Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me about this lake? I'm considering relocating to this area and I'm curious about the lake. Is it good for wakeboarding? What are the water conditions like?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
One word, Gators
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
I have a friend who lives 2 min. form the lake. I was up there on memorial day last year. nice lake, you can find good water even on the holidays, not near as crowded as other lakes in that part of texas. But I think it's owned by the army corp of engineers???? or somehting like that , b/c you can't own property directly on the lake....maybe someone else can clarify this. But the party atmosphere is more laid back.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-04-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Yeah its definitely more of a family lake, but there is a decent party cove. Water super clear, but cold. Right now 63 degrees, where as house rivers are upper 70s for temps. Army says no docks on lake for residential. Not too many protected places to ride, but there are some. No bugs and fairly dry weather. Pretty nice place to vacation - I like going - I am going this weekend.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-04-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Mike, it's one of the most beautiful lakes in the south, but it is really big, and it tends to be windy out there alot of the time. However, there are some awesome lakes further down the Guadalupe on the East Side of New Braunfels that are perfect for riding: Dunlap, McQueeney, and Placid. Medina Lake on the other side of San Antonio is also a great place to ride.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-04-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
Ryan
McQueeney is to small and tomany bulkheads. The water is chopy but it is clean.
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-04-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Unless you're on dawn patrol or happen to be out in the middle of the week, you're 100% right Aaron. I get up to Canyon several times a year, and it's always been windy. That being said, you can still find some good pieces of water.

What part of the lake are you looking at buying property, Mike?