Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 7:42 PM Reply   
i like the sound of the nvs and i was wondering if the have a diffrent style, something a little more appealing , or if they could do some custom applications,if so i would love some light weight and not so bulky thank you for you time and any info is greatly appreciated
Old    justsomeguy            09-26-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
Define "appealing."
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
i dont know, diffrent looking maybe, thanks again
Old    mendo247            09-26-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
personally.. i think nvs are the baddest looking speaker out there.. who cares how they look.. you cant see them from the other side of the lake anyways.... (but you know they can hear yaa)
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
richard thank you so much for you thoughts, but can anybody answer my question thank you
Old    mendo247            09-26-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
have you looked at skylons...(deafcon V)..ive heard they are lighter and use some of the same ideas as nvs.. just not as loud...
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
ok cool thanks do you know where i can find them at
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-26-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
take the components to your local stereo shop and have them design something...be prepared to drop some serious $$$$$.
Old    justsomeguy            09-26-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
"diffrent looking maybe"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, hence my rhetoricical question about defining "appealing."

Get it?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
The horn drivers are deep. I think that is part of the reason for the big, bulky look. I don't see any way to use 4 10s and still keep it small.

You can go smaller, but they will sound smaller. There's no substitute for the NVS.

Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-26-2005, 11:27 PM Reply   
This question came up before. And Duane's response was to contact him with your ideas. He is willing to do anything you want. He has done custom paint and what not. But he said he would do custom work. For the right money I am sure.

And check Wakeside.com for info and pics of the Skylon speakers.
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 11:46 PM Reply   
THANKS GUYS FOR SOME INFO I REALLY APPRECIATE I HAVE SOME IDEAS NOW . I WAS LOOKING EARLIER AND I SAW SOME COOL SET UPS I SAW FUSION ARE THEY ANY GOOD
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
ya the fusion sound good, but they are not even close to the nvs in volume. or like adam said get the parts and talk to your local shop and help them design something more appealing to you. i will say that (imo) the pics of nvs do them no justice. they are a sight to behold.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
How about getting a set of NVS on your tower. Then get a few hot girls to ride with you. That way no one will be looking at your speakers and you will have the sound you like and all will be good.

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-27-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
YA , free hott chicks with every pair on NVS, hook it up Duane
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-27-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
You guys are killing me.
OK, sounds awesome. Now I just need some phone #'s from you ballers out there.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
Duane... one needs the speakers to get the #'s. that's a catch 22 if I've ever seen one!
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-27-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
Joe? is that true what Levi says? I've seen that pic with all the hotties on your ride.
I will say that we've passed many a dock or other boats and suddenly see some hotties up danc'n.
One I'll not soon forget was leaving Woody's at Diso Bay one late evening. We were 5 mph past the gas pumps and 2 hotties got from from what seemed like no where and started dancing under a lamp post. We slowed down to watch them get pretty crazy while taking some clothes off.
I've paid good money for lesser shows than that.
Sorry for being off topic....carry on.
D out
Old    bigthunder            09-28-2005, 5:39 AM Reply   
I purchased the Addiction series with the AudioBahn grills. I've received several positive comments. These bad boys sound great! My only despair is trying to run the speaker wires for the second set of Addictions that are soon coming:-)
addicitons
addcition 2