Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-26-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
I will be visiting Sanantonio This Friday for 5 days. I want to hit up the Texas ski ranch while I am there. DO I need to bring anything or can I just rent it? Im thinking about going durring the week so its not crowded
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
you can rent all the stuff if you want but the choices werent that great. things to remember is they make you wear a helmet ,you cant have aluminum or large fins on your boards ,and you have to have wear an approved vest..
Old     (redhedstepchild)      Join Date: May 2003       02-27-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Too bad you missed the FreezeRide-finals were yesterday and it was kickass!! next weekend it's supposed to be in the 80's though.
If you want to be comfortable, bring your own set up. If you just want to experience the cable, you can rent everything you need there, but I don't think you can hit the sliders or kickers with the rental stuff.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
TSR is closed during the week until it gets a little warmer. You can check the website for hours.

http://www.texasskiranch.com/wake/index.html
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
You can not ride with fins if you plan on hitting rails or ramps.

They do offer rental boards that you can slide with.

Come 2 Oklahoma and check out our cable park when we get it finished up!

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-27-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
you can hit the sliders with fins, they have to be plastic, no metal.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-27-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Well I know there are really good riders there...will I feel stupid not being that great a rider? I mean I have never cabled, I cant think it would be much different?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
don't worry about it. i completely suck, but i never feel like i'm in the way or anything. and there's always been other people who are similar in skill to me, so i've never felt out of place, and you're probably a lot better than me. just as long as you don't continually fall at the start (it takes once or twice to get used to), it's all good. if you're there this saturday, you'll probably see me
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-27-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
Alright Jeff.....I probabbly will, i will be the guy that looks like Tom Cruise with the real toned muscluar body Doing Raleys off the kickers...ha ha ha
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-27-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
Alright Jeff.....I probabbly will, i will be the guy that looks like Tom Cruise with the real toned muscluar body Doing Raleys off the kickers...ha ha ha
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Jeff and Daniel.........there's a group of us from Dallas headed down Saturday to TSR as well. I'll be rockin the Randy Harris board and baseball lid helmet.......come say hi!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
i don't know, zack. i called you a stereotypical red raider on dallaswakeboarding...you might kick the crap out of me
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Maybe.......but a free icy cold Bud Light would sure help to cure those feelings
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
daniel, you don't have to worry about the pros, there quick to help and give tips to those of us who suck. I guarantee you there'll be at least one person there (especially if I bring my girlfriend) eating it off the dock trying to learn.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-28-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
There is a bunch of footage from the Texas Ski Ranch here:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=292&ImageID=2

Including me eating crap!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
daniel, just to let you know, TSR has re-opened for weekday use, so you can go friday or saturday now.

zack, sorry man, still 20. how about an iced tea?
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Jeff.......you still planning on being there tomorrow? If so look for us.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-03-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Hey I am sitting at the quality inn in salt lake city. I missed my connecting flight to Sanantonio so I will not be at the ski ranch on Saturday but I will be there on Sunday...not that anyone cares
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
i actually just got back from the ski ranch. we decided it was the college thing to do to skip friday classes rather than saturday parties. we rode for six hours straight, from open to close and have the bruises to prove it. if you were planning on bringing a spring suit or wetsuit, you might not end up wearing it. they pumped a bunch of water, so with that and the week of sunshine, the water temp was in the low 70's
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
ps, with the water up, everything is open again. have you seen the new rail yet? holy crap that thing is sick. i didn't see anyone getting anywhere to close to a full pull on that thing, and there were some good riders out there today