Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    52wknds            08-01-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
not much to look at but the graphics are funny,
x1 does not apppear to have pickle but who knows, any way these look pretty legit and a few look inside the factory

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
IMO, those Xstar graffics are gonna kill sales. I'm actually not liking any of them too much. The other are to simple, almost budget/price point looking.
Old    doubleup1080            08-01-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
X1 is the current X2, while the new X2 supposedly has cathedral hull.
Old    orgborn            08-01-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
i think that those new graphics are so much better than anything else out there. The space ship crap in 04 the spider man 05 i really like these new clean lines enough with the 600 hundred dollar ugly as of the past. maybe they will have a catalog of aftermarket stickers to add on later. look at nautiques they look so sick with there big n mastercraft was needing this. The only people who liked the graphics of the past were the gas station guys and there nice but probably retarded
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-01-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
1. The X-1 is the old X-2, never was going to be picklefork. The new X-2 is the pickelfork boat and is not pictured here.

2. You still have the option of ordering the boat with the old style graphics, so this isn't going to hurt sales.

FWIW, I do not like the new graphics either.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Those scribbled xstar graphics are I don't even know what. Not attractive.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
That X-45 is sick!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
Out of all the pics I think the x45 looks the best. But definitley not impressed with the x star spray paint graphics.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
I am not bashing the graphics, but thought would be interesting to figure out their (MC) thought process behind it. For example:
wakeboarders = young punks that like to tag (grafitti) things
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
All of the graphics looks inovative and different period. I have to praise MC for doing something out of the norm and taking a bold step out of the tribal , chrome effects. I think the clean simple graphics (with the exception of the Xstar) are very nice. They seem to stand out of the typical wakeboard boat graphics.

(Message edited by pierce_bronkite on August 01, 2005)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
i really love the x3o and 45 graphics and think they are some of the cleanest looks out there. Although the x star graphics are different
(i dont like them) i will give mastercraft praise for trying to do something different. Every boat is beginning to look the same and im sick of the tribal.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Those are the ugliest graphics I've seen on ANY boat! It doesn't even follow the line in the tooling. With MCs dough, they could come up with something innovative and appealing.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-01-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
I saw a 2006 X-2 this weekend on the water in Clemson, SC as I was trailering by. It was all orange, with a white block on the back with an orange X-2 written in it. It also had an orange bimini (which I had never seen before). Anyway, I'm not a fan of the new graphics but this boat did look pretty good...oh, it had the pickle fork front in case anyone was unsure of what front the X-2 was going to have.

I'm not sure who's boat it was...it must have been a delearship or something, but someone was riding behind it. I was also about 3-4 hours away from Vonore TN where the factory is, so that may have had something to do with it too.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Are those the graphics for the '06 X-Star or did someone vandalise the boat while it was on a trailer! ;)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Those graphics SUCK! Glad I bought an 05
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Oops, those colors suck. Damn, what were they thinking!

That X1 looks like something a 10 year old did in his garage.
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
I guess they are going for the more sophisticated modern art look. Its a museum piece, not a wakeboard boat
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2005, 4:38 PM Reply   
I think it will grow on people. I like them. It is something new. The X-series boats have looked the same for years. Plus it looks like the graphics are glassed in. I am over all of the boats havin the cheap ass lookin stickers, that are all f$*&ed up after 50 hours. I can't wait to see what the wake will be like behind the new X-2's.
Old    socalgrl79            08-01-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
Not a fan of the graphics at all.

-Amy
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
I don't like any of those graphics at all..uh..
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
I saw an orange and white xstar with the graphics above on the interstate near orlando about 2-3 weeks ago, but it was at night and I was driving so I wasn't really sure how the graphics would look. I thought it was a custom boat painted boat.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
To be honest with you, I didn't really like any of the graphics in pics, but in person, really liked them. It's like anything else, you have to live with them for a bit. You know the first time you hear a song you don't really care, and then a week later you are turning it up, dancing like a white boy, saying "that's my jam!" Or maybe that's just me.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-01-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
Wow, I really like the graphics, especially the X-Star! I like it when companies completely rethink the way everybody else has been doing it. It gives them a very unique look, which is something I'd want when I'm shelling out big dollars for a boat. Nice work!!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
I too have been blessed with the white boy rhythm Travis.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-01-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
As far as looks go MC has typically produced nicer looking boats than Nautique, for once the Nautiques might even look better than the MCs this year? (I'm a Nautique guy)

Somebody would have to give me a huge discount to choose that X-Star over either of the two beautiful X-Stars that were on Lake McClure last weekend. One was candy red, the other was black, both were much nicer looking boats than anything in these pictures.

