Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
I don't know if any of you jumped on the new PP firmware that allows a riders name and speed SP to be entered, I know I didn't. It seems like fluff to me. I was talking with Eric at PP the other day and suggested that it would be much more useful and meaningful if changing the name selection changed KDW as well as a speed setpoint. This would mean that you could enter and select a "name" like "Full Ballast", "1500lbs", or "No Ballast" and have a speed and KDW setting appropriate to that amount of weight. It wouldn't matter that much if you always run with the same amount of weight, but I don't and I change KDW depending on how many people, how much ballast I'm running. This change could simplify that process. They'll put it in the next firmware version if they get enough feedback from us users. Anyone?
Old    powaman            04-07-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Do you want a car that drives itself too, or controls the speed itself based on speed limits. Yes some stuff is nice but the more stuff like that, the more to brake and the less control you actually have.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
This is just changing parameters automatically that you would normally do through the pushbuttons. So, less wear and tear on the most expensive part of the system.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-07-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
Travis, great response. do you know what firmware is?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-07-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
UHHHHH Travis. Yes I would like a car that drives itself. That would enable me to get a SHI*LOAD of work done on the road between Appointments.
Old    alanp            04-07-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
that seems to be a good idea however i never change any of the kdw settings. i just deal with the fluctuations.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-08-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
This is the first that I've heard about these changes. Is this something that I can upgrade, or do I have to buy a whole new unit?
Old    zboomer            04-08-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
My '05 VLX came with the latest 6.5N software for perfectpass. It has a "quick list" memory where it can memorize riders, and their settings.

I suppose it would be nice to store different kdw settings, etc. for each rider, but I never change those settings much, so not a huge deal to me.

Yes, you can upgrade your pp at perfectpass.com.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
I have the latest version with the quick list. I find it much easier to say "What speed would you like?" and push the up or down arrow until right.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-11-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
I have last years rev (not sure of the exact number), and yesterday I went out on a buddy's new 208V with the new "quick list". What a PITA. I was trying to change riders and accidentally created a new rider. That was the last time I messed with it, from then on out I just changed the settings like I normally do.

I never mess with my KDW, it just seems like too much stuff to mess with for my crew and I, but we mostly ride with the same ballast setup every time out.
Old    zboomer            04-11-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean it's not a nice feature, heh.

It takes a couple button presses to call up the list, no big deal.

If you don't want to use the feature, you can ignore it. I think it's pretty damn cool personally.

I have four "people" memorized right now, myself, wife, son, and "surf." A couple buttons and everyone has the speed they like, easy.
Old     (mtv_firemedic)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
65 bucks not bad - also has feature included in new software that is for those wakeboard boats that also tow a skier now and then - "easy slalom mode" - ties a speed to a specific RPM I know I have a hard time remembering what RPM my wife likes to ski at... takes a few pulls to jog the memory banks- but this sounds way easier - I know what speed she likes.. and others too.. some want faster and some slower - Cool feature