Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    guayosr            04-01-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
hey! I just moved to michigan this year and I was wondering when people start wakeboarding again. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! how much longer?
Old     (oulaxster25)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-01-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
You can start as soon as the ice melts. Might want to us a drysuit.
I went out last year starting in mid to late may, but I did see a guy out last weekend on my lake up in Grand Rapids.
Where in Michigan are you?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-02-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
I'll be on the water after spring break. Most of the time we are on Gun Lake between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.

I will be running the West MI INT this year if you want to compete. Three weekends this summer on the Grand River, Riverside Park.

Let me know if you want to ride.
Old    drunknboatin            05-04-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
anyone lookin to ride? let me know im lookin for people to ride with
Old    sk8joe01            05-04-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
i'm lookin for ppl to ride wiht to! i live around ann arbor, but our lake is in the south-west corner of the state by the sister lakes. let me know if you ride around either of these places. thanks
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-04-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
Joe,

Where is your place on Magician? I have a summer place there too (actually live in Chicago).

-Keith
Old    drunknboatin            05-04-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
i ride in mid-west michigan on spring lake and im always lookin for people who want to do some sick tricks cause i need to get better
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
I live a little east of Grand Rapids. To answer the original question, we rode April 2nd this year and have been out quite a bit. I always enjoy having people over. My 2001 X-Star is always loaded and has been sitting on the lift for a while. Just holla! SERIOUSLY!

Self moving ballast...aka..."ladies"...are always a plus!
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
Karl, please contact me about the comps, I always to a number of them. I was wondering who was organizing them this year. You're doing the INT's? There are also NWL events in GR and Detroit for others interested. email me please, banker_or_boarder@yahoo.com Thanks. See ya'll later.
Old    drunknboatin            05-04-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Action water sports in hudsonville is organizing the comps on grand river...riverside and the one at cherry festival..i already talked to them about it. They are supposed to have some pros up at the cherry festival show as well $125 to ride with them. Mark and Karl do either of you have AIM or Yahoo instant messangers? id love to ride with u guys..Mark i know PLENTY of ladies lol thats what i live for!!! AIM:rossift120 Yahoo:tahoesportin22s
or if worse comes to worse e-mail rossift120@comcast.net
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-05-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Here are the INT in GR this year comps this year:

July 9, 10, 11
July 23, 24, 25
August 6, 7, 8
Fridays are practice and clinic
Saturdays are Slalom
Sundays are wakeboard, kneeboard, wakeskate

Two other comps are on the East side. One date set - June 19 at Tivoli Gardens in Fenton. The other will be at Whitmore Lake, date TBD. INT website www.intleague.com

I do not have instant messaging. e-mail at rider@boarditup.com
Old    sk8joe01            05-06-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
keith, i'm on majician lake on hemlock island. i live between A2 and dexter.
Old    sk8joe01            05-06-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
-keith: we are the third cottage to the right of the big sandbar (which we own, mwahahahahaha!). this summer there will be an old 1968 (?) mark twain out front on the hoist.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
Joe,

So you are on the island? I'm in the northwest corner - big blue house next to what used to the be "castle" (it's been torn down - they are building a new house there). I have a blue X-9 on a hoist. And I just bought a sweet 16 Donzi - it's going to be a good summer!!
Old     (oulaxster25)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-06-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
Hey Mark what city do you live in? I ride out in Jenison, a little west of G.R. Email me at drparker_99@yahoo.com if you want to get together and ride sometime.
Old    sk8joe01            05-07-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
keith, have you been out yet? i'll give you a shout before i go to the lake next, maybe we can hook up.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-07-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Joe,

No - my boat is still in storage. I will be getting it out either next week or the week after. I just had my shore station put in - a little late this year. I'll definitely be up on the 22nd and obviously Memorial Day. I almost always get a set in before June - hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-07-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Joe,

BTW - does the whole island own the sandbar or does your family. I had heard it was owned by someone - I'm wondering if it will be still be open to the public.

-Keith
Old    sk8joe01            05-07-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
well, my family owns the lots on the island, but techinacly all water is public property, so it is still open to anyone who wants to park their boat and swim there. we are trying to keep ppl off of the land there though...
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
I m at magician lake. got a crap boat too. lookin for somebody on magician with an awesome boat so maybe i can do something more then a little bunny hop 8P
Old    sk8joe01            05-11-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
sweet, i'll give you a shout next time i go up, well give you a tow, but are boats might end up in competition for "the crappiest wake" award. you'll have to intro me to wakeskating to, i've never done it
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-04-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
cool :-) well, i don't have a crappy boat, its a ski boat 8P but in my book that means crap.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2004, 5:12 AM Reply   
When I head home I have to leave my lake and I miss out on some riding. Is there anybody that rides in Southwest Michigan?