Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Hey can anybody tell me where a good lake in FL is that friends and I can go to for a winter vacation and ride....prefer ones with resorts or hotels really close by....
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-18-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
Do you have your own boat?
There are a few vacation rental houses on lake weir that have sandy beaches and boat lifts as well as three bars on the lake. Search Lake Weir Fl or Ocklawaha on www.vrbo.com
I just got back from Cleveland yesterday - wifes class reunion. Cold up there!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
If you're looking for some great instruction as well, go to Dean Lavelle's wakeboard school www.wakeboard-school.com
The water was always nice and I can't even explain to you how good the instruction was! Really something you have to experience to believe it. Its in Pompano Beach, Fl
Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
thanks guys appreciate the help
Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2006, 4:56 AM Reply   
Ted- Are you talking about Cleveland TN, it's just most people think Ohio...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
Sorry - I thought you meant Ohio...
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-19-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
They have only one or two hotels, but there are tons of lakes and the water is usually very smooth. Lake Placid Florida, I ride there on weekends, they have a wakeboard shop there, and it is very nice.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-19-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
Email Dave Briscoe. His wakeboard school is in the links and he has a deal worked out with a local Hotel on the Chain of Lakes. I live here as well and I'll be happy to give a pull if you can get here.

(Message edited by byrd on September 19, 2006)