Interesting that the only strong positive comments about these graphics were posted by young men.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
I'll say it again...white X2, with a simple black graphic. It would look like a "generic" wake boat. Totally cool and goes with every color tow vehicle.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-01-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
those graghics are butt ugly
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Mikeski-that was a sick X star, candy apple red with metallic flakes with I believe some black in it.

I think the graphics are unique and offer a fresh change. I am also tired of seeing all the tribal designs. However, I dont like the spray paint look. Seeing that you can still get the old graphics I think it gives you way more options and lets people use there individual tastes.
Old     (wrgodsend)      Join Date: May 2005       08-01-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
Uggh!! I think Mastercraft has completely missed their market. The people that have the money to spend on a brand spankin new MC are not going to like those graphics. I'm sorry Mastercraft (i hope you guys are reading these posts) I think that this was definitely a move in the wrong direction. The new Malibus are a much sexier and cool looking boat.
By the way, I own an 04 X-Star.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
I think these new graphics are sick... you'll be able to tell the 06 models from the 05's, the 04's etc. Give em some credit for trying something new.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-01-2005, 10:16 PM Reply   
does that X30 have some sort of wake plate?
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2005, 10:25 PM Reply   
Graphics = GAY
Old    whirly            08-02-2005, 12:55 AM Reply   
Everyone thought the pickle fork was ugly at first, and some still do, but many have changed their minds at least to some degree. Everyone hates the new graphics now... overtime may change. I give MC props for actually doing something new instead of a slightly different colored and shaped X logo in the middle of the boat. I'd say it certainly sets it apart from every other boat manufacturer with some logo in the 'center'.. and I think it might look pretty cool in the water
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-02-2005, 4:41 AM Reply   
Why thank you, Mikeski!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
I think a lot of people just arent used to the change in graphics. Change is never accepted with open arms, it takes a while for someone to accept it. Although I am a graphics designer, I sometimes see stuff in a different light than other people.
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
They are all sick!!!! It is just somthing new that will for sure grow on everyone. I mean come on it is Master Craft.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-02-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
To this day I don't understand how pretty cool people with reasonably good taste turn into backwoods rednecks when it comes to wake boats.

I don't see anyone driving around with huge FORD, DODGE, or CHEVY emblems draped across the hoods of their trucks. When is the last time you saw a nice truck with a huge F350 in florescent colors draped down the entire side of the truck??? If you saw this, you'd think the guy was whacked.

Now put that same guy in a boat on the water and all of a sudden he needs huge emblems and multiple flashy colors all down the sides of his 40k-60k ride.

One of the first things I did with my boat was to remove the ridiculously huge stickers.

My suggestion, sell the boats with no graphics at all. Let the lines of the boat do the BLING talking.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-02-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
They have boldly gone where no one else has gone before with the graphics. Only time will tell. At first you want to say holy sh*t, but you would have to think that they did some kind of marketing research testbed study to see if these would fly. I think they grow on people,except the x1, that needs something IMO.

(Message edited by dudeman on August 02, 2005)
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-02-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
I think those graphics look good, minus the x-star. I'm tired of the played out tribal graphics, trucker hats, jersey life jackets, and flames on speaker grills....
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
They should have made an oval shaped sticker with some hard to read writing and graphics in it and put it right in the middle on each side. Nobody is doing that, that would be fresh.

To really jazz it up, put some tribal stuff around the oval, stuff like you could get at a tattoo shop, with sharp edges and horns. Kind of like what my 4 yr old put on his arm the other day like one of those water based tattoos you get from a bubble gum machine, they got some good designs on those.

