Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    choix            08-14-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
The boat I ride behind throws out a less than optimal wake....The board I am looking at getting (O'brien Vision) has a Continuous rocker...I was wondering if this will make if harder for me achieve bigger air with my smaller wake than if I had a board with a 3-stage....Any thoughts help...
Old    sk8joe01            08-14-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
o'brien vision, ride it an love it, and my wake absolutly blows. this summer i rode behind our 16' 1968 mark twain I/O, nuf said.
Old    sk8joe01            08-14-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
oh yeah, beter pop than the premier (3 stage) next to it in my profile pic, but i think thats more a component of it being a bigger board...
Old    vcamper            08-14-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
i rode the hyperlite motive 134 which had a continuos rocker on my old american skier and when i switched to the three- stage byerly i gained about a foot of air consistently off of a smaller wake.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
I much prefer a 3 stage board on a small or flat wake.
Old    howie            08-15-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
I have riden many boats this year and steep wake to almost no wake and byerly I ride still get good pop I also ride a 03 primer continuse rocker and do not get as much air my 2 cents
Old    sk8joe01            08-15-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
premier's are all and have always been three stage tho, havn't they?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
yep
Old    howie            08-15-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
my bad sorry
Old    howie            08-15-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hey what is an abrupt 3-stage verse 3-stage? Byerly and primer 03 both ? sorry not to get OT
Old    spinsir            08-15-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
i specifically went out and bought the Parks 143 DNA because i ride behind an outboard and it creates little to no wake at all. i get decent air now with the Parks...can get a W2W 180 and stuff like that. Parks is an abrupt 3-stage but i also have a board with continuous rocker and it is a little faster but that's it. you want air, go for more of a 3 stage rocker...Parks, Byerly, or something like that.
Old    sk8joe01            08-16-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
wick, a continuous rocker is a smoth curve throughout the length of the board, a three stage rocker has more of a flat spot in the middle between your feet with the ends liping up at each end. this provides more pop because of the large flat in the middle of the board slaming into the wake and bucking you up into the air. and abrupt three stage (parks) lips up at more of an angle and more abruptly at eack end, where as a subtile three stage (premier) is less of an angle at each tip.