Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-30-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Well, it took us a while, but we finally got the review of the 2003 X-Star up. Check it out at http://www.wakeworld.com/reviews/xstar1.asp and please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Well done. I think the video could of been better. But that's not you.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-30-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Dave, great job with the review. That was an excellent look at every aspect of the boat. I liked some of MC's comments: "such and such isn't cool."

Thanks for the info - keep up the good work! Wanna go ride today? Meet us at the San V dock at 1:30.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       05-30-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
That was a great review - Love the wake measurement tool (Wakealyzer). I can't wait to see how other boats stand up to the Wakealyzer.
Interesting that adding 1300 lbs to the stock ballast only increased the wake by 2" at 75 feet.

Nice to see a review that was not written by the Manufacturer (like some magazines). It was also nice to see their comments in a different color - great format. I hope other manufacturers have the you know whats to put their boats through your review (and don't pull ad's if they don't like what you say).

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
Excellent job Dave. Now we need a VLX & SAN review for comparison!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
Wow! Absolutely incredible job, Dave! You're a rock star. I hope you are able to do the same thing on the other manufacturer's flagship boats, and I wouldn't mind seeing one on an X-2 as well!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2003, 10:03 PM Reply   
Great review! The review read very balanced. The manufacture's comments add a new dimension to the review that I really like.

The wake video was pretty good. Pictures and video of wakes never seem to do them justice. Wakes always look smaller when photographed. What I found impressive was the regular rider--that was nice height.

Be great to see more boat reviews done in the same style.

I'd also love to the see that Wakealyzer and make one for myself. Do you need two riders to use it? I'm picturing a few yardstick levels with measurements on them--one rider in the flats holding the two levels together and another rider at the crest of the wake?

As for being biased or manufacture's pulling ads, I've never seen a Mastercraft ad on WakeWorld. I know a bunch of folks from Mastercraft read WakeWorld, but I've never noticed an ad. It will be interesting to see what happens to the board racks in 2004.

(Message edited by whit on May 30, 2003)