Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-04-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS:

First off let me apologize on behalf of all of us here at Roswell for any inconveniences you have been having with the Supra swivel boardracks. It has been a work in progress between our design department and Skier’s Choice to have a working, durable swivel on all of your boats. Our initial retrofit pin kits have worked for most customers but understanding that this wasn’t the level we needed to achieve, we worked jointly with Skier’s Choice on a solution to take care of the issues once and for all. There are two options available to swivel board rack owners that I will go over below.

Option 1- A new manual swivel will be available in the next 8-10 weeks through Roswell directly. It is made using the same swivel assembly you have right now (05/06 boats) except the locking pin and 3 push pins have been replaced with a manual Quick Release Pin. The Q.R. pin gets pulled up and the swivel can rotate through the 3 positions. It is then replaced, locking the swivel in either position. The system is as close to bombproof as we could make it without sacrificing the styling we had in the first design. This will be available to you as a replacement under warranty at no charge from us- All we will require is you to send your current swivels back.

OPTION ONE:
Upload

Option 2- Our new 2007 swivel will also be available for customers looking to keep a push button type swivel. These new swivels are compatible with the 2005 and 2006 swivels and will be made available for replacement customers (again through Roswell) closer to the New Year. This new swivel has been tested and we are confident that under normal usage they will hold up to daily wear and tear. As this option is a direct upgrade to a 2007 product there will be a charge if you choose to go this route. We feel that the manual swivel in option 1 is a reasonable fix for our 2005/06 customers in line with our warranty. We will have more information on the upgrade charge shortly.

OPTION TWO:
Upload

Both options will require you to send your current swivels back to Roswell.

Once again I apologize on behalf of everyone here at Roswell for any frustration and inconvenience and assure you that we will continue to work closely with Skier’s Choice to satisfy all of our customers in as timely a fashion as possible. If you’d like you can contact myself marc@roswellwakeair.com or Ryan ryan@roswellwakeair.com (780.490.7908) and we will organize switching out your swivels.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-04-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
what will the option 2 cost us?
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-04-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
As a dealer for Supra boats i am very pleased that the good folks at roswell are taking care of this .Great customer service. Thank you Roswell you guys rock
The staff of Delta Sport Boats
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-05-2006, 2:10 AM Reply   
The single push button swivel works amazingly and its great. I think it would be worth the money to upgrade to.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-05-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
Props to Roswell for not sweeping this under the rug. You have a great product, management and integrity. Good luck to future success and keep us posted.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-05-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
What a company. Marc and the gang at Roswell are #1. Cant wait to upgrade to the 07's swivel.
Thanks again!!!!
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
hopefully i can "finally" get mine taken care of.

look forward.
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Since fumbling with trying to line up the pin on the water doesn't sound like much fun, we will probably go with the push button 07's. My question is, will we be able to get the new swivels before we send our current one's to Roswell? I'd hate to have no board racks at all for a month. We are already down one which fell off and hit the boat, thanks guys.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-10-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Just got a phone call from my dealer. They told me the upgrade charge is going to be $275 for each rack. I think that is a little high that's what new rack cost.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-10-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
I personally think that is a little high as well. We paid for a push button set up and that's what we should get. I can see paying $100-$150 per rack; but that just seems too high. What do ya'll think??
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
I think that is flippin sweet. I love the racks but have run into issues with the pins on the racks themselves.

Marc- are there any plans to have the racks be detachable? I wrap mine in plastic so keep the bugs off.
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-10-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
Why on my 07 21V do I have the old board racks? I do not have the 07 upgrade.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Marc, any chance you'll be able to meet the demand in 07? I ordered my swivel system through my local dealer in July and after labor day called and said where the hell are my racks. They called and was told that you had all the pieces for the racks except for the back plate. If I wanted an 05 back plate they could be shipped that week. I said, OK for a DISCOUNT. So three more weeks pass by and no sign of my racks. I called the local dealer and told them to cancel my order completely.

Hope you can better meet your customers demands during the season in 07.

Ken
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-13-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Dbot5 has a swivel that fits any tower out of the box, including supra and the new 3inch tiges. one end has a clamp the other mounts the rack. Swings 90 and 180 degrees inside the boat
Upload
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
Hey Marc any chance on getting a reply to any of the above questions. I know I could just email you but this thread might help keep your inbox a little less full, thanks again
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
To the community:

Sorry for the delayed reaponse- I have been out on the road since just after posting and have limited time and access to the net. I think I've got most of the questions covered in the following:

As for the price of the upgrade to the 2007 swivels- It looks like we will be offering the upgrade through Supra dealers rather than through Roswell. I am on top of getting a price from Supra and will let everyone know what that will be as soon as I get it confirmed- As for now I do not have confirmation that $275 will be the price.

As for the racks being detachable- We have talked about this in our design department but currently do not have plans to make them quick release. It is something we will be looking into for the future for sure. We do have a polishing kit available to keep the racks super shiny if you'd be interested- I can put you in touch with our sales department if you'd like just let me know.

Jason- I got your e-mail and have our team working on it- You should have a reply in your in box. There were a few boats that went out with the 2006 swivels but we're workign on getting the new ones out. Our production has caught up and from here on out the 2007's should be going out with the new swivels.

Ken- I am ssuming you are talking about our own version- the S.I Swivel and Team or Caddy racks. We did not expect the demand for the 06 Roswell line to be as high as it was and were unable to meet all the demand early on- Going into 2007 we have a better idea of what the demand will be, are building 40% more inventory and have some new infrastructure in place to ensure we are able to service our customers better. I am very sorry for your experieince and can fully understand your frustration. We'd like a chance to earn your business if you're still in the market. Please contact me if you're interested and we can talk. (marc@roswellwakeair.com)
Old    momentum            11-21-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Any new news on this subject?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-21-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
Option 3, buy a Mastercraft.

(Message edited by woreout on November 21, 2006)
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-21-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Great advice Billy. Any reason you are even posting on this thread? Or do you just like being annoying? Why does every thread on here turn into bashing. Get a life man.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-21-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
dear Hatfield,

lighten up.

sincerely,
Everyone
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-21-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
i like option 3, buy a mc and be so upside down in your boat you have to keep if forever to not get killed, on second thought i would rather have a supra where the company goes on wakeworld and explains a problem and solution, instead of pretending your boat has no problems ie. spider cracks
thanks supra
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-21-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Nautique!
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-21-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
or you could get accessories that fit any tower out of the box, no need for upgrades or messing around for hours trying to make stuff fit and have a headache