Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Ok Im trying to sort our all of the Correct Craft hulls.
1.Which year sport nautique is the same as the currect SAN?
2.Which hull did the 95-97 Sport Nauqique have?
3.Is the only difference in a Super Sport and a Sport is the SS is a V-drive and Sport id DD?
4. What is the diff in pre 95 sport or SS nauitque?
5. Also what did they change after 97?
Sorry for all the questions, but I gave #'s so you can just answer the ones you know. Im looking at some boats and just want to know exactly what I want when I get ready to buy. thanks! Clay
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-02-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
My understanding is the 1993-1997 Sport Nautiques all used the same hull. This hull is the same to the water as the SAN. But the SAN hull is deeper.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
I don't think they used the same hull until 95. All SS have the same hulls as the SAN, but the sport only had the same hull for a few years and I think it was after 95. The only difference between the sport and SS of those years is the engine placement. I have a 95 SS and love it. If you are considering a sport you should really think about going with the SS instead. I think you will be happier. The pre 95 sport had a more shallow hull. I have the FCT, PP and a ballast system in my SS. It's basically a SAN for a whole lot less. It is the best bang for your buck out there IMO.
Old    wickedwake            08-03-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
I would love to go with a SS. And I am still probably a year out from buying a boat. But I like to research the mess out of something before I buy. Maybe in a year those SS's will be dropping closer to my price range. How do you weight you SS? I hear they love weight in the rear.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
1100 in the rear, 750 in the locker and 500 in the bow and I am still looking for about 2-300 lbs in lead to move around in the boat to balance the wake. Too much weight in the rear and you get a really, really steep wake. It is very important to evenly weight a SS or SAN from back to front.

Another good site is planetnautique.com. There are a few members who did just what I did with mine. It was a ton of help and there are some great threads on installing a ballast, PP, etc.

The SS will be a little more then a regular sport, but I think you will be happy that you spent the extra money for the vdrive. You really can't go wrong either way though, they are both great boats.
Old    wickedwake            08-03-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
That sounds like a killer setup Scott! You dont happen to have any pictures of that wake do you?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yeah it is killer. I don't really have any that do it justice or of just the wake. I'm riding behind it in my profile pic.
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-03-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I got my info from previous posts. Using the search I came up with these:

ok, these hulls are the same as the present day Super Air. So, yes, with some weight they will produce the identical wake as a brand new SAN.

1993-1997 - Sport Nautique
1995-1999 - Super Sport Nautique

By Jeff Randol (jrandol) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 6:20 am:

I am looking at a 94 Sport Nautique in a few weeks. Does anyone have pictures of the wake at slalom and wakeboard speeds on a boat like this?

By David (tparider) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 8:20 am:

The 94 sport has the same hull as the present day Super Air, so I wouldn't worry about getting any pics, just buy 3-4 sacks and you will have a world class wake.

By FL SurfLover (flsurflover) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 5:35 pm:

A CC dealer explained that the 93-97 Sports have the same wetted surface hull as the 95-04 Super Sports, and the 99-04 SANs. The sides of a Super Sport and SAN are higher, especially in the back because of the extra weight in the rear. But the bottom part of the hull that touches the water is the same shape, so if weighted equally, they should all throw similar wakes. The SS and SAN are better for wakeboarding because 1) the v-drive puts most of the weight in rear so the stock wake is much better than the Sport, and 2) to weight the Sport the same as the SS and SAN, you must put fat sacs in the limited floorspace, whereas the SS and SAN can put weight on either side of the engine and retain all floor space. In '98 they changed the hull of the Sport to a hull that wasn't as good for wakeboarding. Did they ever change it back or is the Sport still a different wetted-surface hull?
Old    wickedwake            08-03-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Great post Kevin! Thanks for clearing that up! Clay