Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    robertt            08-02-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
I added tower speakers and an amp, and changed the configuration of just about all of my wiring. The stock 6.5" speakers are giving me trouble.

When its loud, and there is a shot of bass, I hear a loud pop type of sound. I don't like it.

Any ideas? Could it be that the cone is hitting the cover? I don't think that's the case, it sounds like something else.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
turn on the crossover and set it about 150 hz
Old    robertt            08-02-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks. I have two amps, the stock Clarion (4 channel), and a sub amp.

I have the tower speakers bridged onto the "front" connections of the amp, and the stock in the boat speakers on the rear side.

any further input as far as crossover settings?
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
cross the sub between 65 and 100 depending on size and enclosure. cross the highs 110 to 150 depending on size and power handeling. turn gains all the way down bring the deck up to 2/3 volume than bring the gains up till the spks just start to distort and go back just a smidge.this should give a pretty good sound and be close to the best sound
Old    robertt            08-02-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Cool, I will try it tonight.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-02-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
adjust the corssover is right. you are hitting the stops on your speakers
Old    robertt            08-02-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
I will. thanks again guys.

In the event the settings noted above do not solve it, which way do you turn it to cure the problem (in other words up or down)?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-02-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
if you know where the 3/4 mar is on your deck, turn the amp gains down a bit or if you do not want to mess with the gains...turn the crossover all the way clockwise and start turning it clockwise until you get to about 150 hz. it would be best to get a hard hitting song and start moving the crossover until you just hear the popping and then turn it back a hair till it stops.