Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-28-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Does anyone out there own a 220, if so, what Pro's and Con's over the 210?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Pro - It's a Natique.
Con - It's a Natique.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Aden,
That might possibly be the most useless post I've ever seen.

Craig,
I don't own a 220 or a 210, but I have ridden both and here's what I can say:

210-
Pros: Huge, SUPER steep wake without crazy amounts of ballast. Fantastic handling. Proven interior wraparound layout.
Cons: Relatively small interior and storage (compared to other manufacturers, not necessarily the 220). No pylon for skiing (if you're into that kinda thing, I won't judge you)

220-
Pros: More storage than 210, and little differences like trash can, and over engine compartment. Ski pylon for the women. More 'friendly' wake for less experienced riders.
Cons: Unusual seating, great for while someone is riding, less ideal for floating and chilling. In my experience, the wake on the 220 is much more tempermental than the 210.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

-Steve
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Thank you, Steve.

Go with a Mastercraft. :-)

I'm not sure if it's Natiques in general, or just our local distributor, but they are junk. Still not as bad as Tiges however.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
Be nice on him folks he is only 17. He has lots of years to learn anything (please God let this kid learn anything). Wake wise, the 210 is leaps ahead of the 220. Nautiques are awesome boats and aside from the small interior the 210 is a perfect boat, tight handling, great tracking and a beast of a wake. Might be a little over priced but it is a top notch vessel.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
You might want to support your statements here a little bit. What exactly is it about Nautiques that you find to be "junk". Have you ridden behind the new 220? The 210? What did you think of those boats? That was the question initially asked right?

-Steve
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-28-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Steve, the ski pylon is an option on the 210.
Craig, I personally agree with what Steve has said. I have a 210, and have seen a demo (from the shore) of the 220. They're both great boats, but tell us what you are looking for, that might help us give you some more specific differences that may affect you the most.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Ryan,
You're absolutely right, I didn't know you could gat a 210 with a pylon. Checked the website and you can, although I've never seen one that has one.

-Steve
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
I think it was only the 226 that I rode behind, I can't keep track of their numbers. I hit my head on their ultra-low tower every time I walked past it, unlike the new Tige's with the super super high towers that you have to stand on the seat to get your rope set up.

And I am 17 also, be nice to me too :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
that's it? they're junk cause you hit your head on the tower on a 226?
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-28-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yah, we've used ours like 3 times, most of the people I know that ski are either semi-pro or collegiate competitors, so they tend to not like skiing behind the 210 very much, but could always be a good option for kids or people who just want to mess around.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
Joe, arguing over boat preferences is the exact same as trying to convince a domestic car man that imports are better in every way.

It's impossible.

Everyone has their reasons, all of them are bias that they heard from their friends, or from their Nautique dealer trying to sell them a Nautique.

I don't believe much I hear, including on this message board... MANY MANY people now days are the product of advertisements and gossip.

And yes, hitting your head on a 2.5" chunk of steel hurts like a _____. But maybe your 5'5" self wouldn't know :-)}}
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Guys, Craig already owns a 210. He knows all about them. He is considering a 220 and wants to hear what he would loose / gain by switching to the 220.

Going with an MC is unlikely for him. He's owned Nauti's forever.

Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-28-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Oh, no. Here we go again.

(Message edited by lionel on March 28, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Stay focussed....or go create a new arguement thread.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
well, the original poster wasn't asking for a comparison between two manufacturers. so your argument doesn't make much sense in this thread. had you posted that same argument in a nautique vs. mastercraft thread, then yeah, that would work.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Any way to edit posts?

I'm sick of reading my bad mood replies, as I'm sure everyone here is.

Sorry about that, I'll move on. Having a rough afternoon.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-28-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
What a tool.
Anyway, is there anything you would change about your 210? I haven't had the privelage of getting in a 220 (on the water) so i don't know about the wake. Reviews are saying that it is really nice, but then again they are bias. I would say go test drive that bad boy and invite me when you do it.

Just wondering what would be wrong with the seating when chillin on the water. It seems like it would still have more room than the 210. I know it is a weird configuration, but IMO, I think it looks like a good idea.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
"the wake on the 220 is much more tempermental than the 210."

Now that doesn't sound good. I think the 210 wake is a little too tempermental.
Old    s430luke            03-28-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
I peresonal like the 220 wake a lot, I talked to Watson and Rathy at the San Diego Rail Jam and they both cant wait to get their 220 next year. Rathy rides behind one every day. Just my 2 cents
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   

quote:

"the wake on the 220 is much more tempermental than the 210."

Now that doesn't sound good. I think the 210 wake is a little too tempermental.

