Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
I just wanted to send out a HUGE thanks to everybody that helped us out with our TV shoot on Wednesday. We managed to squeeze in enough footage for three different TV shows featuring Sean O'Brien, Mike Schwenne, Jimmy Wolf, Reed Watson and introducing 4-year-old Jared. We have all of you to thank.

Buzz (and his usual crew of ladies) and Uncle Bill (with crew of Blabel and Jared), thanks for bringing out the boats. Josh, thanks for traveling so far and working the grill. Kevin, thanks for launching and lunching (picking up the meat). Paula, thanks for filling the fat sacs (see photo)! :-) Chris, thanks for taking some great pics. Our host Crystal, producer Stu and crew of Lindsey and John, thanks for coming out and documenting it all. Bruce Hubbard from On The Edge, thanks for providing insurance. Ranger Patrick, thanks for being incredibly accommodating.

Last, but not least, thanks to the riders that had to do a lot of waiting around (especially while "hottie" Sean O'Brien endured his two-hour interview). They were all very patient and rode like their boardshorts were on fire!

Here are a few pics by Chris Resnick. We'll have some video clips, more pics and air times for the shows as soon as their available.

If I left anybody out, then I'm an idiot! Thanks again to everybody!!

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-28-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
Very cool Dave! We were out last week and saw Mike and Reed out there practicing, getting ready for the shoot (maybe some of the others too, but we didn't recognize them right away). I talked to Kevin on thursday, he said those guys go off, can't wait to see some more footage!!!

-Steve
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
Yeah, nothing quite prepares you for watching guys like these in person. It really can't be captured on video.

It was really funny when Jimmy asked for a double up and the host, Crystal, asked what a double up was. Kevin was trying to describe it, but Crystal wasn't really grasping it as Sean started driving it. Right when it looked like Kevin was going to give up on the explanation, Jimmy hit one of the biggest double ups I've ever seen. I was in the front of the boat watching him ABOVE the tower! I then looked at Crystal and said, "Do you understand now?"

With jaw on the floor, she simply nodded in the affirmative.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       10-28-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
Haha, it would have been great if they got that whole set-up and her resulting reaction on film. What show is this for Dave? Will it be shown locally? Did they give you any idea of when it would be on?

-Steve
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Two of the shows are Planet X (http://www.planetxtv.com) and The X Corps (http://www.xcorpstv.com) and they will be shown locally, usually on Channel 4. The other is on Current network based in L.A. I guess it's a new News channel that goes into 20 million homes.

I'll post the channels throughout the country along with the show times as soon as I get them.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-28-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
sweet! i gotta check that out...i mean it is my home lake...well not lately, too many wallies.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
more pictures more pictures more pictures more pictures more pictures more pictures more pictures !!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-28-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
Thanks again Dave.

Although I didn't see too much of the riding, it was cool riding in front of Schweene (one of my fav's). I was a little nervous
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-28-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
It looks like I'm filling the fat sac with myself there. The truth is, I wasn't paying attention and the thing blew up! Sorry Dave, but Thank You so much for having me come out!

Yup, Jimmy on the double up was amaizing!!

Jared, too cute, as soon as the shoot was done he was out like a light.

Great Day:-)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       10-28-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Damn-it!!! I wanted to be there so bad... Oh well. Sounds like ya'll had a great time... Good to hear. Nice pics.

-Blake
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
That's the first time I've seen a fat sac actually blow up from being filled too much. Too funny!

Brian, sorry you didn't get to see much of the riders. Now that we've done it once, we'll be more organized next time and make sure everybody gets a good view. At least you got to see Reed Watson ride. I missed that one!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-28-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Cool! You definitely had a solid line up!

Also looks like you guys had some good weather down there... What's the water temp these days?

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Yeah, I guess I forgot to thank Mother Nature for the weather! It's been cloudy and foggy all week and it only cleared up on the one day we needed it to. Besides having the entire lake to ourselves, Mr. Wind didn't show up until the last hour of the day! It was pretty sweet.

It's a deep lake, so it holds temperature pretty well. It was in the low 70's.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-28-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
Blabel's human water temp thermo said it was about 70 (usually pretty accurate!)

Dave: It was cool to see Reed ride, he was trying wake to wake shuvits... whoa, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
That was a fun day...always great to meet Wakeworld locals and of course to see talent like Mike Schwenne, Jimmy Wolf, Sean O'brien and Reed Watson ride.

Buzz--your Malibu is sick!

Thanks for the burgers David!

Josh

(Message edited by scws on October 28, 2005)
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-28-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have those Rusty boardies. That's all that I have to say.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I have been anxiously awaiting them.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-28-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
Big props to WakeWorld on this one. Dave awesome job pulling everyone together. Can't wait to see the finished piece! Jimmy and Sean it was awesome meeting you guys, Jimmy look forward to lappin you again on the carts ha ha ha it's on like donkey kong Sean try to make it back out this winter surf that break I showed you. Go big in the video shoot @ the Delta. Thanks again Dave for being such a gracious host!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
Better late then never with a response.

Dave,

Thanks a bunch for having me and the BU out (and my crew!). It was a GREAT time. Being one of 4 boats on the lake was the best. I was bummed I did not get to see Mike or Reed ride, but being on the chase boat and getting that close to Sean and Jimmy was SICK! Especially with the ranger watching and not chasing me down. They almost looked like they were going to land in my boat!

Great hanging with everyone. Hope we can do this kind of stuff again soon. Had a blast!

Great pics Chris!

Can't wait to see the show!
Old    obsurfer            11-03-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
Ok its always a slow torture to see such good conditions. Could you just leave it at a few pics. Ok maybe no slow motion to rub it in. Just 4 boats in warm water. Do I really want to see it. I'm a Cry Baby.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-04-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
Great day definetly.. Thanks Dave for the being the host a of incredible day. Nothing like having the entire lake to yourself. Yeah thaose guys were kiliing it!!! I had more fun watching I didnt need to even ride myself, although I kinda regret it now, remebering how much glass there was to had. I had never seen san V so glassy for so long. Thanks again and great to see every one again.. Too many names to list!!! Let us know when the show will be on ok Dave!!!

(Message edited by big x-star on November 04, 2005)