Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Am I the only one that has had problems with ordering wakeboarding equipment? I'll be nice and not mention company names, but I'm batting about .500 on getting orders correctly:

Board - scratched, dented and cross threaded binding inserts (no, I didn't cross thread them)

Rope Handle - Defective, sinks after 2 or 3 starts

PFD - Ordered Large, received extra large

Bindings - Notified they were on back order 2 weeks after receiving confirmation they had been shipped

Ballasts and pump - Informed they were shipped Tuesday and would have them by the weekend, updated on Saturday (today) that they had shipped Friday.

Even the tube I ordered for my kids, I ordered a a Dual Razor and received the Solo Razor.

I'm not usually a 'dark cloud following me around' kind of guy, but I'm starting to think the guys in the shipping departments at all online stores brain's are water logged.

Any else had these kind of experiences?
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
No. NOt that bad. I'd go straight to the manager and ask for a discount on all of your equipment. My delership in AZ is perfect, but what they've done for you is unacceptable.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
This was actually on multiple orders from multiple online stores from about May through today. You can't beat the selection of online stores, but I'm starting to think going to the store and actually picking the products up is the way to go.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-02-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Its always good to support your local board/pro shop. Plus thay can resolve most problems quickly.
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-02-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
had great luck with evogear and grizzley sports
Old    malibu73            09-02-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Evo Gear is great
Old    jrss13            09-02-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Grizzly and Wakeside have been great for me
Old    flyhigh916            09-02-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
If you shopped a local board shop youd never have any (or most) of these issues... Food for thought
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-02-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
...and you'd only pay about $400 more
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
I would agree with the local shop theory. However, I'm in Colorado. We have cycling and snow sports shops coming out our ears, water sports are not so plentiful. Just need to find a shop online that sends what I order and is interested in pleasing their customers.

David and Chad, thanks for pointing me to Evogear and Grizzly, I'll check them out.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-02-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Evogear ships what they are given from the manufacturer without ever opening the box, if they even see the box. I'm 0 for 2 with them. They are helpful though.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-03-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
I have nothing but good to say about evogear. I have bought 2 slider boards for $99 a piece and a wetsuit for $25. Try finding a pro model wakeboard for $99.
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'll toss in my Evo praise as well here. Ordered a board and some bindings for a good friend of mine, got both in excellent condition for a great price with no problems to speak of. I like the idea of supporting the local shop and all, and with some places that is fine, but online prices are almost impossible to beat.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-08-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Bill, I could not agree with you more. For what we spend on this sport/hobby, the level of unprofessionalism is amazing.
Buying my boat was the only thing that went well, the stereo (Installation done incorrect) board racks (Don't fit properly) and gear (backordered, wrong color, shipped in multiple boxes, double billed) were all huge hassles, horrible customer service and IN MY OPINION...OVERPRICED! Too bad for me I'm addicted and just having to deal with it all.
--Happy Boating Bill!!!