Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
I have it narrowed down to 4 possibilities for my first boat. I know this covers a broad range of prices and boats, but what I'm looking for is some honest feedback about what is going to be my best value for the next 4-5 years. I'm either going to do it this weekend or wait until February 2007 and buy new. So, here are the options:

1) 2004 Malibu LSV - 111 hours
2) 2005 Tige 24v - 120 hours
3) Eric's 2004 Supra SSV - 167 hours
4) 2006 X1 that looks identical to this one (The one I'm looking at has a black single axle trailer, but has the KGB ballast and swivel racks). - 60 hours
I will probably have the service done by another dealer because of the MC dealer experience I have had so far.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-18-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Attila... Paying you mad props!!!!
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
For sure, I stole that picture from his post in my original thread.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
If you intend to just ride with 2-4 people and avoid big crowds, I would get the X1.

If you like to spend a lot of time on the water and you like to roll with all of your friends, I would stay away from the MC and get the Malibu.

I have owned both boats more or less. The 2001 LSV I owned was a different hull, although I have ridden both. The Malibu in my opinion produces the best wake out of all the big boats (23+ feet) and by far has the most luxurious interior. It gives you plenty of room to stretch out and throw your gear of the floor without feeling cramped.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-18-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
The Supra and the Tige look really sick, the price on the Tige seems a little high, but its probably because it has the engine upgrade which probably costed the current owner about 4K more, they both look pretty really clean.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-18-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
I have an 05 24V, but with the 340HP. I never have desired more, but don't wakeboard with over 1000 pounds in the boat. I have been very pleased with it. The price is not too bad, given the upgraded motor and the stereo (depending on exactly what he's got, but from what is on the tower, he has made an effort at it).

Extended warranty has to be worth a lot.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
David-
All great boats. As jarrod said, it depends on what you will be doing. If you go out with more people or are concerned with water conditions at Mead, you will probably end up wanting a bigger boat than the X-1. If you only go out with a small group and only in the best of conditions (for Mead), it will be tough to beat the X-1.

The Supra seems to be a great boat too. The only downside I could see to the Supra is the lower freeboard and less storage compared to the Tige and Malibu. Again, probably not a concern if you are careful on Mead. Saving several thousand dollars may be worth it to you.

The Tige and Malibu are pretty comparable boats IMO. I have been in both and they are both very spacious, deep, and comfortable. They both seem to be decked out and have lots of extras including nice stereo systems and PP. The Tige obviously has the advantage of the extended warranty and bigger engine. I couldn't tell much about the trailer on the Tige, but the Malibu has the Extreme trailer with the torsion axles and disc brakes. I can tell you from first-hand experience and a recent towing trip of over 1300 miles that a trailer with these features is extremely nice, and worth the upgrade. The Malibu at 5k less than the Tige is probably a better deal IMO, but that is just my personal preference. Obviously I have owner goggles as I just recently bought the same Malibu. I watched that Malibu come down in price over the past few months, and I gave it some serious consideration. However, I really wanted the Illusion tower. Just a personal preference.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these boats. A nice dilemna to be in.

(Message edited by atropine on September 19, 2006)
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Sam, I really wanted the Illusion tower as well but I haven't seen one for sale in awhile. That blue is great too. When I get my boat, we'll have to meet up at Ecco sometime.

I'm waiting to hear back from the Tige seller, otherwise I'll probably end up with that Malibu or this LSV. Looks like this really is the time of year to buy. A local B52 just went up on Craigslist too
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
If you're really serious about wake I would stick with the Malibu, X1 or the Supra. I know I'll get bagged for that. If its recreation, then I'd go with which one you like best. They are all good boats.

I absolutely love the LSV wake, but it takes a lot of weight to get there and it's a lot to haul around for 2 riders. If you have a big crew, then it's a no-brainer.

If you ride with a small crew, then the X1 is hard to beat. Big wake without too much weight.

I've been hearing all kinds of good about Supra's lately, but I can't comment from personal experience.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
David-
That black and white LSV is another great boat. I like the Titan tower on that boat-- I had a Titan I on my previous boat and they are rock solid. 74 hours, PP, nice stereo, Extreme trailer, that looks like a nice package.

I haven't been down as far as Echo Bay yet, but that is the next place we are going to try out. It's only another 14 mile drive past the Overton marina for us (Overton marina is only 15 miles from our house), and I want to check out the coves around Echo Bay. We'll have to hook up there sometime. Have you been there before?