Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-17-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Can I just tee into the hot water source hose for my heater? The cold source for my heater comes in before the raw water impeller. Can I also tee into the hose for the cold shower source? Will these rob from each other? Also will going with both the heater and shower before the raw water impeller rob cold water from the engine?

thanks
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-18-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
Not sure about a tee from the heater, I would run the hot off the block with a shut off like this really sweet guy did
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1065589943
I don't think a tee before the raw water pump would work very well because there is suction there, I would tee it after the pump before the circulating pump like the link shows.
I did overheat my boat by teeing before the raw water pump, I just installed a shut off before my heater so it doesn't rob my engine during the summer, plus I can turn down the water flow to the heater and control the heat. The only advantage of doing it that way is for heat at idle.
Shoot me a pm if any of that doesn't make sense.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-18-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
I did go to the block for the heat, just had to buy a tee as my knock sensor is there as well. Cold.. I tee'd into the the hose that goes to my heater. That hose is before the pump
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-19-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
The only water going to a heater is hot water. Did you tee into the return line? Maybe that water is luke warm enough to use for your shower???
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-19-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinator View Post
The only water going to a heater is hot water. Did you tee into the return line? Maybe that water is luke warm enough to use for your shower???
well my heater has a hot water source and then a cold water source which is a tee before the raw water intake....that is lake water. It is before the intake so I have heat during idle. I tee'ed there for the shower
Old     (dirtracer27x)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-19-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
i just installed my hot water shower and it works great.only prob is i ran the cold water after the seawater pump.so when the engine is not running,the impeller blocks any water intake,thus only VERY hot water comes out.i ran a seperate on demand pump so i think i could have tied in befor pump(didnt need the extra water pressuer with the 12volt pump).as far as the hot water i tied into the thermastat housing,very easy install.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2010, 4:35 AM Reply   
well I will find out if how I hooked it up works or not, can't imagine it not.
Old     (vr6mole)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-20-2010, 5:18 AM Reply   
Anyone know if a pump is actually needed? Was hoping to just use this mainly to warm up the wetsuits since we often times share these. Not looking for a ton of flow, just source of warm water.
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-20-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
I don't know how you could without a pump. Mine doesn't get great flow even with it, but it is acceptable. Maybe cold water if you do it after the impeller, but once again if it isn't turning...

regarding the knock sensor, I used the drain plug on the opposite side. Had to re-tap the hole just to clean it out but didn't have to mess with it. My cold water intake is prior to the impeller. Makes my hose runs kind of long as all my plumbing is starboard and my pump,switches and shower head are port.

Shower works like a charm though. Well spent $250.00.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-20-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Yes you need a pump, not enough pressure without. Edgar, the "cold" water line is the return from the heater. If you have a hot water input and a cold water input where is all this water going? Unless heaters changed since I installed mine. But for the life of me I don't see a manufacturer putting a cold water input on a heater.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaksooner View Post
I don't know how you could without a pump. Mine doesn't get great flow even with it, but it is acceptable. Maybe cold water if you do it after the impeller, but once again if it isn't turning...

regarding the knock sensor, I used the drain plug on the opposite side. Had to re-tap the hole just to clean it out but didn't have to mess with it. My cold water intake is prior to the impeller. Makes my hose runs kind of long as all my plumbing is starboard and my pump,switches and shower head are port.

Shower works like a charm though. Well spent $250.00.
I had knock sensors on both sides so I just built a T

Do you also have a heater? If so are you running water to it before the raw water impeller?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinator View Post
Yes you need a pump, not enough pressure without. Edgar, the "cold" water line is the return from the heater. If you have a hot water input and a cold water input where is all this water going? Unless heaters changed since I installed mine. But for the life of me I don't see a manufacturer putting a cold water input on a heater.
Dam, your right!!! Knew I was missing something.

So now my question is:

Do I tie in the cold water source before or after the intake? Doesn't look like much room to put it after.

If I do put it before should I put it before or after the "T" for the return line from the heater?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-20-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
You need to put the tee for the shower between the raw water pump and the circulating pump on the front of the motor like in the first picture in this link.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1065589943
If you tee before the raw water pump, your shower pump will have to fight that suction.
Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but the way I did it is about the only way I know how, this is how all the boat manufactures I know install a shower
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-24-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
^^^ well I hooked it up like that

It's hard to get a luke warm setting because if I turn the cold water to low the pressure really sucks......could the fitting in the block be colgged?
Old     (dirtracer27x)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-25-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
have one of these and works great,plenty of pressure and easy install

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...item439f6c7edc

Last edited by dirtracer27x; 05-25-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: no reason
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-25-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
^^^ pretty close to what I have but like I said if I turn down the cold water to much I have crappy pressure.