Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-03-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Who's overly sensitive? The ironic statement is....Ironic.

No sense in denying that WW has an overabundance of MC hate. Everyone knows it does.

I would tend to agree that the seats wouldn't be my favorite feature on the X46. But I have never sat in them....
I will deny that ww has an overabundance of MC hate... for no good reason as you seem to insinuate.

Tige got bashed 10 years ago for having some crappy boats (I had one of that era and loved it, no problems..) I don't think people decided to hate on Tige just for fun, there were reasons behind it and it was probably warranted.

MC, nautique, and Malibu (the big 3) are getting pounded because of price tag.... for good reason.

MB gets hammered because they appear to pay a bunch of people to flood the forums anytime negative MB comments are made, using the same talking points over and over. Or they flood the forums with EVERY SINGLE "which boat" thread trying to sell MB to the OP's, even if the OP is specifically looking for a boat that has no letter "m" in the name. Wether they are getting paid or just uber loyal owners, it got crazy for a while and MB got pounded for it.... for good reason.

MC gets hammered lately because of so many reasons... especially any of their boats besides the 04-12 xstar or the new x-25. 2 boats they seem to have got right, and the xstar of that era is a rockstar to this day. The rest of their boats just dont seem to make sense. they do wierd things with their towers and layouts of the interior. The new xstar is a disappointment, and its rival the G23/25 is absolutely destroying the xstar, getting better reviews in what appears to be all categories. There appears to be no good reason to buy a mastercraft these days... other than to be able to say "i have a mastercraft" or if you care nothing of wake/wave or ride and really just like the way it looks. Yes their build quality is great, so is malibu and nautique and most others. Their material is great... so are the others. There new motors are probably great, but so are indmar and PCM. For the same price or less, you can have a the same or better wake, interior lay out and use of space, tower, dash and drivers helm, and warranty in a boat that can turn well.... by going with another brand.

I don't hate MC, I would take a set happily behind any of their models, but imo I don't see one boat I would buy in their line up, yet I will be told by their salesmen how crappy every other boat manufacturer is and why I should not buy one of those.

For these reasons, and more, MC is getting an "over abundance of hate".... imo, rightfully so.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-03-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
I will deny that ww has an overabundance of MC hate... for no good reason as you seem to insinuate.

Tige got bashed 10 years ago for having some crappy boats (I had one of that era and loved it, no problems..) I don't think people decided to hate on Tige just for fun, there were reasons behind it and it was probably warranted.

MC, nautique, and Malibu (the big 3) are getting pounded because of price tag.... for good reason.

MB gets hammered because they appear to pay a bunch of people to flood the forums anytime negative MB comments are made, using the same talking points over and over. Or they flood the forums with EVERY SINGLE "which boat" thread trying to sell MB to the OP's, even if the OP is specifically looking for a boat that has no letter "m" in the name. Wether they are getting paid or just uber loyal owners, it got crazy for a while and MB got pounded for it.... for good reason.

MC gets hammered lately because of so many reasons... especially any of their boats besides the 04-12 xstar or the new x-25. 2 boats they seem to have got right, and the xstar of that era is a rockstar to this day. The rest of their boats just dont seem to make sense. they do wierd things with their towers and layouts of the interior. The new xstar is a disappointment, and its rival the G23/25 is absolutely destroying the xstar, getting better reviews in what appears to be all categories. There appears to be no good reason to buy a mastercraft these days... other than to be able to say "i have a mastercraft" or if you care nothing of wake/wave or ride and really just like the way it looks. Yes their build quality is great, so is malibu and nautique and most others. Their material is great... so are the others. There new motors are probably great, but so are indmar and PCM. For the same price or less, you can have a the same or better wake, interior lay out and use of space, tower, dash and drivers helm, and warranty in a boat that can turn well.... by going with another brand.

I don't hate MC, I would take a set happily behind any of their models, but imo I don't see one boat I would buy in their line up, yet I will be told by their salesmen how crappy every other boat manufacturer is and why I should not buy one of those.

For these reasons, and more, MC is getting an "over abundance of hate".... imo, rightfully so.
I would agree with a lot of this. Wakeworld is a website/forum for wakeboard enthusiasts so I don't think it represents the typical boat buyer very well. The people on this site seem to be car more concerned with wake performance than the average buyer. Like Johnny said MC are crazy expensive so they get bashed some on that which all the other top price point boats do. I personally think they have dropped the ball the last 10 years on most of their boats as far as wake performance and driving characteristics are concerned. Like Johnny said, outside of the 03-12 Xstar they haven't had a great performing or handling wakeboard boat. The pickle fork X2 is a great boat but doesn't handle that great and is just an average wakeboard and surf boat. The X15 might be their next best boat from a wakeboard standpoint but again is just an average surf boat and the handling isn't as good as others. The late model X30 was a horrible driving boat that as average at best both wakeboarding and surfing. the X45 is a great party/family boat but again is average at best as a surf or wake boat. The X35 and X55 are glorified vdrive runabouts.

With all that said I am not trying to say Mastercraft is doing the wrong thing. They may very well have made a good business decision by trying to make their boats be more of a vdrive runabout than a true world championship towboat. I am not sure how their newer boats are performing but they also appear to be extremely well built and luxuries Vdrives with average wake and handling performance.

You also have to realize that this is not say that they suck and are terrible performers but that they don't seem to keep up in comparison to their competitors. Most Malibu's, Nautique's, MB's, the new Supra's and probably even the Tige's seem to all exceed comparable Mastercraft's in wake performance. I know when I sold Mastercraft's in 2007 Malibu's drove circles around Mastercraft's. Do their newest boats handle any better than the old one's?

Anyways, I am sure some won't like that opinion but whatever. IT may not have at all been their vision but to me they are concerned more about appealing to the average potential buyer(upper class family that wants the coolest/most luxurious wakeboard boat who is also looking at runabouts) than the core wakeboarder/surfer. It they did do that on purpose it is probably the correct business decision as the runabout market absolutely dwarfs the inboard towboat market.