Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    malibu73            09-11-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have liquid Force Alphas now, but after about 20 mins in the water the sides of my feet start to kill me. I have a 11.5 4E and was wondering if the transits would fit better for a wider foot? I have no shops around here so Im going to have to buy them and hope they fit I guess.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-11-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Chad,
Try using some beer bottles to stretch them out. I used soap on the big end of the bottle and slid them in from the toe side, then soak them in hot water for a while and let the bottles stay in for a day or so. That might help.
Old    malibu73            09-11-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
I've tried that, I tried a big bbq sauce bottle in there. I even put deflated dodgeballs inside and pumped them up, but they still kill my feet. Thanks for the advice though.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-12-2006, 4:03 AM Reply   
My Ultras did the same thing... finally got some Shane and I feel I could wore them an entire day without pain... I'd recommend Watsons or Shanes...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
Chad, I have '05 Transits that did the same thing, size large. Soaked them for 3 weeks in hot water, shoved the barrels of 2 softball bats in them and the right one never loosened up enough. I called LF and they sent me XL overlays and toe pieces. Now that I put those on the large footbeds, they never hurt at all and I can cinch down the laces.
Old    malibu73            09-12-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
randy, did you have to pay extra for the other overlays, or did they let you just swap them out?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
Chad, they just sent me the overlays and let me keep the other ones. They said after I did all of that, they should have stretched out.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-14-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Hey randy, how did you keep the water hot for 3 weeks?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-14-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
^^Nice^^