Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
We need to get one more photo shoot in before Surf Expo and for the next Wakesurfing Mag. We got gas money, photographers, boards and "drinks". All we need now is riders and a boat with a wake. Let us know. 619-723-1417
Old    surfdad            08-23-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Dude, come to NorCal I'll take you out midweek on butter.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Jeff, is that an offer open to anyone? I'll be in Santa Cruz the 11th-17th for a contest and to get some footage and would be stoked to get the chance to ride with you and James.

(Message edited by caskimmer on August 23, 2006)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-23-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Chip,

Hit me up sometime. My schedule sucks eggs, but I try and get to San V at least 1-2 times/week. As long as it fits in schedule-wise (and the drinks are coming), might be able to help out. PM me.
Old    surfdad            08-23-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Sean you are always welcome to a pull, you don't even have to ask.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
chip,

what board are you guys riding ? i would like to try out some boards before i buy...

i will be heading out saturday and got a pretty good surf wake going on my 211 (jessica oswald pulled her first 360 on it at vail lake)..

were were you looking to ride ? there is san v and elsie available that i am aware of( there is a course pass available at elsie for $40 for the whole day)..

we can see if shannon and sean are available... they are pretty good..here are couple of pics..

will drop a email and see if we can touch base in the am...
Upload
Upload
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-24-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
Mike, I'm game to go out this weekend. Elsi, sounds good for Saturday. Sean is going Sunday with me and I think he bring a friend how an awesome skim boarder. Oh, they started making Steve and my new boards. Can't wait. Oh yeah, Sean and I are probable hitting San V at 1:00pm today.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-24-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Chip, I totally want to help you out but it's somewhat of a conflict of interest for me.

I'm currently getting boards taylormade to my riding style by one of my best friends- and I really don't want to mess that up.

I'm sure we can find some way to help you out. I just can't be appearing in any magazines on someone else's board.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
shannon...san v @ 1:00 ?? aggghhhh... i am jealous !!! anyone going out friday afternoon ?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
chip,

my apologies... i am new to wakesurfing and didnt know you manufactured surf boards (thought you were with the magazine)..

i am up for surfing and got the boat,extra lead and ballast for saturday..

btw, the nautie 211 throuws a pretty good regular and goofy surf wake..
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-24-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Mike,
So where you going Saturday and who you got going with you? Yeah, I'm going to San V today because I have a doctor appointment tomarrow at 1:00pm. Let me know. I gave Jeanne both my home & cell #'s.
Late
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-24-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, Chip Mike's boat does throws an awesome goofy foot wake.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
shannon,

depends...either elsie or san v...ru in ?

san v is deeper but crapier water conditions while elsie is more shallow at 15' but better water conditions in the channel...

what do you think?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-24-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
sean & shannon,

spoke with chip and it looks like elsie w/ a channel pass.

will be meeting at the north shore landing (the second one across from the high school at 6:15..it is camping / trailer grounds~ has a white brick entry)

if you would like to meet at my house (the 1/2 point) we can drive up together...

bring your boards & cd's!!!
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-24-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Sean, its all good. We'll just turn off the cameras for your runs. Any goofy footer is a friend of mine.

Jeff, nor cal is so far. maybe i could hitch a ride with a sigh, "jeffs boat or bust". Ill call ya. I really want you guys to ride our boards.

Buzz, thanx for helping out. Lets try and hook up in the next couple of week. Give me a call or e mail me your number.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-27-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
chip,

thanks for saturday.. i really learned alot..

we took out the surfbouards today and the general consusus was ..
WOW !!! NICE.... REALLY, REALLY, NICE !!!!

the 5'7" was the fave.. very fast, responsive, yet easy to ride..
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-28-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Mike,

Thanx for the ride. We had a blast. We got the shots we were looking for and more. Here are some shots from the day.

The wave was spectacular.

Look at the style and grace. You'd make a good team rider. (wink wink)

By the way, Mike is not a midget. That is the massive, not to mention, perfectly shaped wake he got out of his nauti 211.

Keep the boards for a while, Mike. We might be able to get up there this weekend if the offer is still on the table.
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Holy Cow!
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
NICE!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm so bumded that I missed out. We ended up demoing an Enzo on Saturday but weren't allowed to ride behind it.
Mike, Your wave look bigger. Is it the angle or did you put more wieght in the booat?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
chip.. your on (i also have your shoes, you left them in the boat)!!!!! i could not believe how big the wake got when we were pulling the guys from south africa (i would guess 3.5 feet, it was a massive wall)

we got the wake to "consistently" barrel (about 1/3 of it ) in the back on sunday.. it was beautiful !!!!!

teamrider ??? could i get a custom grey/blue board to match the boat ?

(Message edited by clubmyke on August 28, 2006)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
shannon,

yep- you were missed !!!! the wake is bigger...we added the fly high fat sacs and with 4-5 peps about 1/3 is barreling !!!!!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-28-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Mike,

Looks hot! I wish I could have been there. I would like to check those boards out also. Might have to hit up Elsie sometime. Only if you tip that boat over the other way though!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
buzz,

stripes are nice...very nice.. it is fast yet easy to ride..much differnt ride than the phase 5's we are used to..

btw, elsie sucks.. horrible lake, green slimy stuff in the water and smells bad too..rude people who power turn all over the place.. we wont ever go there again.

i might break down and set up the boat regular, but just for you...

(Message edited by clubmyke on August 28, 2006)
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-28-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Yeah you know how girls will leave something at your house after a date, so they have a reason to come back? So, i guess am guna have to come back and get my shoes.

Teamriders can have what ever they want on their boards. Maybe we can call your board the wallyjober. ..er... whats that word for tipping you boat?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
i had to look it up.. here is the meaning from the pseudodictionary..

caddywampus - It means kittycorner, or askew.