Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    briano            09-15-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
I just moved to Fort Lauderdale a month ago and am looking to find places to ride/people to ride with. I have my own wakeboard, vest, rope, and have gas cash to bring (golden rule).

Also, I have a wakeboard boat, but it's in the shop having some tuning up done to it, but it should be ready to roll again shortly.

So I was wondering if I could catch a ride with someone?

Or if in a couple of weeks, if anyone wants to ride and can drive a wakeboard boat....that would be cool too.... Of course, places to ride information would be helpful also.

Thanks!

Brian

Anyway, any help you could offer - advice or a pull - whatever would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
I have been told that people ride at Markham Park. You can do a web search for it, I haven't ever been. I haven't found anybody that rides down here that has a boat, the only place I have ridden is Ski Rixen. What did you move down here for? There is another lake off of the interstate near Oakland Park Blvd that I have seen a wakeboard boat on, but I have never explored that area.
Old     (asilaydying06)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
im from pembroke pines but I just moved up to Orlando for school. If you cant find a pull, you should check out ski rixen, its a cable park. www.skirixenusa.com
Old     (jnelson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
I know it is a little north but check out Coastal Surf and Ski. (www.coastalsurfandski.com) they are good guys and will help you out with meeting local riders.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
Mill's Pond is along the interstate at Oakland Park Blvd. You have to join the local club.

Markum Park, civilization on the East, the everglades on the West. If your not from Florida you can learn about gators close up.

Okeeheelee Park - five ski lakes but may be a little bit of a drive. Public park requires permit for boat. You can also ski at night on the lighted course.

My current spot, the intracoastal if you don't mind shaking off the salt, particulary in south Palm Beach County. Boca-Delray area.

Crystal Lake in Deerfild but access is limited.

My old lake, Lake Ida in Delray Beach or Osborne in Lake Worth. The jet skiers may drive you nuts.

Master Craft Dealer is in Boynton Beach just off I95.

Each location has it's own nuances. What part of Lauderdale? The drive may dictate the best place to ride.

My boats in Central Florida so I could use a pull down here and I have no problem filling up the tank or bringing gear.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-18-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'd say intracoastal on a weekday.

Okeeheelee is run by slalom skiers. only two of the 5 lakes allow wakeboarding. Also, there are boat restrictions.

I've been to Osbourne, on a weekday it is OK, on a weekend I got driven nuts by the jetskis.