Props to MC for taking some chances with the boat graphics. I think they all have merit, and the X-Star is the best, but will get dated all too soon. Nice boats though
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-02-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Back to cdm with the wakeplate comment i was at the mc dealer near my house and they to had an X-30 which looked the same as the one above and it had a wakeplate. So is mastercraft putting those on for 06 or what... I also saw and X1 and it had the same graphics as the one above except the hull was white and not red personally i really like it but that is just my opinion.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
Mikeski-That red and black x-star at McClure last weekend was SICK! The only X-star that I have seen that looks as good is Kevin B. all white x-Star.

Cliff,how did you know that I was a Redneck!!!! I am a redneck cuz I have a lifted F-350 and I like a boat with new graphic. I will have the coolest boat in the park. I hope there is room in front of the double wide for my truck and my new boat. You can't anymore basic then the graphics on the new x-45.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I like the graphics more then their current boats. Much cleaner IMO.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-02-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
i'm not sure,but it's different.

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-02-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
I find it interesting that all you read on here is how the tribal graphics are played out and cliche and then a manufacturer steps out and tries something completely different and gets flamed. Nobody on here is every happy.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the XStar graphic but the other ones look pretty clean to me.
Old    52wknds            08-02-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
i am also not a fan of big tribal crap but , the xstar is a bit much, i do however like the rest , i think it would cool to do a stars and stripes old school boat, i have an 02 xstar and might just give it a try can any of you photo shop hacks hook me up with a preview

Old    bambamski            08-03-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
X-30, and X-45 look pretty good. The X-star, I don't care for at all, and the X-1 graphic is too basic for me.

My understanding was that you could still get the old colour schemes as well.

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
not great, but hella better than the old sheot of 6' long splatter paint.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote by Diggs(tyler97217)
"I am not bashing the graphics, but thought would be interesting to figure out their (MC) thought process behind it. For example:
wakeboarders = young punks that like to tag (grafitti) things"

wakeboarders are now punks who are also taggers? um, ok man. I mean, at least you thought about that stereotype before you posted it. Very clever bro.}

(Message edited by wakeandsnow27 on August 03, 2005)

(Message edited by wakeandsnow27 on August 03, 2005)
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-03-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
I was just searching around my dealers site and i came across this....2005 Closeout Sale (ENDS: 10/28/2005)

2005 Closeout Sale! Hurry in for great deals on remaining 2005 models and preseason discounts on 2006's. Stop in to get the scoop in the 2006 X-1 priced at $39999 which includes a tower, 310 HP efi engine with cruise, rear ballast, and trailer! Get details on the new for 2006 X-2 and MariStar 200. Fianlly a smaller size of the poprular new X-Star! Many 2006's already in stock.

I thought it was pretty interesting...just an idea of how much it is really going to be with all of the stuff you are going to add on
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
i think almost all of those graphics look really good! all of them are so much different than everyone elses boats that it makes them unique, which i like.
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       08-03-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
Those new graphics get my vote for the riders choice awards. I am not a fan of MC normally but these designs will definitlly get me on the water for a test drive. Wow they really look good, clean and sharp. I think I am going to make one of those pics my wallpaper on my desktop for a few days and see if my view stays the same.
Old    whirly            08-04-2005, 12:37 AM Reply   
On a bit of a tangent I wouldn't mind seeing Mastercraft do away with the whole "X naming concept", and Nautiques drop the "Air naming concept". X-Star, Super Air Nautique-- Yeah it's just a name, but it's so... 1996.
Old    sangerfan            08-04-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Those are all sorrya** graphics thats a shame a company that charges that much for a boat puts that kind of efort into graphics. the x-star is the worse. parks rides behind it who cares what it looks like. there making fools out of the people that fall for that "its so different crap". if you like those graphics go buy a can of krylon.
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2005, 11:17 PM Reply   
I agree with a lot of discussion and disagree with a lot of it, in my opinion, doing something different counts, but it doesnt count enough to make it sell for the sole purpose that its different. i like the direction that they are going, i think they just stopped in the wrong place. in my opinion, it chops the boat in half the solid color change in the back, i would have tried to blend it to white, or something gradual, the complete different color seems radicle. i dont know, i plan on being a graphic designer, thats what im studying, maybe ill get to adjust some MC graphics some day.
Old    donskickinit            08-06-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
x-star owners-Please keep paying thousands for hulls all coming from the same factory and overpriced decals-engines are all the same-

suckers!!!!
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
yeah haveing the best resale value out there makes me the sucker. How much have you lost on the moomba.