I've ridden 210's many many times, and through trial and error we've figured the best ways to weigh the boat for an awesome wake. I've only ridden the 220 once, with 2 other people who had never ridden one before either. We started by setting it up similar to the way we would with the 210, and it wasnt working well... washing out because the distribution wasnt right. We played around with it some more but never really got it dialed. I should say that if we had gotten to mess with it a little bit more, we probably would have gotten it dialed in and it may have been as good as the 210.

-Steve
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2006, 9:31 PM Reply   
Hey Aden---keep it up and we'll start calling you Ryan.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Doesn't the 220 have that fugly transom and the weird seating in the boat by the transom? I think the boat was arranged poorly.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-29-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Hi All,

I wanted a comparison between the 210 and the 220
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-30-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
We tested the boat a couple of weeks ago and the first reaction when we saw it was that it looks A LOT better in person than from the pictures. The transom is not ugly at all and is actually usefull. We had a lot of weight in it and never got any water over the transom after coming of a plane. Also the little steps in it are useful to sit on to get into the bindings.
The other thing was the seating arrangement. We also did not like that at first. But after having been in the boat for a couple of hours it grew on us. We had 7 people in the boat and they were ALL facing the riders. We thought that was very cool.
They also have this little contraption they call a 'wakeplate' I believe. It is amazing what this thing does to the wake. It allows you to clean up the wake and shape it a little.
We did not have much luck with the weather on testing day, so the wake situation was not very clear.
Overall a very nice boat.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Ski Pylon on a 210....see bottom left corner...
Upload
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-03-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
I owned a 210 last year, and for me this was the perfect boat. Large, steep pro-level wakes, The wakes are also narrow making it easier to try new tricks and not have to worry about having enough speed to clear the wakes. I have tried the competition out, an my personal prefrence has always been the Nautique as the 210 is a proven, solid boat and I have experienced absolutley no maintenance issues.

I took delivery of my 220 4 weeks ago. This boat has loads of seating and storage space. The 220 is a big boat that handles and has the manuverability just like the 210. I was also impressed with how sporty the 220 looks in the water. In the past that was my turn-off to getting into a larger wakeboard boat. As for the wake, they are phenomenal. The wakes are larger than the 210 and a bit more rampy but a very firm wake giving the rider huge pop off the top of the wake. I was supprised that the wakes were so narrow behind the 220. Some of the other wakeboard boats I have ridden behind, the wakes are so wide they can be difficut to clear. I normally ride 70-75 ft with my 210. I have been riding 85ft behind the 220. This past weekend I got to experience the boat fully loaded down with people. The wake was insane. The hydrogate system allows the pitch and size of the wake to be altered. If the wake gets too big or steep, move the hydrogate lever forware to make the wakes more rampy. The wake seemed to me to be more consistent than the 210 and not as sensitive to people moving around in the boat. I definitley reccommend the SAN 220.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-03-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
I will let you know my opinion on the 220 if it ever stops raining in Seattle.

Upload
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-04-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Brian,

Do you add extra ballast over the factory? If so, how much and where? Did you add extra ballast on your 210? The reason I ask is, we ride the 210 with a lot of extra weight, we really like the wake big, fairly steep with lots of pop!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-04-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
Finially... someone with a solid review of a 220.
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-04-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
My neighbors at the lake took delivery of their new 220 this weekend and i rode behind it this past saturday. The stock wakes is above average skinny and a nice shape. I did notice to be pretty tempermental but thats probably due to it being tall and skinny compared much less tempermental boats like the xstar and vlx which are short and fat which makes it harder to change the position of the hull. Overall I feel nautique did a good job and people shouldn't bash it until they ride it and see it in person.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-04-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
To answer the question about extra ballast, In my 210 I ran 300 in the front, 100 midship, 300 in the rear and 2-3 people in the boat. If there was 5 or more people, I would start emptying rear ballast so the wake was not too steep. I use leadheadz weights.

In my 220 I put 200 in the front, 50 midship and 450 in the rear. The theory was that putting the weight in the rear would make the wake steeper much like the 210 wake as that is what I am used to. With 2-3 people in the boat this arrangement is prerfect. Whth 6 people I would reccommend moving some fof the rear ballast forward. The cool thing about the 220 is that if you have a couple of fat dudes camped out in the rear of the boat, just move the hydrogate forward (about half way) and the wake becomes more rampy and not too steep.
Old     (bughunter)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-05-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Have you looked at the Hydrogate on the bottom of the transom. It is very simple and small. I had expected something like th Tigé TAPS or similar, but it is a very small vertical plate that goes up and down. I was surpsied how much difference it makes in the wake-shape.