Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    ausbill32            02-09-2006, 10:12 PM Reply   
Hey All,

I've a found dealer that prices these both around the same maybe 1k difference but I'm throwing that out of the equation.

I'm seriously having a hard time deciding between these two boats. The Supra is stacked like a lexus but feels a bit small inside versus the XLV which has mega room but not the plush interior.

I'm not concerned with towing I have newer chevy tahoe with the 5.3 rated to 8000lbs.

I generally went out with 5 people or more on my old boat and it felt cramped. Supra is bigger than my old boat by 2.5 feet which is easily noticed but more noticable is the awesome interior. I don't know. I am suppose to close on the Supra 21v tomorrow but am leaning toward the XLV again just for size. Anyone have some thoughts or input?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
What state are you?
Old    ausbill32            02-09-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Austin, Texas
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-10-2006, 1:26 AM Reply   
Will, I cant speak for the Supra I know they are great boats but have never ridden in one. But I do have an XLV and I can tell you it is really nice to have all that room, especially when you have 7-8-9-10 people in the boat with a couple coolers. Yeah it is cool to have some nice looking interior but when it comes down to it, it's just some bling. The interior on the XLV is very comfortable just doesnt have that OMG look to it. Also the wake is enormous as is I am sure the Supra, handles well and drives thru the roughest of water very easy. Good luck with your decision
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
get the supra unless your needed to carry 8 people all the time ...supra is an awesome boat with plenty of size and storage witrh a pro caliber wake...

xlv is a nice boat ridden behing it many times but i like the supra just a bit better,slight edge..
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
That's a really tough decision. I have a 21V and have a buddy with an XLV. Both great boats with great wakes. I personally like the 21V wake, interior and styling...but you'd need to choose what's best for you. IMO, you can't make a bad decision here.

Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
William, I was kind of in the same postion. I had a 02 Outback with was a great boat but I wanted to go to a vdrive. I was thinking of either the new 06 LSV or a 05 Supra SSV 22. After reviewing both I went with the SSV because of resale down the road. We go out with 6 on a regualar basis and room is no problem.

In regards to will you truck pull either of these yes. They are both rated under 6,000 lbs towing.

Old    ausbill32            02-10-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the comments....probably going to go with the 21v. I have to decide by noon so I'll let you all know when I join the family....thanks for the quick responses
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
William,
Just for reference, What Price are we talking here. How much for both boats out the door?

I was at the boat show recently and was comparing the two boats as well. The 21v the way I wanted it was about $50K out the door w/ taxes and dealer prep. The Moomba XVL loaded with the same options was Less than $44K Out the door.
Options were:
Performace package ( Wakeplate, 325hp engine, Perfect Pass)
Appearance Package ( Stainless rub rail, Docking Lights, Pull up cleats, Padded Trailer guides)
Bimini
Cover
Heater
Wakeboard Racks
3 bag Ballast System
3 year warranty
Dual axle trailer with swingaway tongue.

All of these options were on both boats.

I Have been a 2 time Supra Owner with my last being a SSV. The 21v IS a nice boat with tons of storage. It is more refined inside with more bling but funtionally the Moomba is just as good. The room in the XLV is amazing. ( a funny story - My five year old at the boat show climbed in the Drivers side rear compartment and crawled underneath the seating and came out by the drivers feet.)

Both great boats and you cant go wrong with either.
Old    ausbill32            02-10-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
thanks for everyones comments and for those of you who responded or sent me emails on this topic. I elected to go with the 21v and ordered it in all black. It'll be 4-6 weeks before I'll have the pics. Diggs gets first shot and those for the all black. Thanks again...
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
My new Moomba just got here today, HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
post some pics pops did ya get the white on white?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-10-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Randy. Randy here. I need to show my son your profile pic of your son to get him motivated. I'm like you, old, so I have no talent.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
Hey Dan you been riding? I hear the river has a lot of junk in it right now. I let Alex pick the colors and he went with the Gravity Games colors. I will post some pictures when I pick it up, it just came off the truck. Jerry and I uncovered it and checked it out, lovin it. BTW how does your stereo sound?
Dudeman, I hear you, find myself riding less and surfing more, easier on the old body. How old is your son?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-11-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Randy. Hoping to try surfing real soon. My son just turned 13. All the talent in the world and no motivation.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-18-2006, 3:23 AM Reply   
The Hulls of both boats come off the same assembly line at skiers choice. Even the guys laying the hull don't know if it's for a Moomba or a Supra. Supra has more bling. Moomba has earlier Supra interior and little things like plastic cup holders instead of stainless. Depends on what you want to spend the money on.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-18-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
Can a 21V's wake compare to the XLV? I haven't ridden behind a 21V, but am interested to hear comments from someone besided WBM. The XLV is nice at long line lengths and huge but the write ups I've seen say the 21V needs to be ridden at 60-65'-yuck.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-18-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
i have a 21v. u need to ride at @ 65' if its unweighted. with loaded ballast (@ 2300lbs) we ride from 70-80'. the wake is steeper than most, but with a rampy feel to it. you can tame it down with the wakeplate for beginners if needed. so far it is the best wake i've ridden. i've owned a moomba & 3 supras. i have never ridden behind the xlv, but have heard its more like a ssv.

look for a pic that Diggs posted of his wake & see what u think. it is freakin' huge!

(Message edited by wake eater on February 18, 2006)
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-18-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Thats what the write-ups say, 65 ft. I've ridden it at 70' and could go out to 75' no problem. I really didn't like that review where they said 60'. I don't know where they were coming from on that.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-19-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Thanks Jon and Chuck. I hope to find one to ride behind this summer. I