread was directed around the loss of direction throughout the industry about how companys are drifting towards family boats, not wakeboard boats

882001- no need for the retard comment

Jeffsv211- Its amazing how much more attractive your boat is than other 211's just due to the tower. I really like the look and the lines of your tower. It flows much better than those boxy looking towers the Nauties have these days
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-14-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
Eric - call it what you want. I see tons of bashing here. Don't get me wrong, you guys are entitled to your opinions, but then again so am I. Felt that 88's comment about why the Nautique guys weren't commenting was inaccurate. 50 some odd posts hating on Nautiques, those of us who still believe in Correct Craft just don't need to participate. Good enough....
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-14-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
I like the new nautiques, and i'm a mastercraft guy. I saw the new 236 at the boatshow and really liked it. It's a quality made boat and i like the look of the dash. Only thing that is killing the boats, imo, are those towers, they don't flow at all.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Tackle- I agree that there is plenty of bashing on here. And i agree that he was incorrect about his statement. I believe in Correct Craft. I just feel like they are experementing with new concepts, that I don't personally care for. I feel like the hull design is good but the interior is to broken up and doesnt flow and same with the towers. I love correct craft but just wondering why they have made such drastic changes. Sales in the drain or just decided to be different?
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-14-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
I just looked again and realllllllllly tried my best to understand the new nautique image.

My biggest interior issue is the lack of a bench seat in the back. My personal preference when not driving is sitting on the back bench seat. But thats just me. Its an option from CC but I would never get the optional passanger bucket seat.

On the 226, and many other boats out there, I dont like the walk through going from the cabin to the swim platform on the left or right side of the engine. On the 236 I like it cause its in the center

900lbs of ballast from the factory is weak

POSITIVE SIDE, which we have not seen much of in this thread, I love the exterior styling of the 210. Except the tower, but of course you can order a boat without the tower. And i really like the new 236.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-15-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
My above water 210 appraisal.

Some things that I LIKE and DISLIKE about the new 210...

The open bow is nice.

bow

I don't care the for the blocky flat landing pads for the tower mounts. Seems rather port-a-potty to me.

towermounts

The dash is super ugly. I think it looks worse than the dash in my mon's buick skylark.

dash

I dig the rear pop-up seat. It would have been a nice addition to any SAN.

flipseat

I like rear facing seating, yet I am not sure I like this solution. I don't dig the seat rails and I am not thrilled with the look of the rear seat area.

backseat

I like the rear view seating behind the drivers seat but I an not thrilled with the way that this looks. Its a bit handicapped bathroom.

sideseat

I am not thrilled with the notched rear or the side rails to support the convertible seat.

rearcock

The scalloped transom is fugly to me.

transom

Overall, I am very un-impressed. I would so much prefer a slightly improved old 210. That boat was nearly perfect for so many years.

Yes, I am disappointed. I think CC has lost their mojo.

Next, lets see how the wake compares.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
There was a discussion on the transom steps over on planetnautique. This is the same transom as my 211 and it works fantastick. The steps make a great transition into the boat from the platform and the little sitting bench in the middle is used by everyone to strap on boards. The side walk-thru is a blessing, having been on boats that have a full sun deck I like having carpet to walk on. It is not slippery and is set at a perfect angle for the driver to get up and move to the back of the boat for coaching or helping the rider if they are inexperienced with getting out of the water. We are allowed to ride without a spotter in Texas and this might be why I move around so much on the boat. It would be nice to have an optional pad to place over the walk-way. Definitely something that could be made be an upholstery shop.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Eric, thanks for the compliment. My tower is stock but I have the speakers flipped to improve headroom. It does seam to change the angles of the tower. Seems to look much skinner and taller. Looking at the interior of the 210 in the pictures above it confirms my feelings that it looks a little erector set. I have not seen the 210 in person so I am holding opinion untill then. Also as I had mentioned in another post, most people seem ready to make judgement without ever being in the boat. I find this very true with the wake on my boat. Everyone is very impressed with how my boat works and the wake. It did take putting extra bags plumbed in to get it dialed in, but I do believe that almost everyone does this also. The nice thing about my boat is I can empty all the bags and still take an agressive slalom run. I might be one of the few dinosaurs that still skis and foots, but it is still quite a rush for me.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Those are nice pictures GD, thanks. Some of the things you noted as dislike, I actually like (at least from the pics). Like the looks of the front tower pad mount on the top deck, looks beefy. Also like the looks of the dash, out of the way of the windshield (my old Malibu has only 1" between the top of the dash and the windshield frame). Of course if you cannot see the instruments in full daylight, this is no good, will have to wait until I can test it out for myself.

Have driven,ridden in,and behind almost every Nautique ever manufactured since the early 80s. I have never been dissappointed. Can only say the same about 1 other boat manufact.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
I have to say it is good to see CC stepping up their engineering!
You can tell a lot of thought went into the way the interior mold was
Designed! What I question and many people have in this thread is the premise behind the engineering. I look at it and thing one thing I/O. Especially the way the engine compartment sticks out and no bench across the back SREEMS retro I/O.

Having said that they are still selling so it just shows why there is more than one Manufacturer. Not all people have the same taste or needs
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-15-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
I spent all day Saturday at the Nashville Boat Show. Most with Centurion Dealer but walked around and looked at all of the boats. What's hard for us hard-core wakeboard (therfore inboard) boat owners to understand is that the majority of the boating market will never be like us. The Sea Ray, Crownline, Colbalt, Regal, and other i/o brands attract much more traffic and larger share of market than the inboard brands. Sea Ray sold more boats than all inboard brands combined Saturday. I think Nautique is really trying to attract some of that market by making the boats look and feel more like an i/o. The price difference is not that much when equal engines, towers, racks, and stereo's are included.

Another observation is that Nautique in no longer the price leader in the inboard market. Mastercraft and Malibu are both more.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Good points.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-16-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Even though I do not own a Correct Craft I always liked the timeless styling and build quality . I was shocked when I saw the new line up it made me want to puke . WTF are they thinking? As far as boat manufactures building a wake boat for the core group those days are gone and not even worth bringing up its all about the buck...... Joe
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-16-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
It's time Correct Craft made a saltwater boat.

(Message edited by srock on January 16, 2007)