Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-14-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Does any one launch from Walnut Grove? Is Wimpy's around there? Is that a good place to launch from if coming from Sac, or is there some where closer?
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-14-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Wimpy's is ok, ramp is a little steep though. You could also go to the Boat House in Locke, they will launch your boat for you. Also there is a place called HOg Back on the back side of Grand Island that has a good launch. You should be able to find any of these on a Delta map.
Old    buckettim            09-14-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
I've been driving home though the delta passing by Rio Vista, Islton, Walnut Grove, Locke the water is Glass every day....just pisses me off that i'm not out there
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-14-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
kevbo,
we found out about the walnut grove launch sites this summer. wimpy's is sometimes a rough launch as the current is pretty fast right off the dock. walnut grove marina is very uncrowded and an easy launch. new hope (near wimpy's) is also nice.
Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-14-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Timmah. Exactly what I've been doing, I can't believe my eyes as I'm driving mile after mile along the levee. The water is so smooth for so long. Might be worth the drive from up here at Folsom.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-14-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Why not ride up by Sacramento?

Tower Park is an easy launch as is B&W. Both are right off highway 12.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-15-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Paradise Point is a one hour drive from Citrus Heights. It is off of 8 mile road just north of Stockton. I launch there all of the time. Nice ramp and facilities.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have launched at Wimpy's a few times. I would rate their ramp one of the better on the delta, but that isn't saying much....
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Where's the best place to launch on the Delta if you're coming from Vacaville?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
"Where's the best place to launch on the Delta if you're coming from Vacaville?"

That is going to depend on where in the Delta you want to ride. I would think the closest would be to drop down to Fairfield, take 12 east to Rio Vista, launch there.

You might prefer, however, to continue east on 12 and launch at B&W or Tower Park.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
b&w isnt much past Tower park and the ramp is alot better. But hitting the bar for a final drink at tower park is a good reason to launch their
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
New Hope is much better than Wimpy's (and is right next to it) because at wimpy's you're launching perpendicular to the current. The Boat House is closed to public launching.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-15-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
When did the Boat House close to the public? New Hope is a safer launch than Wimpy's, just go straight past Wimpy's and New Hope is in the back. But Wimpy's makes a killer cheese burger.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
Kev, I launched out of Garcia Bend on Sunday and had glass all morning from 9-1. Water is great, no boats, let me know when you want to go...
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-16-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Sam (or anyone),
Has the ramp at Garcia Bend been dredged at all since early summer? There was so much silt on the ramp in May/June that's the big reason we made switch to the Walnut Grove area-which is a lot less crowded-even on weekends. Weekends at Garcia Bend is a joke.
Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-17-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ya, we used to have a slip at Miller Park until my boat started turning green and some one yanked our 20' slider we had built near Garcia Bend. Driving along the levee in Walnut Grove blew my mind, gotta check it out. Ron where do you launch from in Walnut G.?
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-17-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Kev- We go to New Hope (just a few hundred yards down the road from Wimpy's).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
The Boat House has been closed to the public for almost 3 years now. Walnut Grove is great if you don't mind fixing your prop 2 -3 times a year from all the submerged logs etc.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-17-2006, 11:08 PM Reply   
I grew up in Walnut Grove, There are a lot of good spots to ride out that way. You just have to know where to go and also where not to.