Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    crystal1            08-05-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Looking at a 2001 Malibu SunKicker 21'9", with a 325 HP Fuel Injected engine.

Seller advirtising it as a Wakesetter, while the decal says "Sun Kicker" ... Are these the same ?

By the way, boat in good condition, has 320 hours, but does not have PerfectPass .... is $31,000 a good fair price ?

Thanks

Thanks
Old     (mikerod29)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-05-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
Sunkicker is just a sticker, it's really a DD wakesetter, dame difference. Price seems a little high though, saw a 2k VLX will all the bells & whistles for 30k the other day and that is in NOR*CAL where I'm located. The boat had approximately the same number of hours as well. Look up boattraderonline for better NADA values though for your area.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-05-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
the 2001 dd and sunsetter vlx boats had a different hull than the wakesetter or wakesetter vlx.

I would stay away from that one, you can find 98-2000 VLX's for 25-30k.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-07-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
the hull is the same as the current V-ride/I-ride. It makes a great wake, you just have to add a lot of weight and change the prop. I ran 250 lbs lead in the bow, 750 lbs lead under rear seat and two 500 lbs. sacks on either side of the motor. The price does sound quite high--I sold mine in January for 26K with PP, Titan tower, racks, bimini, 3K stereo, new decals, 170 hrs. in new condition!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-07-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
does anyone know which years what boats had the sv23 or sv23d hulls ?

I cant seem to find the chart that had them listed.

(Message edited by ttuclint on August 07, 2005)
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-08-2005, 6:00 AM Reply   
I think there is a .pdf on http://www.themalibucrew.com or http://www.wakesiderides.com

Jeff