Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-24-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
I've been putting a lot of thought into upgrading the soundsystem in my V210 this winter. Here's what I'm looking at and am looking for a little input:

-Pair of NVS Addictions on the tower with a Zapco Reference 500.1 powering them. I saw someone else here had this setup. Is the 500.1 a good match for power? I haven't measured the clearance for the bimini top, anyone know if the Addictions hang too low on the Proflight tower?
-JL 10W7 at the drivers seat kick panel. I already have a JL 1000/1 sitting around that will power this. No questions on this I know how it will sound.
-Two pairs of JL XR650-CXi 6.5" coaxials with a JL 300/4 powering them. How do the XRs hold up to the elements? Grant I know you've installed a ton of these. The stock mounting locations on the V210 can get wet on occasion.
-Clarion CMD4 head unit. Did a search, everyone seems happy with it. I already am prepared to make a new trim piece because it's footprint is different from the Clarion unit I currenly have.
-One optima D34M blue top dedicated to the stereo. I don't sit around cranking the stereo too often, will one blue top do the trick?
-Upgrade to 130 amp alternator. Grant do you still have a contact with Auto Electric for upgrading my stock alt? I read a couple posts where you recommended this.

I'm planning on doing the install myself, any advise will help from you stereo experts out there.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-24-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
this is the 808s
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-24-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
That's the boat I saw. Sweet setup. Have you tried putting up a bimini with that setup? What components are you running? Any water problems with the stock locations?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-24-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Ryan - When did you get a V210???? What about a Nauti? And why weren't you out riding with us this morning?

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-24-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Laci, long time no talk. I moved out to Issaquah this summer on West Lake Sammamish, got a view of the water, and couldn't live without having a boat. I looked at the Sanger, got a couple pulls behind one, and it was the boat for me at about $20k less than the Nautique. I bought it in late August, drove down to Cali to pick it up and hit up Shasta on the way back. Unfortunately right when I got the boat work got busier and I only made it out on Sammamish a couple times. I pulled it over the pass every weekend to ride on the Columbia though and put about 40 hours on it. Here's my e-mail RERantz@hotmail.com, I lost your number when I washed my cell phone with a pair of jeans. Looks like you guys had a blast today, I'm over in Eastern Washington for the holidays.